Witness a young progressive as she wakes up to reality.

Looking at our debt, I would say taxation is a major issue with us on the right. This last spending bill had many of us outraged at what they allowed money to be spent on yet alone additional debt.

It will remain an obstacle until you figure out the "spending" in the spending bill is the problem.
It's not the taxes that are the problem with our debt.

Agreed. The only point I was making is that what they spend our taxes on should be an issue with the American public.

The only reason it is the perversion it is today ...
Is a result of issues the American public has attempted to correct beyond the actual enumerated powers identified in the Constitution.

Powers that refer to what the federal government can control ... And what Congress is actually authorized to levy taxes for.
There are no stipulations or enumerated powers that grant the federal government to authority to ever contribute to the personal aggrandizement of an individual.

What we have now is so far beyond the better plan we had on June 21, 1788 ...
We are never getting back to where we should be in government involvement or actual authorized spending.

The current "American Public" ... Is precisely why we never will as well.
The young lady in the OP has a long way to go before she can realize what the true intent was.

Your side will yawn and call it a Lie............even when it is proven beyond a shadow of a doubt..........The tactic covered by more LIes from a News Media whose story lines are decided by those who own the place................Objective News is no longer a concern..........To a point that the American people No Longer know who to trust anymore.........

Journalism is dead ... It's all editorial commentary now.

She needs to learn to trust no one.
More importantly to embrace her desire to engage her own ideas.

Looking at our debt, I would say taxation is a major issue with us on the right. This last spending bill had many of us outraged at what they allowed money to be spent on yet alone additional debt.

It will remain an obstacle until you figure out the "spending" in the spending bill is the problem.

Agreed. The only point I was making is that what they spend our taxes on should be an issue with the American public.

Is a result of issues the American public has attempted to correct beyond the actual enumerated powers identified in the Constitution.

Powers that refer to what the federal government can control ... And what Congress is actually authorized to levy taxes for.
There are no stipulations or enumerated powers that grant the federal government to authority to ever contribute to the personal aggrandizement of an individual.

We are never getting back to where we should be in government involvement or actual authorized spending.

The young lady in the OP has a long way to go before she can realize what the true intent was.

The Founding Fathers understood why the Central Government should never be allowed to have too much power. They understood because they studied history of other great powers and how they fell. Did they fall because of foreign powers or did they fall internally........

They knew that large Centralized Gov'ts tend to corrupt themselves for personal power, financial gain, and GREED. It is the very reason they Enumerated the Federal Gov'ts power. To try and prevent what we have become. To spend the people's money for political favors and financial gain. To be able to appropriate spending for ANYTHING they consider a worthy cause.......and that mentality has led to ENORMOUS DEBT that can never be repaid.........

Gov't was never supposed to pick the winners and losers in the country.........only to make sure the playing field was to be fair and allow the better to win or lose by their own means.............

In regards to the current debt.........the historical average of Federal Revenue is only 18% of the GDP while we spend 24% which is rapidly increasing.......Regardless of tax rates..........on this path we will eventually crash down to reality..........there is no stopping it now...............It's not a matter of IF but WHEN.............

And yet the beat goes on............

When you start to eat your own you lose your grip on those you wish to control.

Cool. She can spread her pro-choice, pro universal healthcare, and AGW beliefs among rightwing circles then. It's a good time for it, since conservatives are more open than ever to abandoning their pre-Trump principles and beliefs.

I agree, but the hypocrisy of this is hysterical. Leftists:

1) You're suddenly anti-tariffs after a lifetime of supporting tariffs

2) You're anti-Russia now after a lifetime of being Russia apologists. Though you flip on that under Trump too as you're an apologist how Russia isn't a threat buying big chunks of our uranium and you don't care when Russia helps the Democrats

3) You're suddenly against the ME Obama policies you supported

4) You're suddenly against Presidents who cheat on their wives after yelling under Clinton that his personal behavior didn't matter

5) Suddenly accusers are to believed while you blew off all Clinton's accusers

Then you come out that REPUBLICANS are flipping sides seeing nothing in yourself???

Classic (classically stupid) ...

Nicaragua is beginning to experience the same. Rioting has ensued over social security.
Another day of right vs left while the bulk of America's wealth is increasingly going to a handful of multi billionaires and corporations. I guess more than a few on this board dream of the good old days when the Rockefellers and Carnegies were screwing over the working class - 60+ hour work weeks, no safety inspections on jobs, Generals like McArthur having his troops shoot protesting veterans marching to get a bonus they fought and died for. And don't forget how wonderful life must of been before progressive policies like social security for the old age.

I bet, still a lefty.

Not sure if he changes his tune when he discovers that all that social security is taken from the souls of the children, to the tune of accrued liabilities of 150 trillion as of this moment.

Leftist policy always ends up in the eating of your own. In Venezuela they have lost so much weight over the last year, with family pets already in the menu. it's only a matter of moments now.

Ok I am off to dinner.

Heck, they actually had lived under it. They had personal experience.

The Founding Fathers understood why the Central Government should never be allowed to have too much power. They understood because they studied history of other great powers and how they fell. Did they fall because of foreign powers or did they fall internally........

They knew that large Centralized Gov'ts tend to corrupt themselves for personal power, financial gain, and GREED. It is the very reason they Enumerated the Federal Gov'ts power. To try and prevent what we have become. To spend the people's money for political favors and financial gain. To be able to appropriate spending for ANYTHING they consider a worthy cause.......and that mentality has led to ENORMOUS DEBT that can never be repaid.........

Gov't was never supposed to pick the winners and losers in the country.........only to make sure the playing field was to be fair and allow the better to win or lose by their own means.............

In regards to the current debt.........the historical average of Federal Revenue is only 18% of the GDP while we spend 24% which is rapidly increasing.......Regardless of tax rates..........on this path we will eventually crash down to reality..........there is no stopping it now...............It's not a matter of IF but WHEN.............

And yet the beat goes on............

This is what I call my raccoon theory.

You see a raccoon digging in your garbage can hoping to find something to eat, so you go inside the house and fetch that hambone you were going to throw away. The animal dines in delight. Now give it about 20 seconds and try to take that hambone back and see what happens to you.

Our politicians are quite aware of my theory, and that's why the left tries to promote more social programs. Once those programs are in place, it's impossible to get rid of them without taking the chance of your hand getting bit off.

You see a raccoon digging in your garbage can hoping to find something to eat, so you go inside the house and fetch that hambone you were going to throw away. The animal dines in delight. Now give it about 20 seconds and try to take that hambone back and see what happens to you.

Our politicians are quite aware of my theory, and that's why the left tries to promote more social programs. Once those programs are in place, it's impossible to get rid of them without taking the chance of your hand getting bit off.

That's a great story to emphasize the point. It's pathetic how people living on other people's money in this country no longer have any appreciation for it.

Though Democrats all know what they are doing, not just the politicians. They all push that what people are getting is what they are entitled to for living in this country, not a handout. They all argue that on this board all the time

Last edited:
Nicaragua is beginning to experience the same. Rioting has ensued over social security.
Another day of right vs left while the bulk of America's wealth is increasingly going to a handful of multi billionaires and corporations. I guess more than a few on this board dream of the good old days when the Rockefellers and Carnegies were screwing over the working class - 60+ hour work weeks, no safety inspections on jobs, Generals like McArthur having his troops shoot protesting veterans marching to get a bonus they fought and died for. And don't forget how wonderful life must of been before progressive policies like social security for the old age.

I bet, still a lefty.

Not sure if he changes his tune when he discovers that all that social security is taken from the souls of the children, to the tune of accrued liabilities of 150 trillion as of this moment.

Leftist policy always ends up in the eating of your own. In Venezuela they have lost so much weight over the last year, with family pets already in the menu. it's only a matter of moments now.

Ok I am off to dinner.
Reality has come home to dinner in that country.

Just as reality came to Greenland.

Just as reality came to Greece.

Just as reality came to Venezuala............

In Greece i'll never forget the old man who sat across the street from an ATM machine. No money and can't even buy food from the store.........Going what am I to do............Complete hopelessness.........crushed..........

Venezuela masses in the one of the largest lines I've ever seen to get food being given out on a bridge....Desperation and complete hopelessness.............Brings back images of the Great Depression..masses standing in line forever for a bowl of soup..............

REALITY has LEFT THE PLANET.............and Reality will be a GLOBAL RESET brought to you by the assholes who lined their own pockets as they took us down this path..........They will not see the hopelessness.....as they will be holding the cards when it all goes down...............and then spread the NEW LINE on how they are there to SAVE US ALL...........When they are the ones that caused it.................

Great Analogy ... :21:

But what the young lady in the Op suffers from is the endless division between the spectrums of opposing views inconsistent with Constitutional intent.

Take for instance positions in arguments I have seen offered by opposing parties.
Some on the right want to argue that only taxpayers should be allowed to vote.
While others on the left will jump up and down and suggest those on the right just want to keep some from voting.

Constitutional intent ...
There would be no need to stipulate the condition of "taxpayer" to anyone's right to vote ...
Because they never granted the federal government the authority to redistribute wealth nor allow an individual the ability to vote for their own aggrandizement.

The problem with the young lady is different (Canadian maybe).
The problem with the American public is they are attempting to use the federal government to fix problems ...
That would not be problems if the federal government had just left things the way they were supposed to be.

That's a great story to emphasize the point. It's pathetic how people living on other people's money in this country no longer have any appreciation for it.

Though Democrats all know what they are doing, not just the politicians. They all push that what people are getting what they are entitled to for living in this country, not a handout

They know what they are doing alright. Once you give people something, in their minds it rightfully belongs to them without questioning who is paying for it.

I remember back in the welfare reform days, they stopped sending welfare checks to the home. You had to go there and pick up your check personally. The welfare people thought that was the end of the world. How dare you tell me I have to find a way to the welfare office and pick up my money from taxpayers!

Around that time France was trying to curb their welfare down a bit. The way I understand it, the French government would have movie tickets as part of their welfare benefits. After all, if you weren't working, you had to do something with your time!

So when they stopped providing movie tickets, these people were out in the street protesting. Those movie tickets were rightfully theirs, and nobody including the government had the right to take those away.

It's called growing up. She's just getting started on her rejection of the left.

Sometimes they need help learning to fly.

kicked_out.jpg

Proud liberal (REAL liberal), former Young Turks member, married gay man Dave Rubin, one of the strongest voices against the Regressive Left (a term he champions, it's where I found it!), explains why he no longer wants to be associated with the Regressives:

Nailed it:

"This isn't a recipe for a free society. It's a recipe for authoritarianism."

Anyone with a casual understanding of 20th century history knows this. But this is why the leftist indoctrination centers, formally known as schools, stopped teaching history.

And she'll have to do that reading on her own. It's no longer presented at the indoctrination centers.

New Topics

Forum List

Back