"Wizard Of Oz" as A Mnemonic Device

rtwngAvngr

Jan 5, 2004
http://www.apfn.org/apfn/oz.htm

The man who wrote the book The Wizard of Oz was a member of the Theosophical Society. L. Frank Baum lived in South Dakota and created The Wizard of Oz book as a theosophical fairy tale incorporating the “ancient wisdom” of the Mystery Religions. The books have so much material from inside the secret world of the Illuminati, that the few who understand the Illuminati wonder if Baum wasn’t an insider. The moral of the book is that we must rely upon ourselves, for we alone have the power to save ourselves. This was part of the original lie of Satan in the garden. Satan has simply dressed up the same original lie into different packaging and is distributing it worldwide as the most popular American fairy tale. L. Frank Baum explained how he came to write the book, “It was pure inspiration....It came to me right out of the blue. I think that sometimes the Great Author has a message to get across and He has to use the instrument at hand. I happened to be that medium, and I believe the magic key was given me to open the doors to sympathy and understanding, joy, peace and happiness.” (Hearn, Michael P. ed., The Annotated Wizard of Oz. NY: Clarkson N. Potter, 1973, p. 73.) In Baum’s time, the head of the Theosophical Society, H.P. Blavastsky had been putting out her journal called Lucifer. In other words, I highly suspect Baum knew what the Theosophical Society was all about, and that he himself was deeply into the occult. The book The Wizard of Oz came out in 1900. (It wasn’t until 1939 that the movie was made.) This next section will cover the numerous parallels between the Wizard of Oz material and the occult world and the occult world’s programming. This is broken up into 3 sections:

wizard-of-oz-still-large.jpg

Speaking of Oz,
During AIT we did the "dark side of oz" experiment and it really works.
The way it works is to play Pink Floyd's "dark side of the moon" and to sync
the play of the cd to the movie with the movie volume off. The cd will
play songs that actually tie into the movie, such as the movie changing to
color at the exact moment that the cash register chimes in the
song "Money". Instructions are posted, and more information given in the link
below.It really works

Another starnge Oz occurence is a scene where a man was said to hang
himself.The scene were Dororthy and friends are skipping down the YBR
singing "were off to see the wizzard"(Right after Tin Man). The scene will
remain focused for an unusual amount of time and you will see a shadow of a
small person in the forest. He will be carrying what looks like a step stool and
place it on the ground. Next he will stand on the stool. The rest is hard to
make out but it looks as if something is swinging from a rope. I have seen
this but can't confirm if it was really a hanging. It was also said the MGM
rented exotic birds for the orchard scene and this bird just happened to
make it into this scene as well. It's hard to tell unless you watch it.
Check it out.

http://www.thecarlylegroup.com/eng/index.html
Our mission is to be the premier global private equity firm, leveraging the insight of Carlyle's team of investment professionals to generate extraordinary returns across a range of investment choices, while maintaining our good name and the good name of our investors.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlyle_Group

Politicians affiliated with Carlyle

* Alice Albright, daughter of ex-Secretary of State Madeleine Albright
* James Baker III, former United States Secretary of State under George H. W. Bush, Staff member under Ronald Reagan and George W. Bush, Carlyle Senior Counselor
* George H. W. Bush, former U.S. President, Senior Advisor to the Carlyle Asia Advisory Board from April 1998 to October 2003.
* George W. Bush, current U.S. President. Was appointed in 1990 to the Board of Directors of one of Carlyle's first acquisitions, an airline food business called Caterair, which Carlyle eventually sold at a loss. Bush left the board in 1992 to later become Governor of Texas, where he was responsible for appointing several members of the board which controlled the investment of Texas teachers' pension funds. A few years later, the board decided to invest $100m of public money in the Carlyle Group.
* Frank C. Carlucci, former United States Secretary of Defense from 1987 to 1989, chairman emeritus and currently strategic business advisor. Also, former Princeton roommate and wrestling partner of present US Secretary of Defense, Donald Rumsfeld.
* Richard Darman, former Director of the U.S. Office of Management and Budget under George H. W. Bush, Senior Advisor and Managing Director of The Carlyle Group
* William Kennard, Chairman of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) under President Bill Clinton, Carlyle's Managing Director in the Telecommunications & Media Group
* Arthur Levitt, Chairman of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) under President Bill Clinton, Carlyle Senior Advisor
* John Major, former British Prime Minister, Chairman, Carlyle Europe until May 2004, and other posts to the present
* Frank McKenna, former Canadian ambassador to the United States and former member of Carlyle's Canadian advisory board
* Mack McLarty, White House Chief of Staff under President Bill Clinton, President of Kissinger McLarty Associates, Carlyle Senior Advisor
* Anand Panyarachun, former premier of Thailand
* Colin Powell, former United States Secretary of State
* Fidel Ramos, former president of the Philippines, Carlyle Asia Advisor Board Member until the board was disbanded in February 2004
* John W. Snow, United States Secretary of the Treasury, chairman Committee on Foreign Investments in the United States (CFIUS), former CEO of CSX railroad
* Park Tae Joon, former prime minister of South Korea
* Robert Zoellick, former United States Trade Representative and current Deputy Secretary of State

The Saudi Arabian relatives of Osama bin Laden (not Osama bin Laden himself) were also minor investors in Carlyle until October 2001 when the family sold its $2.02 million investment back to the firm in light of the public controversy surrounding the bin Laden family after September 11.

Want to join the New World Order? here's how:

http://www.thecarlylegroup.com/eng/industry/industryproposalsl4-2281.html

Opportunistic

In addition to uncovering superior investments in our sector specialties, Carlyle is on the lookout for opportunistic investments. Based on our successful experience with KorAm Bank, financial services is a new industry priority for Carlyle.
Investment Approach
Portfolio
Submit Business Proposal

Sell out now, using the instructions below.
Submit Business Proposal

To submit a business proposal to The Carlyle Group, please do the following:

1. Review the investment guidelines below.
2. Mail or fax an executive summary to only one address if your proposal meets the criteria.
3. Indicate, if relevant, in the subject line the industry your proposal falls within.
4. Wait for a Carlyle official to respond to your proposal.

Buyout:
U.S. Buyout: Please submit business proposals to the Carlyle Washington, D.C. office.

JOKER96BRAVO said:
Speaking of Oz,
During AIT we did the "dark side of oz" experiment and it really works.
The way it works is to play Pink Floyd's "dark side of the moon" and to sync
the play of the cd to the movie with the movie volume off. The cd will
play songs that actually tie into the movie, such as the movie changing to
color at the exact moment that the cash register chimes in the
song "Money". Instructions are posted, and more information given in the link
below.It really works

Another starnge Oz occurence is a scene where a man was said to hang
himself.The scene were Dororthy and friends are skipping down the YBR
singing "were off to see the wizzard"(Right after Tin Man). The scene will
remain focused for an unusual amount of time and you will see a shadow of a
small person in the forest. He will be carrying what looks like a step stool and
place it on the ground. Next he will stand on the stool. The rest is hard to
make out but it looks as if something is swinging from a rope. I have seen
this but can't confirm if it was really a hanging. It was also said the MGM
rented exotic birds for the orchard scene and this bird just happened to
make it into this scene as well. It's hard to tell unless you watch it.
Check it out.
Has anyone else ever done this?

Munchkin hanging is a myth. It's just another bird.

http://www.snopes.com/movies/films/ozsuicid.htm

As far as the point of "The Wizard of Oz," it has nothing to do with that purported message. It's about the gold vs. silver standard debate. When the book was written, congress had just voted to switch from the traditional silver standard to the gold standard. Each character in the book represents a different social group.

Dorothy is the average voter, lost is a world that confuses her and trying to figure out the right answer. She's resourceful, plucky, honest, loyal and other things that Baum thought embodid America.

The scarecrow who wants a brain is the American farmer striving for an education to improve his life. In the book, he's the most clever and resourceful one, with the point being that the American farmer doesn't need anyone else telling him what's best for him. Also in the book, he is put in charge of Oz.

The tin man searching for a heart is the manufacturing industry. In the book, the wicked witch had cursed his axe so that every time he swung it, he chopped off a body part and had slowly been replacing his limbs with tin ones. This represented the dehumanization of the manufacturing industry until it 'rusted to a stop' in the 1890s with a recession. The heart is the workers that were there all along that could easily put life back into the industry.

The cowardly lion is a subject of debate. To many, he represents many of the snivelling politicians who were scared away by opponents' money. Some, however, think it represents William Jennings Bryan, who made an unsuccessful bid for president in 1896. He was the Populist party's last bid for power, and also helped cause their absorption by the Democratic party, as he was a Democrat endorsed by the Populists. This parallel is also plausible as Bryan was said to have a bark worse than his bite, much like the lion's roar which hides the fact that he's afraid of everything. Also, the first thing he did in the book was strike the tin man, a futile gesture that didn't even dent him. In 1896, Bryan tried to win by reaching out to the voters in the manufacturing industry, but failed miserably.

Toto is supposedly an extension of Dorothy's character, and probably represents either the American conscience that drives us down the right path or that American mischeivousness that gets us into trouble. Toto cause Dorothy to be in the house when the storm hit. Toto revealed the wizard as a fraud, and Toto caused Dorothy to miss the balloon ride. However, there are many theories.

The yellow brick road is, of course, the gold standard, a road full of dangers and pitfalls that only leads to a place where everything is seen only in terms of money (green).

The ruby slippers were made of silver in the book and, of course, represent the silver standard that the American people had all along and was supposedly the tool to bring them home, out of this political mess.

Kansas was a much crapped upon state and a Populist stronghold in 1896, so it probably represented a simpler America, but one that was bleak and needed help.

The tornado was the coming storm in which every American was suddenly swept up into a torrent of political argument and debate over the issue of gold vs. silver.

The Emerald City represents Washington D.C., but the city is not Emerald, it is a dull gray. It appears green because everybody who comes in must put on a pair of green shaded glasses, representing the fact that Washington is a dull place, but everybody seems to think differently because they only look at it through a facade that makes it look like it's green, which is the color of money. It hearkens back to an editorial Baum wrote suggesting that farmers feed their animals sawdust and put green glasses on them to make them think it's feed.

The Wizard of Oz represents the president of the United States. In the book, he sees everybody individually, and appears differently to each one. This shows how the politicians put on a different facade for each person they see (sound familiar). The president of the time was Grover Cleveland, also known as "The Great Obstuctionist." In the book, the wizard doesn't have anything that the band needs, but instead of saying so, he sends them on a supposedly impossible mission to get rid of them.

The good witches of Oz come from the north and south, though only the one from the north appears in the book. The Midwest (north) and South were big Populist strongholds in 1896.

The Wicked Witch of the West is likely the harsh environment and drought the Great Plains farmers endured, as she is defeated by splashing water on her. The Wicked Witch of the East is thought to be either the rich bankers and executive, as her death frees all the 'little people.' Others think it was Grover Cleveland when the Democratic nomination of Bryan killed his political career.

Well, that went longer than expected, but here's a link to where I found the information I couldn't quite recall from my report on this subject.

http://www.turnmeondeadman.net/OZ/Dorothy.html

Dude, its a book. A book of fiction. Who cares what it means?

So what do all the sequels mean?

Dude, its a book. A book of fiction. Who cares what it means?

So what do all the sequels mean?

Never looked into the sequals, but the Wizard of Oz is a pretty good piece of history. It's not just fiction. It tells the story of the great political struggle of the late 19th century and the fall of a once popular political party.

Semper Fi said:
I tried it twice, and its quite the strech. :bsflag:

Then your timing is off. It's done to be amusing.. Not some serious thing to be overanalyzed by some kid trying to grow up too fast. :tng:

Shattered said:
Then your timing is off. It's done to be amusing.. Not some serious thing to be overanalyzed by some kid trying to grow up too fast. :tng:

Well see, your post is merely symbolic of how America's adults keep the chilren under wraps and shielded from the outside world, which is perfectly mirrored in the Wizard of Oz with Dorothy being a girl who gets way more than she bargained for. So what you are implying is by me simply, "growing up too fast," I will recieve much more than I bargained for, perhaps my own place over the rainbow, which, it turns out, to be exactly what I am bargaining for.

I remember hearing the "Wizard of Oz is a metaphor for the politics of 100 years ago" thing too. The yellow brick road is the gold standard, blah blah blah...and something about how the portrayal of Dorothy's three sidekicks is basically an insult: the author is saying that proponents of a gold standard are heartless (tin man) brainless (scarecrow) cowards (lion).

BaronVonBigmeat said:
I remember hearing the "Wizard of Oz is a metaphor for the politics of 100 years ago" thing too. The yellow brick road is the gold standard, blah blah blah...and something about how the portrayal of Dorothy's three sidekicks is basically an insult: the author is saying that proponents of a gold standard are heartless (tin man) brainless (scarecrow) cowards (lion).

I dont see how the hell everyone can find metaphores in the Wizard of Oz. I run with the best when it comes to finding symbolism, but TWoO??

Forum List

Back