Without a clue

c.inquisition

Rookie
Aug 2, 2005
Philadelphia
From the Philadelphia Inquirer:

"Killing the innocent

Re: "Bombers' motives," letter, July 26:

The writer says there "can be no justifiable motives for killing innocent civilians." How then do we justify the 24,865 civilians (according to Iraqbodycount.net) killed in Iraq since the beginning of the conflict? U.S.-led forces killed 37 percent of these victims; 9 percent were killed by insurgent forces and the balance by criminal violence spawned by the invasion. Additionally, over 42,000 civilians have been wounded, 42 percent of them during the invasion phase. On average, 34 ordinary Iraqis have met violent deaths every day since the March 2003 invasion.

What are the bombers' motives? Islam simply provides an ideological framework from which these "terrorists" can justify and rationalize their actions. Until we mitigate the root causes for these desperate acts by confronting the concerns of the people in these Islamic countries, the killings will continue. The answer lies in dialogue, which the British Muslim leaders propose, not through continued violence and demonizing those who are responsible." http://www.philly.com/mld/inquirer/news/editorial/12297235.htm

I love the way some people will take any old stat and use it as though it is gospel truth when it supports their belief. One other thing - the root cause of terrorism is a fundamental acceptance of evil as a perfectly reasonable way to forward one's agenda. The only way to alter that is to make the person using evil realize that the end result of his action is both futile and lethal.

I think our armed forces are doing that fairly well.

Well thats why the Inquirer IMO is no better then the ENquirer. At least the later is entertaining some what.

BTW, try to separate your writing and the paragraphs writing to make it easier to read. Not a complaint. Just a criticisim to make it easier on people to read. As it sits in this thread i thought it was all the story. ;)

insein said:
Well thats why the Inquirer IMO is no better then the ENquirer. At least the later is entertaining some what.

BTW, try to separate your writing and the paragraphs writing to make it easier to read. Not a complaint. Just a criticisim to make it easier on people to read. As it sits in this thread i thought it was all the story. ;)

For the heads up :blowup:

Forum List

Back