With less than two months I'm calling it: Obama to win Re-election

Inthemiddle

Rookie
Oct 4, 2011
The campaign has been going on for a while now, and I've been up in the air with whom I thought might come out on top. But at this point, I'm feeling like there's now little doubt in my mind that Obama is going to win re-election. There's alot of things that have brought me to this conclusion, but mainly it's my assessment of each person's skills as a candidate and how they've fared up to this point. So far, Obama seems to have the edge in a tight race. This is, in my opinion, a kiss of death of Romney. Obama has a great many things on which he could be attacked, but Romney has failed to capitalize and failed to attack well. As has been said by many for some time, it's Romney's election to lose. And he's failed to make a strong showing at any point in the campaign.

At this point, there's only one major event left before the election, and that's the debates. This is going to seal the deal for Obama. Romney is not a charismatic debater. Obama, on the other hand, is very charismatic. Romney does not understand that when debating in a campaign it's not enough to simply make people agree with you. You have to move people. And Obama has the ability to move people. Obama will come out of the debates with a clear lead, and Romney has not demonstrated the ability to actually build his candidacy up. The most he's ever been able to do is try to hole Obama down. He doesn't strive to win, he strives to not lose, and there is a huge, and fatal, difference.

Some people here like to think that the incumbent rule will cause an eleventh hour bump in Romney's favor. I discount this possibility. As a matter of human nature the incumbent rule tends to not apply to lop level executive offices. In 2004, voters showed that they preferred the devil they did know instead of the devil they didn't know. That same year Parliament elections in Canada reflected the same thing, when Prime Minister Paul Martin's unpopular liberal party maintained control and came out better than polling would have suggested. The overall trend in modern American Presidential politics is to favor incumbents, even weak incumbents, unless they are faced with a substantially powerful candidate. Thus, it took a Bill Clinton to defeat President Bush. It took a Ronald Reagan to defeat President Carter, etc. The incumbent rule will not benefit Romney.

Romney has become the GOP's version of John Kerry, and his Presidential aspirations will be no more successful. While I would have hoped that the GOP would have learned from 2004 that the "anybody but ...." campaign strategy is not effective, and I expect to see that demonstrated in November.

Romney-toast.jpg

Regards from Rosie

The thing is that so far Obama has maintained a small but measurable lead since the beginning with only a short time when that changed. I suspect most people in this country that are going to vote know how they are going to vote already. The undecided voters are so few and far between than what the polls have shown for a long while now will probably remain true for the election - Obama will win by about 3-4% of the vote

The campaign has been going on for a while now, and I've been up in the air with whom I thought might come out on top. But at this point, I'm feeling like there's now little doubt in my mind that Obama is going to win re-election. There's alot of things that have brought me to this conclusion, but mainly it's my assessment of each person's skills as a candidate and how they've fared up to this point. So far, Obama seems to have the edge in a tight race. This is, in my opinion, a kiss of death of Romney. Obama has a great many things on which he could be attacked, but Romney has failed to capitalize and failed to attack well. As has been said by many for some time, it's Romney's election to lose. And he's failed to make a strong showing at any point in the campaign.

At this point, there's only one major event left before the election, and that's the debates. This is going to seal the deal for Obama. Romney is not a charismatic debater. Obama, on the other hand, is very charismatic. Romney does not understand that when debating in a campaign it's not enough to simply make people agree with you. You have to move people. And Obama has the ability to move people. Obama will come out of the debates with a clear lead, and Romney has not demonstrated the ability to actually build his candidacy up. The most he's ever been able to do is try to hole Obama down. He doesn't strive to win, he strives to not lose, and there is a huge, and fatal, difference.

Some people here like to think that the incumbent rule will cause an eleventh hour bump in Romney's favor. I discount this possibility. As a matter of human nature the incumbent rule tends to not apply to lop level executive offices. In 2004, voters showed that they preferred the devil they did know instead of the devil they didn't know. That same year Parliament elections in Canada reflected the same thing, when Prime Minister Paul Martin's unpopular liberal party maintained control and came out better than polling would have suggested. The overall trend in modern American Presidential politics is to favor incumbents, even weak incumbents, unless they are faced with a substantially powerful candidate. Thus, it took a Bill Clinton to defeat President Bush. It took a Ronald Reagan to defeat President Carter, etc. The incumbent rule will not benefit Romney.

Romney has become the GOP's version of John Kerry, and his Presidential aspirations will be no more successful. While I would have hoped that the GOP would have learned from 2004 that the "anybody but ...." campaign strategy is not effective, and I expect to see that demonstrated in November.

Either way crow will be served......Sharpen your cutlery..:badgrin:

Romney is cruising along with about a 5-6% cushion right now, factoring in the Bradley Effect - which is where a white person feels guilty telling a pollster they won't be voting for the failed black guy again.

LOL

Romney is cruising along with about a 5-6% cushion right now, factoring in the Bradley Effect - which is where a white person feels guilty telling a pollster they won't be voting for the failed black guy again.

LOL

There is no such thing as the Bradley Effect.

LOL

Where was the Bradley Effect in 2008?

Yeah, the electoral math just isn't there for Romney. I'll call it now too. Barring a complete collapse, Obama wins.

That begs the real question, how the hell did it end up like this? Romney is a well funded smart candidate and Obama isn't exactly a super successful President. Why is it that Romney seems pretty well destined to lose? This should have been a walk for the GOP, instead it's crawl towards defeat.

obama might well win. If he does, we must find methods to stop what he wants to do.

Libtards are shitting themselves, screaming at the top of their lungs that they have won - with polls showing Romney winning in the swing states and almost 2 months to go.

LOL

I truly hope you are wrong about Obama winning re-election. I can't believe the American public could be so stupid as to re-elect him. However, nothing would surprise me.

I called it for Romney last November. And I wasnt even sure I was going to support Romney in the primary then.

With the administrations attempt to cover up the Libya attack, and additional downgrading, and the continuing problems our nation is facing, Romney will win easily.

Romney is a good man. Contrast that with Obama. Obama is a man who wont even help his own brother.

I truly hope you are wrong about Obama winning re-election. I can't believe the American public could be so stupid as to re-elect him. However, nothing would surprise me.

I think we could survive another four years with Obama as President. I just dont think we can survive another four years as a nation who would vote for Obama as President.

Yeah, Romney was a very weak candidate. I don't pretend to be able to predict elections but I feel mostly how I did about McCain VS Obama, and that is Obama is gonna win. This should have been easy but the Republican party has shifted so far left with who they elect that the energy no longer exists for their base. Not to mention the Republican party has been driving out conservatives by the millions, hell Gary Johnson is polling 4-5% as of today and will be on the ballot, that could very well destroy any chance Mitt had.

The question is, will the GOP continue to push hard left and force conservatives out of their party in the future. At this point I feel the Presidential election is all that people see like this, the Congress/Senate is much more personal and you can actually get conservatives in there, few, but some.

I find it fascinating that republicans on these boards and even main stream elected republicans in the GOP are so vocal about pushing the libertarian/ Ron Paul people out of the party… It’s like weird to watch people claim the libertarian branch of the party is too small to mater yet everyone knows it’s the fastest growing party in America and you can’t win without it… Oh, but you can try lol. So please, tell us again how useless we are, that will make us vote Republican in the GE, lolz.

Forum List

Back