Wm. Shatner!

As a dedicated Trekkie, I can't imagine anybody else as Captain Kirk in the original Star Trek. Then I tried to hate The Second Generation but came to love it too. Shatner would have been wrong for that role.

And I agree, Shatner was perfect for his role in Boston Legal, but it didn't quite work as the world only saw Captain Kirk playing the role of a screwy lawyer.

Shatner is like so many of the icons of television, movies, theater: instantly recognizable, permanently type cast so he isn't really allowed to step outside of a certain character or genre without drawing criticism, so that most of us have this love/hate relationship with his persona. But I think the entertainment world would have been the poorer without him.

As a dedicated Trekkie, I can't imagine anybody else as Captain Kirk in the original Star Trek. Then I tried to hate The Second Generation but came to love it too. Shatner would have been wrong for that role.

And I agree, Shatner was perfect for his role in Boston Legal, but it didn't quite work as the world only saw Captain Kirk playing the role of a screwy lawyer.

Shatner is like so many of the icons of television, movies, theater: instantly recognizable, permanently type cast so he isn't really allowed to step outside of a certain character or genre without drawing criticism, so that most of us have this love/hate relationship with his persona. But I think the entertainment world would have been the poorer without him.

I really didn't see him as Cpt. Kirk when he was on Boston Legal, his character was such a lowlife, he just wasn't likable. I believe the real Shatner was the one on Boston Legal.

He's continued to work all these years but nothing relevent since Star Trek. Cool that he is still active at 80 but he's more annoying than anything else.

IMO. :)

My sister has had a crush on Shatner since she was a little kid.
She finally got to meet him at a Star Trek convention several years ago.
She bought a ticket for a photo-op, and when it was her turn in line she sat on his lap and whispered in his ear...
"Mr. Shatner my fantasy is for you to put on your Captain's uniform and fuck my brains out".

She said the guy turned purple from embarrassment, stood up, gave her a hug and said "thank you my dear". LOL true story.

Bohemian Rhapsody. Such a wonderful old song. But Queen did it better!~

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=irp8CNj9qBI]Queen - Bohemian Rhapsody - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back