Wisconsin's Walker leads possible recall opponents; job approval up

Amelia

Rookie
Feb 14, 2011
Packerland!
Wisconsin's Republican Governor Scott Walker, who is the target of an election recall effort, leads all of his possible Democratic opponents in a special election expected later this year, according to a new opinion poll.

Wisconsin's Walker leads possible recall opponents: poll | Reuters

Slightly more Wisconsin voters approve than disapprove of the job Republican Gov. Scott Walker is doing as he prepares for an expected recall election, according to a poll released Wednesday.

Walker also showed a slight lead or a lead when compared to four potential Democratic opponents, according to a Marquette University Law School poll.

It showed 51 percent of 701 registered voters polled approve of Walker’s performance while 46 percent disapprove. The poll has a margin of error of 3.8 percentage points. The telephone poll was conducted Jan. 19-22, just days after recall organizers turned in a million signatures to possibly force a recall election against Walker.

Poll shows slightly more voters approve than disapprove of Wisconsin governor ahead of recall - The Washington Post

p.s. lol @ "slightly more approve than disapprove". If the numbers were not in Walker's favor, I suspect there would have been a different headline. If a Democrat had seen a turnaround in the polls like that, chances are good the story would have been "so-and-so's approval rising". Yup. Check out this headline about Obama from December:

Obama’s job-approval rating is highest since summer, Post-ABC poll finds

Obama's job-approval rating is highest since summer, Post-ABC poll finds - The Washington Post

That's what Obama gets for a dismal 49% approval rating to 47% disapproval.

/end rant at media :)

back on topic .... Yay for Governor Walker. Yay for Wisconsin!

The unions are wasting taxpayer dollars doing this. They don't care, its all about them not the people. If I lived in Wisconsin I'd be mad as H*ll.

The Marquette University Law School poll shows Walker leading Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett, whom he beat in 2010, by 50 to 44 percent. Dane County executive Kathleen Falk, who has announced she will run for the nomination to challenge Walker, trails Walker by 49 to 42 percent.

The poll also shows Walker leading former congressman David Obey by 7 percentage points and state Senator Tim Cullen by 10 points. Cullen said last month he would run.

:rofl:@ Dimocrats and union lunes in WI

well anyone suspicious that 1/2 of the million votes are fraud? and where does hitler live? I wanna pay him a visit.

I would expect that the majority of the signatures to recall are legit. All it proves is the same people that voted against walker, still don't like him regardless of how he's helped the state.

There are STILL more people who voted FOR Walker, and thus, still more people who did NOT sign the recall petitions.

They haven't even announced who he's running against yet and already CONZ are declaring victory.

Here's a clue about winning fights CONZ.
You WIN fights BEFORE you fight them. You don't pick a fight then hope you can win.

That's what IRAQ should have taught you obtuse morans. But learning from your mistakes isn't your strong suit.

They haven't even announced who he's running against yet and already CONZ are declaring victory.

Who declared victory?

back on topic .... Yay for Governor Walker. Yay for Wisconsin!

This.

Walker supporters are whistling past the graveyard on this.
He's going to get kicked out in disgrace and his agenda disgraced.
Which will only make it easier to reverse elsewhere.

You really think that Wisconsinites who aren't in unions or die hard liberals are going to vote to get rid of the guy that erased a 3 billion dollar deficit without raising taxes or laying off cops, firefighters or teachers? REALLY? Sorry, Decept...but I don't see it. I think you're going to see the unions spend millions to try and buy this thing and still come up short.

You WIN fights BEFORE you fight them. You don't pick a fight then hope you can win.

That's what IRAQ should have taught you obtuse morans. But learning from your mistakes isn't your strong suit.

It is POSSIBLE that my state will vote Walker out, but things are looking better for him, and this news deserves to be told.

If Walker were still under 50%, Democrats would be here crowing ... some more.

As the smoke clears and the mania of the past year dies down, more and more people are seeing that Walker's proposals make a whole lot more sense than what the Democrats would try to take us back to.

And this is somehow different than all the Dimocrats in here claiming Walker is toast... how?

Here's a clue about winning fights, dip-shit....

if there is a recall election and polls show it too close to call, anyone wonder if the Obama ACORN fraud machine will come into play? especially in democratic districts? here come the dead !!!

The Dims and their union thugs picked the fight, moron.

This.

Walker supporters are whistling past the graveyard on this.
He's going to get kicked out in disgrace and his agenda disgraced.
Which will only make it easier to reverse elsewhere.

I'm going to save this post so I can rub it in your ugly face when he wins.

You really think that Wisconsinites who aren't in unions or die hard liberals are going to vote to get rid of the guy that erased a 3 billion dollar deficit without raising taxes or laying off cops, firefighters or teachers? REALLY? Sorry, Decept...but I don't see it. I think you're going to see the unions spend millions to try and buy this thing and still come up short.

Parasites believe everyone is sucking on the government tit. They don't realize the majority don't like providing sustenance for useless ticks on the ass of society.

The Dims and their union thugs picked the fight, moron.

Indeed.

It would have taken phenomenal foresight to predict that the Democrats would leave the state to prevent the lawful actions of Republicans. Less foresight was needed to predict that teachers and other union members might commit an illegal work stoppage but who could know they would carry it to so far that it caught the eye of the national media?

In hindsight there are certainly things that Walker might have done differently, but I think it's a good thing that his mind doesn't work the way that democrat rabble rousers' minds work.

He is very capable and very strong and I think that he has a very good chance of winning. Our state has already won through the work he has done. When the furor does down we'll do even better. We have a bright outlook.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...redit-downgrade-in-contrast-to-wisconsin.html

Last edited:
Watch the sad packer fan on Youtube. Typical wisconsinite. I've lived here all my life, born in wisc. Root only against the pack.

Forum List

Back