With US youth losing religion, evangelicals struggle to spread ‘good news’

My grandmother taught me about Christ and being Christlike. The Bible is half full of Old Testament old Jewish law. A lot of it is fantastic instruction for youth and a lot of it is nonsense.

I know preachers need to also make a good living but at our local denominational church when youth see the pastor getting paid $140K a year with a house provided and 4 weeks vacation a year, 2 million dollar mortgage on the new church and $240,000 spent on stained glass windows it sort of turns them off of Pay to Pray.

I don't know of any pastor making that kind of money, but there are certainly churches that don't have their priorities straight with what they do with the money they bring in, I can agree with that. That's why home churches are starting to become more popular these days. But churches are filled with people, and run by people, so they're not going to be flawless or without sin.

So how did Noah get kangaroos from Australia and back again?
well that works.....if you can't answer the question you can always fall back on your stupidity.....
Says the P(i)MP who couldn't answer the question. :lol:

so what?

your question falsely assumes kangaroos were in Australia to begin with.

it's also completely irrelevant to the veracity of the bible. It's quite easy for early inhabitants to transport animals to a variety of places. As there is no specifics in the scriptures it's just pure speculation.

you are trying to use an argument from silence to prove your case. Any logic 101 class would show you why that thinking is flawed.

a real question you should ask is why does the concept of the global flood show up in cultures from all around the world?

the Greeks may be explainable. They are near the middle east, but why do native Americans have flood myths?
So you're saying that roos don't come from Oz. :lol: So how did they get there from the ark? Pacific ocean and all.

no I'm saying you haven't bothered to think out the question and that even if it wasn't ignorant it is irrelevant to the argument you are trying to use it for.

see if you actually thought about it you'd realize we don't know where the ark started from. For all we know Noah could have started in Australia. We don't know.

what we do know is that a global flood was taught as history on different sides of the globe.

M. D., we have been through this before and then you ran away for a long time.

Biblical literalism is heresy (error), and if pursued anxiously leads to apostasy.

Modern day Pharisee-ism of the evangelicals, fundamentalists, and Pentecostals has created a closed world of "believers" obsessed about outward dogma and religious exercises that substitutes for placing one's salvation in the absolute confidence of God and His revelation to each one of us alone: it's between Him and me. The Bible will save no one.

The Bible will save no one? Wow, that's a pretty strong statement, the only one I've ever seen you make on this board. At least you've finally revealed your stance on Christianity. What mainstream Christian denomination believes that the Bible is irrelevant for a Christian? Where else does a Christian learn of Christ and His salvation if not from the Bible? I know you won't answer, but your non answer really is an answer, perhaps you just don't realize that it exposes you and always has? lol

Newby, you are a pretender, a poser when it comes to Christianity.

My salvation comes through the suffering, crucifixion, and triumph of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. I call him 'Lord' and he calls me by my first name. Newby, the Bible will not save you; only Jesus can do that. Your fixation as a modern-day Pharisee leaves you Saul and he held the coats of those who stoned Stephen. You have time left. Use it wisely.

well that works.....if you can't answer the question you can always fall back on your stupidity.....

so what?

it's also completely irrelevant to the veracity of the bible. It's quite easy for early inhabitants to transport animals to a variety of places. As there is no specifics in the scriptures it's just pure speculation.

you are trying to use an argument from silence to prove your case. Any logic 101 class would show you why that thinking is flawed.

a real question you should ask is why does the concept of the global flood show up in cultures from all around the world?

the Greeks may be explainable. They are near the middle east, but why do native Americans have flood myths?
So you're saying that roos don't come from Oz. :lol: So how did they get there from the ark? Pacific ocean and all.

no I'm saying you haven't bothered to think out the question and that even if it wasn't ignorant it is irrelevant to the argument you are trying to use it for.

see if you actually thought about it you'd realize we don't know where the ark started from. For all we know Noah could have started in Australia. We don't know.

what we do know is that a global flood was taught as history on different sides of the globe.
Wherever Noah started from, there had to be plenty of animals that had to come from the other side of the world. Please explain.

Is there geological proof of a world wide flood? Dated when?

Immense floods locally were taught as "globally", Avatar4321. Read the myths and literature appropriately, and you can tell the flood motif was common to various parts of the world's history

Example: the geographic history of the Rio Virgen and Santa Clara rivers in southwest Utah have had many savage floods from the Pine Valley Mountains and the Leeds area over the millennia.

The local First People inhabitants saw the floods as "global" for it was their world that was devastated.

M. D., we have been through this before and then you ran away for a long time.

Biblical literalism is heresy (error), and if pursued anxiously leads to apostasy.

Modern day Pharisee-ism of the evangelicals, fundamentalists, and Pentecostals has created a closed world of "believers" obsessed about outward dogma and religious exercises that substitutes for placing one's salvation in the absolute confidence of God and His revelation to each one of us alone: it's between Him and me. The Bible will save no one.

The Bible will save no one? Wow, that's a pretty strong statement, the only one I've ever seen you make on this board. At least you've finally revealed your stance on Christianity. What mainstream Christian denomination believes that the Bible is irrelevant for a Christian? Where else does a Christian learn of Christ and His salvation if not from the Bible? I know you won't answer, but your non answer really is an answer, perhaps you just don't realize that it exposes you and always has? lol

Newby, you are a pretender, a poser when it comes to Christianity.

My salvation comes through the suffering, crucifixion, and triumph of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. I call him 'Lord' and he calls me by my first name. Newby, the Bible will not save you; only Jesus can do that. Your fixation as a modern-day Pharisee leaves you Saul and he held the coats of those who stoned Stephen. You have time left. Use it wisely.

Keep your condescending bullshit to yourself please, it shows you for the fool you are.

How would you know about Jesus Christ and His salvation if not for the Bible? You forgot to answer that part, what a surprise! Your comment did not say that 'reading the Bible will save no one', it said 'The Bible will save no one', which indicates that it is invalid and useless and no point in having one or reading it. Anyone can read it and not be saved, but no one can be saved without reading it and understanding it.

Newby, the condescender, whines when he gets his condescending rhetorical teeth kicked down his throat. Jesus comes as Jesus will, through a book or many books or a witness or many witnesses or a light on the road to Damascus, or whatever. It will not be limited to the inside of a Pharisee fence erected by modern-day Pharisees like Newby.

Newby, and other Christian heretics who preach salvation is impossible without the Bible, forgets that the book was not accepted in its parts for centuries after the death of Christ.

All who listen to the Newbys are in peril of not finding the Jesus Christ who loves them.

Newby, the condescender, whines when he gets his condescending rhetorical teeth kicked down his throat. Jesus comes as Jesus will, through a book or many books or a witness or many witnesses or a light on the road to Damascus, or whatever. It will not be limited to the inside of a Pharisee fence erected by modern-day Pharisees like Newby.

Newby, and other Christian heretics who preach salvation is impossible without the Bible, forgets that the book was not accepted in its parts for centuries after the death of Christ.

All who listen to the Newbys are in peril of not finding the Jesus Christ who loves them.

You 'kicked my teeth down my throat', did you? You're such an idiot, Jake... lol

So your 'mainstream' Christian church thinks it can ignore the Bible, eh? Explains a lot about your whacko liberal views!

so what?

That's not true at all. Most societies had flood tales but there's nothing to indicate that they were tales of a global flood. And they certainly weren't connected to the Noah fable.

Many of the tales pre-date the biblical fable lending credence to the proposal the the biblical flood tale derived from earlier tales.

http://www.talkorigins.org/pdf/flood-myths.pdf

Many of the tales pre-date the biblical fable
don't they all date back to the day the last survivor stepped off the boat?......
Actually, no. As opposed to your belief in a 6,000 year old planet, your Ark tales are a bust.
/yawn.....and yet we both know I have no such belief.....don't you regret wasting our time with that silly post?.......you could have said something worth reading instead.......

Many of the tales pre-date the biblical fable
don't they all date back to the day the last survivor stepped off the boat?......
Actually, no. As opposed to your belief in a 6,000 year old planet, your Ark tales are a bust.
/yawn.....and yet we both know I have no such belief.....don't you regret wasting our time with that silly post?.......you could have said something worth reading instead.......
There's no need to retreat from embracing your YEC'ist beliefs. Try to be honest about something, anything.

So, tell us about a 600 year old Noah.

A Jehovah's Witness knocked at my door today and asked me if I believe Jesus actually brought anyone back from the dead.

I told her "Yes, believe that Jesus was indeed a Necromancer".

She made an extremely strange face and we proceeded to have an interesting talk about religion.

I honestly don't mind them. I like talking about religion, especially when there isn't a great deal of hate coming from the other side. They saw the paintings I did of nude Demons and Angels hanging on the walls, and claimed that they thought they were "masterful" and "beautiful", and encouraged me to continue performing the "Work of God".

So Jesus had access to the Necronomicon. Does that mean Army of Darkness is a parable? A lost Gospel of Jesus Christ in the form of Ash?

Hail to the King of Kings, baby.

New Topics

Forum List

Back