Wisconsin unions are protesting against Democracy

No it isn't. You're a brainwashed dope.

Wow... that's it?

What union are you in tough guy?

I'm not in a union, stupid.

You even have a job?

I doubt you even have a job. You must be some slacker who lives in his parents' basement.

Scott Walker is quite admirable - and campaigned on smaller government. He's just keeping his promise - a concept that is likely unfamiliar to you.

The son of a preacher, Scott Walker grew up in the small town of Delavan, Wisconsin and it's those small town values that make Scott the man he is today. Growing up, Scott's family didn't have a lot. Those lean times taught him to do more with less and he believes government should do the same.

According to Tonette, Scott's wife of 17 years, he is every bit as fiscally conservative when it comes to his personal finances. Scott drives a 1998 Saturn with 100,000 miles on it and packs the same brown bag lunch before heading to the office to save money: two ham and cheese sandwiches on wheat with mayo.

Scott's Brown Bag Guide to Government applies the same kind of small town values and common sense ideas he follows in his personal life:

1. Don't spend more than you have.
2. Smaller government is better government.
3. People create jobs, not government.

When it comes to serving the public, Scott Walker puts his money where his mouth is there too. From 2002 through 2010, Scott and Tonette Walker have given back over $370,000 of his salary to the county.

Meet Scott Walker | Scott Walker for Wisconsin Governor

I mean, Isn't it, well, a bit ironic that the protesters in Madison, blocking the state senate chamber, are chanting "Freedom, Democracy, Union" while trying to prevent a vote?

Preventing a vote is suddenly novel? Someone get this guy a newspaper from the past decade.

...so like a typical leftie....you think FORCE is the answer.....

This makes no sense. Your OP is lamenting that 1) Democratic senators fled the state, and 2) that they did so as a form of obstruction (i.e. to prevent a vote).

What do either of those things have to do with "force"? The piece you quoted is simply anti-obstructionism. Do you disagree with it?

Last edited:
Going too far with this one, junior. The Constitution allows these people to protest civilly. Which is precisely what they are doing. I would expect a Tea Bagger like yourself to have a better understanding of the Constitution. Well, except for that whole Christine O'Donnell moran....

Listen pops....i didn't state that they had no right to protest.....i'm pointing out what they are protesting against....the Democratic process....

...and that elections have consequences....

....do you think Congressmen abandoning their jobs is part of the Democratic process...?

...when lefties lose elections they whine and act as if they don't count...and you claim they are being "civil"...? ...NOT even according to their OWN rules...:eusa_hand:

Wow, this is too funny. I saw this coming.

So, what were the Tea Party protests in 2009? When the 'consequence' of the ELECTIONS were an overwhelming Democratic majority.

What was the whole point of the formation of the Tea Party in its various forms?

...that's right, according to Eagle here...

...TO PROTEST DEMOCRACY.

How do some of you defend the fact that officials elected by the public to do a job and make tough decisions have effectively 'run away from home" in order not to have to do their job? This behavior is completely childish. They know they're going to lose their "game" so they've thrown down the game pieces and refused to play. The democratic process gave control to the Republicans in the legislature this time. If the public doesn't like the results, they'll make a change during the next election cycle. If the run away Democrats don't understand how the process works, they need to be permanently relieved of their jobs.
This is all a result of the Republican's decision to lobby on behalf of the wealthy to have their "tax cuts" extended. With the exclusion of this one group who already controls most of the private wealth in the nation, the Republicans have compiled an "enemies list" and targeted these groups that have traditionally supported the Democrats to take the financial "hit!"

Last edited:
Going too far with this one, junior. The Constitution allows these people to protest civilly. Which is precisely what they are doing. I would expect a Tea Bagger like yourself to have a better understanding of the Constitution. Well, except for that whole Christine O'Donnell moran....

Listen pops....i didn't state that they had no right to protest.....i'm pointing out what they are protesting against....the Democratic process....

....do you think Congressmen abandoning their jobs is part of the Democratic process...?

...when lefties lose elections they whine and act as if they don't count...and you claim they are being "civil"...? ...NOT even according to their OWN rules...:eusa_hand:

So, what were the Tea Party protests in 2009? When the 'consequence' of the ELECTIONS were an overwhelming Democratic majority.

What was the whole point of the formation of the Tea Party in its various forms?

...TO PROTEST DEMOCRACY.

And just like Tea Party protesters, those protesting in Wisconsin will have the opportunity to make changes in their government in the next election. That's the process. Protesting is a fine thing. Running away from home to avoid doing the job you were hired to do is not.

How do some of you defend the fact that officials elected by the public to do a job and make tough decisions have effectively 'run away from home" in order not to have to do their job? This behavior is completely childish. They know they're going to lose their "game" so they've thrown down the game pieces and refused to play. The democratic process gave control to the Republicans in the legislature this time. If the public doesn't like the results, they'll make a change during the next election cycle. If the run away Democrats don't understand how the process works, they need to be permanently relieved of their jobs.
This is all a result of the Republican's decision to lobby on behalf of the wealthy to have their "tax cuts" extended. With the exclusion of the one group who already controls most of the private wealth in the nation, the Republicans have decided to compile any enemy list and target these Democratic supporters to take the financial "hit!"

No, you can say that it's because of whatever, but the fact remains that those senators are responsible for THEIR own reaction to whatever the stimuli. Their response has been to abdicate responsibility. Everyone owns their own behavior and responses.

...TO PROTEST DEMOCRACY.

Once again for the morons....nothing wrong with peaceful Assembly to voice opinions (as the Tea Party did peaceably).....but everything wrong with physically preventing the democratic process because you just don't want the likely outcome.....

Preventing a vote is suddenly novel? Someone get this guy a newspaper from the past decade.

...so like a typical leftie....you think FORCE is the answer.....
Quit'cher whining............

:eusa_boohoo:

"Why do so many Republicans declare war against workers and programs that create jobs? Would Gov. Walker have shown such contempt for Lech Walesa when the Solidarity union leader was fighting for workers in Poland? The Wisconsin Democrats are doing exactly what Walesa did: fight for workers, for jobs and for democracy."

Wisconsin Governor Acts Like Hosni Mubarak

LechWalesaTIME1980.jpg

"Wałęsa was an electrician by trade, with no higher education. Soon after beginning work at the Gdańsk (then, "Lenin") Shipyards, he became a trade-union activist. For this he was persecuted by the Polish communist government, placed under surveillance, fired in 1976, and arrested several times. In August 1980 he was instrumental in negotiations that led to the ground-breaking Gdańsk Agreement between striking workers and the government, and he became a co-founder of the Solidarity trade-union movement. Arrested again after martial law was imposed and Solidarity was outlawed, upon release he continued his activism and was prominent in the establishment of the 1989 Round Table Agreement that led to semi-free parliamentary elections in June 1989 and to a Solidarity-led government.

In 1990 he successfully ran for the newly re-established office of President of Poland."

You Lefties are nothing more than big drama queens who spout big fat lies...like comparing Walker to Mubarak and Hitler.....and the Wisconsin Democrats are NOT doing exactly what Walesa did in Poland....the Wisconsin cheeseheads are NOT fighting a Communist regime that is suppressing union activities...democracy is alive and well in Wisconsin as long as the unionists stop trying to usurp it...

Forum List

Back