Wise Hollywood

Mar 18, 2004
Why can't these people run for office? We'd be living in a utopian world!

"When Communist U.S.S.R. was a superpower, the world was better off. The right-wing media is trying to marginalize the peace movement." -- Janeane Garofalo

"In a situation like this, of course you identify with everyone who's suffering. (But we must also think about) the terrorists who are creating such horrible future lives for themselves because of the negativity of this karma. It's all of our jobs to keep our minds as expansive as possible. If you can see (the terrorists) as a relative who's dangerously sick and we have to give them medicine, and the medicine is love and compassion. There's nothing better." -- Richard Gere

"America has never paid any attention to other people, so it's absurd for Bush to say that it's all in the best interests of the Iraqi people." -- Richard Gere

(Hahaha I liked that one because it is 100% false).

"This is a racist and imperialist war. The warmongers who stole the White House (you call them "hawks", but I would never disparage such a fine bird) have hijacked a nation's grief and turned it into a perpetual war on any non-white country they choose to describe as terrorist." -- Woody Harrelson

"Have we gone to war yet? We f****** deserve to get bombed. Bring it on." -- Chrissie Hynde of The Pretenders

"Let's get rid of all the economic (expletive) this country represents! Bring it on, I hope the Muslims win!" -- Chrissie Hynde of The Pretenders

"It is an embarrassing time to be an American. It really is. It's humiliating." -- Jessica Lange

"Too many people are being bowled over by Bush and Tony Blair in Britain. It's ludicrous to expect the whole world to follow what they want. America doesn't have the moral right to tell other people what to do. To say the whole world has to fall into line is you-know-what. I hope more people will rise up." -- Spike Lee

"Melt their weapons, melt their hearts, melt their anger with love." -- Shirley MacLaine on her anti-terrorism policy

"We have been the cowards, lobbing cruise missiles from 2,000 miles away. That's cowardly. Staying in the airplane when it hits the building, say what you want about it, it's not cowardly." -- Bill Maher, Politically Incorrect

"I'm not comparing Bush to Adolf Hitler - because George Bush, for one thing, is not as smart as Adolf Hitler. And secondly George Bush has much more power than Adolf Hitler ever had." -- David Clennon, star of the hit CBS television series "The Agency"

"Many families have been devastated tonight. This just is not right. They did not deserve to die. If someone did this to get back at Bush, then they did so by killing thousands of people who DID NOT VOTE for him! Boston, New York, DC, and the planes' destination of California--these were places that voted AGAINST Bush!" --Michael Moore, Michaelmoore.com, September 12

"I like America to some extent." -- Michael Moore

"Since 9-11, more people have died in Afghanistan and Iraq than in New York that day — and for not a very good reason." -- Viggo Mortensen from Lord of the Rings

"I think that people like the Howard Sterns, the Bill O'Reillys and to a lesser degree the bin Ladens of the world are making a horrible contribution." -- Sean Penn

Wise people.

The scary thing is that the media is on their side. BTW, Michael Moore is on my list of people who should either shut up or get the !@#$ out of my country.

Originally posted by Palestinian Jew
I wouldn't get worked up over what hollywood says, half those people didn't go to highschool.
I agree with you on this PJ, but the problem is there are many people who allow themselves to be guided by Hollywood types, in many aspects of their lives. Sad.

"Have we gone to war yet? We f****** deserve to get bombed. Bring it on." -- Chrissie Hynde of The Pretenders

"Let's get rid of all the economic (expletive) this country represents! Bring it on, I hope the Muslims win!" -- Chrissie Hynde of The Pretenders

I wonder what Chrissie says after she receives her fat royalty checks from Rush Limbaugh using her tune for bumper music.

This was such a stupid post I just HAD to respond. I hope you have a good husband to take care of you, preempting, because I would fear for you to be out in the big bad world all alone!

First off, in case you missed it and it sounds like you did, THEY ARE ACTORS! WHO SHOULD FRIGGIN' CARE WHAT THEY THINK!? (but at the same time I'm sure your just glued to what Arnie Schwartzenfigure has to say) They are not politicians. They are not well schooled philosiphers, psycologists, doctors or anything else of vital importance! JEEZE!

Secondly, some of those remarks are SO outlandish that I have to really question the source. And if they actually are all said by those listed, then how do we know that what was said was exactly what was intended. I don't know if you noticed this phenomina happen to anyone you may have ever talked to (which judging by your attitude I would seriously question that you have spoken to many people. I bet most just give you a wide birth) but people have a tendency to sputter, stammer, or plain 'ol mess up the words and order of words that comes out of thier mouths. How do we know that what is typed after the fact is what is really meant?

Thirdly, I wonder why you would go to this troubble to commit acts of charicter assasinations against those who, live int he lime light, but have no real bearing on the course the world takes, overall. Is it because your a fat, ugly pig and you have such a rage of hatred and inequity in your soul that you'll lash out on all those that are 'soft' enough of a target, for you to escape anykind of retribution for your crimes? I bet. Coward. You know, there are many people in this world that are heavy, or misformed, just plain 'ol not pretty on the outside, but many of these people have lots of wonderful friends and lovers and procreate and raise families....you know why? Because they are careing and good in thier hearts and that can be easily be seen by all. It really does elevate thier beauty on the outside as well. Not like you. If your so hateful because your constantly dissed by people and no one really would voluntarily choose to be in your presense, maybe it's time to stop blaming everyone else (it's not the Democrats fault, it's not Osama's fault, and it's not yo' mama's fault) and take some responsibility for the person you are inside. Maybe (BIG IF!) it might make you take a look at things through honest eyes and maybe you won't like what you see in yourself and maybe that would prompt a change in you that would give you a great peace and happiness in life. Or maybe you'll just say my ramblings are the non-sense ideals of a 'softy' and just be the same 'ol Nazi, dirt-farming, banjo strokin', cousin pokin' hillbilly crap flinging monkey in a cage you are today.

Your post really made me mad. AND WHAT DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH TERRORISM IN THE FIRST PLACE! YOU CAN'T EVEN READ INSTRUCTIONS!

Originally posted by jeffperkinstech
This was such a stupid post I just HAD to respond. I hope you have a good husband to take care of you, preempting, because I would fear for you to be out in the big bad world all alone!

First off, in case you missed it and it sounds like you did, THEY ARE ACTORS! WHO SHOULD FRIGGIN' CARE WHAT THEY THINK!? (but at the same time I'm sure your just glued to what Arnie Schwartzenfigure has to say) They are not politicians. They are not well schooled philosiphers, psycologists, doctors or anything else of vital importance! JEEZE!

Secondly, some of those remarks are SO outlandish that I have to really question the source. And if they actually are all said by those listed, then how do we know that what was said was exactly what was intended. I don't know if you noticed this phenomina happen to anyone you may have ever talked to (which judging by your attitude I would seriously question that you have spoken to many people. I bet most just give you a wide birth) but people have a tendency to sputter, stammer, or plain 'ol mess up the words and order of words that comes out of thier mouths. How do we know that what is typed after the fact is what is really meant?

Thirdly, I wonder why you would go to this troubble to commit acts of charicter assasinations against those who, live int he lime light, but have no real bearing on the course the world takes, overall. Is it because your a fat, ugly pig and you have such a rage of hatred and inequity in your soul that you'll lash out on all those that are 'soft' enough of a target, for you to escape anykind of retribution for your crimes? I bet. Coward. You know, there are many people in this world that are heavy, or misformed, just plain 'ol not pretty on the outside, but many of these people have lots of wonderful friends and lovers and procreate and raise families....you know why? Because they are careing and good in thier hearts and that can be easily be seen by all. It really does elevate thier beauty on the outside as well. Not like you. If your so hateful because your constantly dissed by people and no one really would voluntarily choose to be in your presense, maybe it's time to stop blaming everyone else (it's not the Democrats fault, it's not Osama's fault, and it's not yo' mama's fault) and take some responsibility for the person you are inside. Maybe (BIG IF!) it might make you take a look at things through honest eyes and maybe you won't like what you see in yourself and maybe that would prompt a change in you that would give you a great peace and happiness in life. Or maybe you'll just say my ramblings are the non-sense ideals of a 'softy' and just be the same 'ol Nazi, dirt-farming, banjo strokin', cousin pokin' hillbilly crap flinging monkey in a cage you are today.

Your post really made me mad. AND WHAT DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH TERRORISM IN THE FIRST PLACE! YOU CAN'T EVEN READ INSTRUCTIONS!

Whooooooaaaaaa..... it was a joke!! :D Chill brotha! I was joking in the "Bush Lied" post too! Read some of my posts and you'll know I am the biggest hawk of them all.

Take it easy man. lol

Yeah I know...I did over-react. But seriously, is there really any reason for this post, other than to express hatred for those with more fortunate lives? And besides....even if the things they say are seriously dumb and insensitive, at least they care enough to have enough intrest in the issues and state an opinion. Not like Britney Spears or J.T. who are all like, "Osama what? I dunno, but somone just sneezed so I just made another Million Dollars! WooHoo! Now if you'll excuse me, I have to find someone lucky enough to have sex with me now."

Oh...ok...uh...my face is red...my bad! Preempting I do sincearly apologize. Please forgive my ignorance.:(

I thank you for your grace and your refined taste in sharp tounged banter! PLAY THROUGH!

Hollywood has proven themselves to be the largest group of certified idiots in the U.S.If a Democrat were in charge of this war,he would be great because he gave freedom to the Iraqi people.Anyone who bases their opinions on what these lollipops think just because they are a fan shouldn't be allowed to vote on the count of not having their own brain! These people think America actually cares what they think-go figure.

I, personally, don't care what Hollywood thinks. I just wish they'd all shut their holes off stage and make some decent movies for me to watch. [grumble] !@#$ $7.50 for me to see some trash like Dare!@#$devil. Stupid ripoff.[/grumble] Anyway, what bothers me is when:

a) people do care what they think and

b) that they think they're political experts when all they do is obey the liberal left to the extreme

I like what Renee Zellweger said. When asked about her opinion on the war, she openly admitted that she didn't have enough information on the war to form a decent opinion.

Forum List

Back