Wolfowitz Is Culprit-InChief, according to Iraqi Chalabi

Psychoblues

Nov 30, 2003
North Missisippi
I never said “I Told You So” did I?

Chalabi spills the beans on IRAQ: Wolfowitz is genuine Culprit-In-Chief

NEW YORK So, Ahmad Chalabi, what went wrong in Iraq in the war you helped to sell? "The Americans sold us out," he tells longtime Baghdad reporter Dexter Filkins in a lengthy cover story in this coming Sunday’s New York Times Magazine, reviewed by E&P.

Chalabi was the Iraqi exile who worked -- via everyone from Paul Wolfowitz to Judith Miller -- to convince America to topple Saddam in 2003 (not that many in the administration needed much convincing).

Now, in an interview in his London home, Chalabi, betraying what Filkins calls "a touch of bitterness," declares, "The real culprit in all this is Wolfowitz," the former assistant secretary of defense, whom he still considers a friend. "They chickened out. The Pentagon guys chickened out…The Americans screwed it up."

More:

http://www.editorandpublisher.com/eandp/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003350110

Yeah, Chalabi is an untrustworthy son of a bitch. But there is some truth to what he is saying. Decipher it for yourself.

Psychoblues

I never said “I Told You So” did I?

Chalabi spills the beans on IRAQ: Wolfowitz is genuine Culprit-In-Chief

NEW YORK So, Ahmad Chalabi, what went wrong in Iraq in the war you helped to sell? "The Americans sold us out," he tells longtime Baghdad reporter Dexter Filkins in a lengthy cover story in this coming Sunday’s New York Times Magazine, reviewed by E&P.

Chalabi was the Iraqi exile who worked -- via everyone from Paul Wolfowitz to Judith Miller -- to convince America to topple Saddam in 2003 (not that many in the administration needed much convincing).

Now, in an interview in his London home, Chalabi, betraying what Filkins calls "a touch of bitterness," declares, "The real culprit in all this is Wolfowitz," the former assistant secretary of defense, whom he still considers a friend. "They chickened out. The Pentagon guys chickened out…The Americans screwed it up."

More:

http://www.editorandpublisher.com/eandp/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003350110

Yeah, Chalabi is an untrustworthy son of a bitch. But there is some truth to what he is saying. Decipher it for yourself.

Psychoblues

Hell psycho, there's some truth in what you say, though not much. It's the unstated agenda, that I have a problem with.

Forum List

Back