Without Bush, media lose interest in war caskets

Without Bush, media lose interest in war caskets | Washington Examiner

Read more at link.

The excuses include, "Well, TV crews are expensive. Overtime, travel..." But that didn't stop the initial fervor to have casket video reports.

Now apparently, with Obama in office, there's not the same zeal to show war casualties in flag draped coffins. Almost like it's not cool anymore.

Wonder why?

This is just a stab from the media perspective, but when stuff is reported, one of the things that makes it newsworthy is rarity. I'm not talking about the casualty but the ability to view that casket and photograph it for the masses. It was banned since the Persian Gulf War, but now that it's accessible, we took photos until it became repetitive. Seeing the same image over and over isn't going to sell a newspaper.

I know this doesn't fit into your argument that they're trying to sell a Democratic administration to the public, but I find my explanation a lot more practical.

Bullshit.....they sold papers because people like you liked seeing dead American soldiers returning home so you could use it as a tool to attack a very popular President.

Do you always assume you know who the fuck you're addressing? Find a single post where I said we needed to show these caskets.

The rest of your post is nothing but the same talking points I've heard back in 2004 back when we were still trying to figure out where the WMDs were.

Last edited:
All wars are the same....
The first few casualties to come home get front page coverage. Once a war drags onr, the returning caskets no longer are a unique story. Did you really expect returning caskets to be front page news for seven straight years??

I'm not surprised at all. To quote a liberal acquaintance of mine, "We're not interested in the wars anymore". She was deadly serious.

And the fact that she didn't even think about how that sounded before saying it is not surprising.

The feigned concern for the troops was just a campaign tool.

I speak for myself but the longer we sit in Iraq the more inclined I am to sit on my hands in 2012 instead of pushing the button for Obama again.

I'm not surprised at all. To quote a liberal acquaintance of mine, "We're not interested in the wars anymore". She was deadly serious.

And the fact that she didn't even think about how that sounded before saying it is not surprising.

The feigned concern for the troops was just a campaign tool.

I speak for myself but the longer we sit in Iraq the more inclined I am to sit on my hands in 2012 instead of pushing the button for Obama again.
Yes, not all feign concern. Thanks for demonstrating that.

No one with even a shred of common sense trusts the corrupt Liberal Media at this point. Five more of our kids were slaughtered in Afghanistan yesterday yet you hardly hear a peep out of the Obama-Run Mainstream Media. It really is a shame. These are the same Liberal dolts who used to jump for joy wetting their panties with excitement every time one of our kids was killed in Iraq or Afghanistan. Where are these people now? Why so quiet? My God,our President talks with the General in charge of Afghanistan only once? Where's all that Media outrage? I'm sure if he had an (R) by his name their reaction would be much different. Ole Wolfy Blitzer would be up on his high horse every day chastising that Republican for incompetence & neglect. This President has failed our kids miserably in Afghanistan and it really is sad. This President just doesn't care about our kids over there and is not fully committed to winning so it is now time to bring our kids home. Our kids deserve better than this Mr. President. :(

"With U.S. casualties mounting,the debate over U.S. policy in Afghanistan is sharp and heated. The number of arrivals at Dover is increasing. But the journalists who once clamored to show the true cost of War are nowhere to be found."

Pretty sad stuff but certainly not surprising coming from the corrupt Liberal Press in this country. They only cared about our kids dying in Wars when they were trying to grab that power back. Now they have that power so now these same preachy Liberals are nowhere to be found. I always said that the Liberal screeching about photographing our dead kids was all shallow political B.S. Sadly i was and still am right.

I think they should report on and show all of them...always, when in war.... a shame that this has slacked off....out of site out of mind and these guys don't deserve the out of mind...by the rest of America

Rut Ro! Looks like dead kids are no longer fun to photograph for the Hopey Changey Sheep. My gawd,Liberals are such frauds. :(

American history will always note that Bush let Osama slip away at the moment he had a real chance to catch and kill him.

624-7.jpg

Come on people,pretending to care about our dying kids is sooo 2008. Unfortunately that really does sum up the shallow Democrats on this issue. It was always all about the politics for them. Where are they now? Now that they have the power they just don't seem to have the time or feel the need to pretend they care about our kids in the military anymore. Shame on them. :(

With Obama in the media doesn't want to show the ugly stuff, just when you have a republican in office does that happen. Afghanistan is getting awful messy right now with the general on the ground stating that we will lose this war in a years time if he does not get an additional 40,000 troops. Our commander in chief is now jetting to copenhagen with his chicago gang to promote chicago for the olympics. Boy, I bet the bad guys are just shaking in their boots at the thought of him doing anything.lol

I think they should report on and show all of them...always, when in war.... a shame that this has slacked off....out of site out of mind and these guys don't deserve the out of mind...by the rest of America
:clap2::clap2:

First thing that you ever said that I agree with, and to think it comes right out of a liberal's mind is down right shocking.

maybe, by playing good guy, bad guy...between the general and obama...is JUST what they both want to play...?

meaning, this is suppose to be a NATO mission, maybe it is time for NATO to put up the 40,000 additions needed? After all, it is them, for the most part, that benefits most from a secure Afghanistan...they are closer?

Forum List

Back