With CO2 destroying the planet, where's the 55 MPH speed limit?

I'd rather sit in traffic creeping along very slowly, that way my SUV can spew emissions for 40 minutes instead of 10 minutes if I was cruising along at 70 mph.
If your city government enforced a 40 MPH speed limit during peak hours (also known as Rush Hour) then there would be a lot less congestion. It may sound counter-intuitive, but the simple fact is that you can move more vehicles safely through a given section of road at 40mph than at 70 mph. You could probably manage to eliminate jams in most regions by reducing the number of drivers by 10% - because a road which has 10% more vehicles than the maximum load for optimal movement, generates alto of standstill jams. Another funny aspect of the governing mathematics.

Sadly, increasing the number of lanes has rapidly diminishing returns after three lanes. Yet more obscure math.

My car gets 16-19 MPG city, yet if I drive it 80+ MPG it goes up to 23+ MPG. :razz:

Basically, the faster I drive the better gas mileage it gets. So your "no exceptions" rule doesn't make much sense.

If that is the case, then your vehicle is in a poor state of tune. And going 80+ in the city is a good way to end up as a statistic.

At 80 mph, the air resistance is 4 times what it is at 40 mph. So, if your vehicle is getting better mileage at 80 mph than at 40 mph it is running horribly rich at 40 mph.

LOL. I love it when libtards think they know it all. The "state of my tune" is just fine, unless of course you think you're an expert at tuning rotaries.

I didn't say I drive 80 in the city. When I drive long distance on highways, I make much better MPG than normal. 90-110 MPH gets me much better mileage then 55.

The air resistance at 90 to 110 mph is far greater than at 55 mph. If you truly get better mileage at that speed, you are running incredibly rich at 55 mph. And, yes, I am calling you a liar.

Last edited:
Then you're a stupid fuck, which was already a given.

Fuel/air mixture is only relevant in relation to air density. And, to a certain extent, gearing can overcome wind resistance.

So much for your credibility insofar as how mechanical science works in real life.

I'd rather sit in traffic creeping along very slowly, that way my SUV can spew emissions for 40 minutes instead of 10 minutes if I was cruising along at 70 mph.
If your city government enforced a 40 MPH speed limit during peak hours (also known as Rush Hour) then there would be a lot less congestion. It may sound counter-intuitive, but the simple fact is that you can move more vehicles safely through a given section of road at 40mph than at 70 mph. You could probably manage to eliminate jams in most regions by reducing the number of drivers by 10% - because a road which has 10% more vehicles than the maximum load for optimal movement, generates alto of standstill jams. Another funny aspect of the governing mathematics.

Sadly, increasing the number of lanes has rapidly diminishing returns after three lanes. Yet more obscure math.

Do you mean a minimum speed of 40 mph? That would be cool, it would be faster than what I've got.

Fuel/air mixture is only relevant in relation to air density. And, to a certain extent, gearing can overcome wind resistance.

So much for your credibility insofar as how mechanical science works in real life.

Rocks and science don't mix.

I get 30+mpg in my Subie Legacy wagon, at altitude, at 80+ mph. Between 25-28 loaded down or at lower altitudes.

With the added feature of AWD and vastly larger interior payload, I'll take that every day of the week over the go-cart Prius.

You lying sack of BULLSHIT!
Say what you want, asshole.....My 2.2L fuel injected Subie Legacy wagon keeps getting 30mpg on my all-too-frequent trips between Steamboat and SLC, where I set the cruise at 80.

Nobody is more pleased about that than I am.

I'll have to back you on this one, Dooodee...... I had an 84 1.8 Subaru wagon, 4 wheel drive with the Hi-Lo box. 31 mph at 70 mph, and it was carburated.

OK, Dooodeee....... The air resistance at 110 mph is 4 times as great as at 55 mph. That is the math of the situation. If you are getting better mileage at 110 mph than you are at 55 mph, you are running incredibly rich at 55 mph.

OK, Dooodeee....... The air resistance at 110 mph is 4 times as great as at 55 mph. That is the math of the situation. If you are getting better mileage at 110 mph than you are at 55 mph, you are running incredibly rich at 55 mph.
Air/fuel mixture in the same air density is the same, no matter the velocity, knucklehead.

Stupid-Sit_in_the_corner.jpg

Air/fuel mixture in the same air density is the same, no matter the velocity, knucklehead.

Stupid-Sit_in_the_corner.jpg

Is that a dunce hat or the GWK?

Ah Dooodeee....... Once again you prove your ignorance. Ever set up a fast engine? I would guess not with the level of ignorance you demonstrate concerning fuel/air mixtures.
What Should Be The Air-Fuel Ratio In Internal Combustion Engine?

04)Air-Fuel Ratio For Maximum Power Range:-

When maximum power is required,the engine must be supplied with rich mixture as the economy is of no consideration.As the engine enters in the power range,the spark must be retarded otherwise knocking would occur.A lean mixture burns at latter part of working stroke.As the exhaust valve expose to high temperature gases and have very less time to cool down.Moreover,the excess air in the lean mixture may cause an oxidising action on the hot exhaust valve and leads to failure.

05)Air-Fuel Ratio For Acceleration:-

Even during normal running,sometimes more power is required for a short period such as to accelerate the vehicle for overtaking etc.During this period rich mixture is required.

Ah Dooodeee....... Once again you prove your ignorance. Ever set up a fast engine? I would guess not with the level of ignorance you demonstrate concerning fuel/air mixtures.
What Should Be The Air-Fuel Ratio In Internal Combustion Engine?

04)Air-Fuel Ratio For Maximum Power Range:-

When maximum power is required,the engine must be supplied with rich mixture as the economy is of no consideration.As the engine enters in the power range,the spark must be retarded otherwise knocking would occur.A lean mixture burns at latter part of working stroke.As the exhaust valve expose to high temperature gases and have very less time to cool down.Moreover,the excess air in the lean mixture may cause an oxidising action on the hot exhaust valve and leads to failure.

05)Air-Fuel Ratio For Acceleration:-

Even during normal running,sometimes more power is required for a short period such as to accelerate the vehicle for overtaking etc.During this period rich mixture is required.
Ever run an engine with a fuel/air mixture setting, like in an airplane, or are you just stabbing at the best link you can?...I have experience in actual reality.

It doesn't matter how fast you're moving. Even if your engine is blown, the fuel/air mixture remains the same in a given air density.

You may now return to the corner, dumbass.

Good god, Dude, you are sticking to a stupid post. Read the article about fuel/air mix. The harder the engine works, the richer the mix. Just look at the mileage figures on race cars. Whenever you push down on the accelerator, whether a carberated engine, or an injected one, you run a rich mixture.

Don't believe me? Many cars have mileage minders that give you the mpg as you are driving. Accelerate and watch the mileage nosedive. Run at 50 for a while, and then run at 80 for a while. You will see a much lower figure at 80 mph than at 50.

The harder the engine works the more fuel AND air it pulls in.

Fuel doesn't burn in absence of the proper ratio of oxidizer.

One of us is a pilot and went to A&P school, the other did not.

Hell, that's Junior High level science in public schools.

Ignorant nothing, and I check my tires rather often...I drive an AWD wagon that doesn't handle well if the tire pressures are too dissimilar.

Next baseless accusation?

This statement you ignorant bastard. Completely wrong, and very sad that being so mechanically ignorant that you'd actually flaunt it...wow...

Ignition computer boxes have made the tune up obsolete.

What year, model and engine size does your Subaru have?

I get 30+mpg in my Subie Legacy wagon, at altitude, at 80+ mph. Between 25-28 loaded down or at lower altitudes.

With the added feature of AWD and vastly larger interior payload, I'll take that every day of the week over the go-cart Prius.

You lying sack of BULLSHIT!
Say what you want, asshole.....My 2.2L fuel injected Subie Legacy wagon keeps getting 30mpg on my all-too-frequent trips between Steamboat and SLC, where I set the cruise at 80.

Nobody is more pleased about that than I am.

Still lying your ass off huh? They are rated at 28mpg. I have a '95 wagon L, 2.2L, and at 80mph, getting 30mpg, you are a lying sack of shit you...

Our 2005 2.5L Subaru wagon will get 28.5-29mpg at 70...quit flaunting ignorance.

. . .

It is not about CO2.
The goal of the elite is to TAX everything that directly or indirectly causes CO2 to be expelled or emitted into the atmosphere.

People exhale CO2
Animals exhale CO2
Combustion of hydrocarbon fuels emits CO2
Anything that requires the use of hydrocarbon fueled energy generation causes production and emission of CO2.

Do you use hot water, electric, gas, coal, wood, etc, hydrocarbon fuel was used to provide the heat for making the water hot.

This is what the carbon tax is about.

"They" have found a way to justify taxing e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g you do while here on prison planet Earth.

CO2 and people-caused "Global Warming" is a fraud upon which the fascist-nazi governments of this world are basing their propaganda for the imposition of total control on people -- globally.

How's that for a wake-up-call?

There is an elegant "fix."

Google search term: nrgnair Pistol Shrimp2

. . .

Forum List

Back