Without education, what kind of jobs will be available to young Americans?

R

rdean

Some in this country are fighting education. Especially science. Without an education, what kind of jobs will be available? Or don't people care?

You can't buy your way out of dumb, RDean, no matter how much money is thrown at you.

School districts had total expenditures of approximately $596.6 billion in 2007–08, including about $506.8 billion in current expenditures for public elementary and secondary education. Of the remaining expenditures, nearly $65.8 billion was spent on capital outlay, almost $15.7 billion on interest payments on debt, and $8.3 billion on other programs (including programs such as community services and adult education, which are not a part of public elementary and secondary education).

After adjustment for inflation, current expenditures per student in fall enrollment at public schools rose during the 1980s, remained stable during the first part of the 1990s, and rose again after 1992–93. There was an increase of 37 percent from 1980–81 to 1990–91; a change of less than 1 percent from 1990–91 to 1994–95 (which resulted from small decreases at the beginning of this period, followed by small increases after 1992–93); and an increase of 32 percent from 1994–95 to 2007–08. In 2007–08, current expenditures per student in fall enrollment were $10,297 in unadjusted dollars. In 2007–08, some 55 percent of students in public schools were transported at public expense at a cost of $854 per pupil transported, also in unadjusted dollars.

Money doesn't seem to be working.

Start with teaching your children some values at home

Some in this country are fighting education. Especially science. Without an education, what kind of jobs will be available? Or don't people care?

who is fighting education?
Who is fighting science?

Or are you falling for the rhetoric.

yeah...thats it...you are one of those easily duped by rhetoric.

I think Warrior is a auto response bot. No matter the topic he'll reply the same way

Who is fighting science?

Only 6% of scientists are Republicans. Fact!

I think Warrior is a auto response bot. No matter the topic he'll reply the same way

You can't buy your way out of dumb, RDean, no matter how much money is thrown at you.

School districts had total expenditures of approximately $596.6 billion in 2007–08, including about $506.8 billion in current expenditures for public elementary and secondary education. Of the remaining expenditures, nearly $65.8 billion was spent on capital outlay, almost $15.7 billion on interest payments on debt, and $8.3 billion on other programs (including programs such as community services and adult education, which are not a part of public elementary and secondary education).

After adjustment for inflation, current expenditures per student in fall enrollment at public schools rose during the 1980s, remained stable during the first part of the 1990s, and rose again after 1992–93. There was an increase of 37 percent from 1980–81 to 1990–91; a change of less than 1 percent from 1990–91 to 1994–95 (which resulted from small decreases at the beginning of this period, followed by small increases after 1992–93); and an increase of 32 percent from 1994–95 to 2007–08. In 2007–08, current expenditures per student in fall enrollment were $10,297 in unadjusted dollars. In 2007–08, some 55 percent of students in public schools were transported at public expense at a cost of $854 per pupil transported, also in unadjusted dollars.

Money doesn't seem to be working.

Start with teaching your children some values at home

Who is fighting science?

Only 6% of scientists are Republicans. Fact!

so if you believe in smaller government and personal responsibility, then you dont believe in science?

his response was informative and directly addresses the topic at hand.
Why do you dismiss it with criticism and without debate?

Uh, wheres the part where he talks about what jobs would be available? All I see is talk about another topic not brought up by the OP.

his response was informative and directly addresses the topic at hand.
Why do you dismiss it with criticism and without debate?

Uh, wheres the part where he talks about what jobs would be available? All I see is talk about another topic not brought up by the OP.

Oh. Sorry. I thought you had the ability to comprehend what people are saying. I did not know you see things as black and white.

So in an effort to assist you, let me explain..

rdean asked the question based on the fact that some people want to cut spending on education. I see why you misunderstood...seeing as no one wants to eliminate spending on education, just cut the spending....

But anyway....in response to that claim, Warrior explained why some feel the need to cut spending on education.

So again, to those of us that 8understand why people ask questions, Warrior answered with a very informative and accurate response.

I hope that helps.

rdean asked the question based on the fact that some people want to cut spending on education.

Uhm, if he wanted to ask about cuts in spending for education, I think he would have asked about cuts in spending for education. There are many in this country waging a war on Education as a concept, and Science in particular. Trying to re-write history text books or trying to force Intelligent Design into schools as hard science, has nothing to do with spending cuts.

So why do it?

Why are you guys falling into this diversion?

This has nothing to do with anything that's currently going on. It's obvious that dean can't wrap is little mind around real issues.

rdean asked the question based on the fact that some people want to cut spending on education.

Uhm, if he wanted to ask about cuts in spending for education, I think he would have asked about cuts in spending for education. There are many in this country waging a war on Education as a concept, and Science in particular. Trying to re-write history text books or trying to force Intelligent Design into schools as hard science, has nothing to do with spending cuts.

So why do it?

there are many?

I dont think many.

As a mater of fact, so few that it is not even on the radar as a news topic.

I did not realize that rdean wants to address the few that have no impact on any of us.

Especially with so many more pressing issues.

Why are you guys falling into this diversion?

This has nothing to do with anything that's currently going on. It's obvious that dean can't wrap is little mind around real issues.

A question about jobs and what jobs will be available in the future and you think that has nothing to do with what's currently going on?

Wow.

Forum List

Back