Without the United States, what would the world look like?

The raw data is adjusted to compensate for a variety of variables so as to provide an even baseline for comparison.

I question the methods used for this adjustment. I've seen the leaked source code of the fortran routines - quite amateur work with no statistical methodology.

1) How much data is collected like this?
2) How much of it have you seen?
3) How many climotologists use this method?

The raw data is adjusted to compensate for a variety of variables so as to provide an even baseline for comparison.

I question the methods used for this adjustment. I've seen the leaked source code of the fortran routines - quite amateur work with no statistical methodology.

1. All of it
2. A small snippet
3. I don't know

Let's also remember that a major contingent of the data is surface stations, many of which are out of compliance of the very standards the climatologists claim they have implemented.

Surface Stations Survey

Watts_fig23.png

Most of the 78% of the stations surveyed are out of compliance. But the data was still used in the IPCC reports.

1. All of it
2. A small snippet
3. I don't know

Let's also remember that a major contingent of the data is surface stations, many of which are out of compliance of the very standards the climatologists claim they have implemented.

Surface Stations Survey

Watts_fig23.png

Most of the 78% of the stations surveyed are out of compliance. But the data was still used in the IPCC reports.

Is the USCHN a govt body? And do they only rate US stations?

1. All of it
2. A small snippet
3. I don't know

Surface Stations Survey

Watts_fig23.png

Is the USCHN a govt body? And do they only rate US stations?
what? now we're only going to allow government bodies to be legitimate? The group has discovered that almost every single surface station in the US is off by significant margins, and we're going to gripe on who discovered it?

Bad tools give bad data. I learned that in high school chemistry, and it is a universal truth throughout all science.

Or as the layman knows it: Garbage In Garbage Out.

And Anthropogenic Global Climate Change is oh so much garbage.

what? now we're only going to allow government bodies to be legitimate? The group has discovered that almost every single surface station in the US is off by significant margins, and we're going to gripe on who discovered it?

Bad tools give bad data. I learned that in high school chemistry, and it is a universal truth throughout all science.

Or as the layman knows it: Garbage In Garbage Out.

And Anthropogenic Global Climate Change is oh so much garbage.

Well, like you (I hope), I like to know all the facts.

Who is this 'group'. When did they discover these discrepancies? What is their background? Are they an unbiased think tank? They could be on the money, but I have no idea who they are, or what exactly, they have discovered (or haven't). And as far as I can work out they're only talking about data in the US. Last time I looked the US took up a very small part of the planet....

Forum List

Back