"Witch Hunt or Child Molester?"

Witch hunt.

She is so right - once the prosecution focuses on you as a suspect, it's all over. And when the public gets into the act, it truly does become a witch hunt.

I once defended someone in pretty much the same position as the kindergarten teacher in this case, only the charge in that case was first degree murder. The defendant was factually innocent - but that did not deter the prosecutors, the public or the media. Thank God for the twelve people who saw through it all and rendered a not guilty verdict.

How many times do we see the public and the media clamoring for the acquittal of an accused child molester? Not too damn often. How about never? What does that say?

Witch hunt.

She is so right - once the prosecution focuses on you as a suspect, it's all over. And when the public gets into the act, it truly does become a witch hunt.

I once defended someone in pretty much the same position as the kindergarten teacher in this case, only the charge in that case was first degree murder. The defendant was factually innocent - but that did not deter the prosecutors, the public or the media. Thank God for the twelve people who saw through it all and rendered a not guilty verdict.

How many times do we see the public and the media clamoring for the acquittal of an accused child molester? Not too damn often. How about never? What does that say?

I am Currently NOT a big Fan of Prosecutors... I Witnessed for an Innocent Cop...

In the End, he was Found the FUCK Innocent... But had the Media not been Muzzled by the Judge, who Knows...

:)

peace...

Thanks for the post script, Mal. Good thread.

Thanks... And I'd like to Thank those here at the USMB who didn't have a Lynch Mob Mentality about this Thread when I Posted it a while back...

Wait and See...

I have Heard People say, based ONLY on Accusations, that they should be Castrated or Hung or Tortured...

Only once GUILTY.

This Woman is Proof of that.

We are ALL Innoncent until Proven Guilty...

Unless you are Marines and Murtha is your Judge. ;)

peace...

Having lived right near Ringgold GA when my ex husband and I lived in Chattanooga, I can tell you this: Ringgold, GA is a SMALL SMALL town of about 3,000 people. Everyone there pretty much knows everyone else--and their business.

I truly believe this woman was RAILROADED and it was at the behest of her ex husband and his family.

The judge and prosecutor in this case are FILTHY DIRTY. Most likely bought and paid for by this woman's ex husband, in order to remove the children from her.

She has lost her entire life--and her parents have lost $500,000 + defending her innocence, all because this little puke-town Mayberry RFD, Barney-Fife town conspired with the ex husband to destroy his ex wife and (ultimately--their children). The daughter was turned against her innocent MOTHER with GA Tax dollars. Pisses me right off.

I'm GLAD she was acquitted. Now, I hope she sues for malicious prosecution so that she and her parents can be (sort of) made whole again.

This case should NEVER have seen one minute's time in the courthouse, and if the case hadn't been fixed against this woman, it wouldn't have. AND....like she said upon her acquittal, if it could happen to her, it could happen to anyone.

THANK GOD for 12 jurors who saw through the ruse.

:evil: <-----Jeny who is STILL stewing about this.

peace...

Only *this* case proves exactliy the opposite.

We are ALL GUILTY until we lose our homes, our jobs, and bankrupt our families in teh quest to PROVE our innocence in a court of law before 12 unbiased jurors.

We are only "innocent" once that has happened.

THAT is the sad reality in today's legal system.

Witch hunt.

What about the Duke Lacrosse case? Those boys were lynch mobbed from the get-go. LITERALLY. Mobs of people calling for their heads on a petard showed up in their front yard---including the New Black Panther Party. Hell, one NBPP rep, in full uniform threatened the life of one of the boys in the courtroom--in full earshot of the judge and not a damned thing was done about it. Nothing.

Like Ms. Craft, the Duke boys had parents prepared to use every asset at their disposal to show their child(ren) were innocent. It took the Duke parents pushing close to $2 million to fund the massive legal defense that ultimately saw the prosecutor of the witch hunt be disbarred and sent to jail. Unfortunately, not all defendants are fortunate enough to have parents with deep pockets and unlimited checkbooks.

You would think Prosecutors and Judges in this country would have learned from Mike Nifong's experience, but Ms. Craft's case shows clearly they have not.

Absolute power, corrupts absolutely. Ask Ms. Craft, her parents, the Duke boys and their parents....they'll tell you our legal system is corrupt to the core.

And I believe 'em.

Last edited:

peace...

Only *this* case proves exactliy the opposite.

We are ALL GUILTY until we lose our homes, our jobs, and bankrupt our families in teh quest to PROVE our innocence in a court of law before 12 unbiased jurors.

We are only "innocent" once that has happened.

THAT is the sad reality in today's legal system.

You are Correct...

But it's better than a Literal Lynch Mob, and Luckily this isn't the Norm, but it should be Focused on when it Happens.

peace...

We had a mayor here who ended up being gay(of course he was republican ;)), and he hired young men who were legal to work at city hall. He also had a friend when he was younger who was molesting boys, but they never had proof our mayor did anything. With this, some stupid lady here went on a witch hunt, calling him a molester every chance she had. And without any proof they recalled him, even before the FBI was done with their investigation.
He ended up dying a few months after being thrown out of office, and the FBI cleared him a few months after that. And I know the only reason why they went after him, is because he was gay.

Forum List

Back