WMD ARGUEMENT, this is going to hurt

Originally posted by dilloduck
Saw that too-----ya think they are waiting for the 30th for some big fireworks?

Yes I am. As I stated in another thread, I sold my house here in Vegas only to decide NOT to move to Texas and now I am "homeless" in a sense.

I am a firm believer that EVERYTHING happens for a reason. I kept asking myself and God, why did this happen to me and then I saw the news about the WMD's and what the terrorists in Iraq are wanting to do. I then put two and two together.

I believe that if they can find any of the WMD's that they will use them on the 30th the moment we hand over power. If that happens, that will kill the markets and drive down real estate, etc. Well, Vegas is in a boom right now and the RE market is out of kilter with reality here. Home prices have increased over 50% in some areas of the Las Vegas Valley this year alone. They can't keep going up, so if something happens on the 30th, they will drop like a rock just like they did after 911.

Well, I am closing on my house on the 30th. So if something happens, I won't care (as much) as I will have secured the equity that is currently available in my home (in the current market, I have over $500K equity in my home). I will have that in the form of CASH! Nothing better to have in a really bad economy.

Be prepared folks. I am not at all optimistic.

Now having said that, I firmly believe that if the transition goes without a hitch, the economy will continue on its hum for a while and I will jump back into the RE market here.

Forum List

Back