With trillions in debt and average quality of life going down, why should we be helping others?

WTF? How are we still trillions in debt. In 2016 candidate Trump said he could completely pay off the national debt in 8 years. How is the debt still going up?

After 8 years of Obama we should be used to unfulfilled campaign promises.

The deficits under Obama went down year after year for each of his 8 years.

Deficits under Trump have been going up year after year.
If Trump serves the entire 8 years playing golf at the rate he plays, he will play 8 times more than Obama and spent over 600 million in tax payer money.

So why would he care what happens to the country or the middle class? Doesn't make any sense. Neither Trump nor the Republicans give a flying fart as to what happens to the American Middle class, much less the poor. I suspect the more honest of the GOP among the USMB will agree.

800px-Defense_spending.png
trumpdiscpie_large.png
20180126_budget.jpg
main-qimg-935e91d6a034d7453d60820f191c86b7-c

Downsizing the military is obvious. We overspend, a lot, and there really isn't a sane justification for it. I think we need to attack wasteful spending on all fronts. The amount we give away to other countries is more than the amount we spend on science according to your pie graph.

damn straight.I have hopes that Trump is the first president though since Kennedy who wil fix America FIRST before worrying about the other countries.we shall see.

If you were having serious financial problems in your life would you be giving much money to charity? Why do we need to give away many billions a year to other countries? Why do we need to accept desperate immigrants that take jobs and often times use some form of welfare? Can we focus on getting the United States back on track before we try to save the world? Maybe I'll start to see costly humanitarian efforts a little differently when the debt is falling and there aren't roads and bridges in disrepair all over the country, or when we can afford to take care of our veterans.

What’s wrong with our veterans ?

If you were having serious financial problems in your life would you be giving much money to charity? Why do we need to give away many billions a year to other countries? Why do we need to accept desperate immigrants that take jobs and often times use some form of welfare? Can we focus on getting the United States back on track before we try to save the world? Maybe I'll start to see costly humanitarian efforts a little differently when the debt is falling and there aren't roads and bridges in disrepair all over the country, or when we can afford to take care of our veterans.
Being Ignorant of Deficiencies at Home Is the Mindset of the Gated Communities

Your key mistake is saying "before we try to save the world." Unless you want to get trapped into eventual giveaways, it should be, "and never try to save worthless foreign parasites, even if we solve every single one of our problems at home." The same trap applies to America First, which should be First and Only Ever.

New Topics

Forum List

Back