"Witness 10" corroborates Darren Wilson's version of how he shot Michael Brown

TonyStark

Rookie
Nov 22, 2014
Witness 10 is (I think) a black guy who is probably the best eyewitness to the shooting. Both he and Wilson share pretty much the same version of events. In short, there was a struggle and gunshot in Wilson's vehicle, Wilson pursued Brown, Brown reached towards his waistband and charges towards Wilson. At which point Wilson fires his weapon. He keeps firing as Brown keeps charging closer, until Brown falls to the ground.

Witness 10 is clear that at no point were Brown's hands up.

Witness 10 also expresses his opinion that Wilson was justified. And that he came forward 2 days later because of the shitstorm that was brewing with people saying things that we knew weren't true. That this was not a case of police corruption and he felt people should know the truth.

This is his police interview from August 11:
Interview Witness 10

Witness 10 testified in front of the grand jury. His story didn't change from what I can tell. Starts at page 150: Grand Jury Volume 06

The following is a transcript of Wilson being question by an investigator on August 10 day:Interview PO Darren Wilson

Last edited:
Witness 10 is (I think) a black guy who is probably the best eyewitness to the shooting. Both he and Wilson share pretty much the same version of events. In short, there was a struggle and gunshot in Wilson's vehicle, Wilson pursued Brown, Brown reached towards his waistband and charges towards Wilson. At which point Wilson fires his weapon. He keeps firing as Brown keeps charging closer, until Brown falls to the ground.

Witness 10 is clear that at no point were Brown's hands up.

Witness 10 also expresses his opinion that Wilson was justified. And that he came forward 2 days later because of the shitstorm that was brewing with people saying things that we knew weren't true. That this was not a case of police corruption and he felt people should know the truth.

This is his police interview from August 11
http://www.documentcloud.org/documents/1371015-interview-witness-10.html

Witness 10 testified in front of the grand jury. His story didn't change from what I can tell. Starts at page 150: Grand Jury Volume 06

The following is a transcript of Wilson being question by an investigator on August 10 day:Interview PO Darren Wilson
There is no document at this URL. Try checking for typos in the URL or searching our public catalog.

Forum List

Back