Wisconsin Union Battle Could Set Stage for National 'Right-to-Work' Debate

WillowTree

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2008
The stand-off in Wisconsin over the benefits and rights of public employees could for the first time in decades spur changes across the country over so-called "right-to-work" laws -- or laws that prohibit unions from forcing workers to join.

For years, the country has been split practically 50-50 between states that allow employees to decide whether to join a union and states that allow unions to require membership. Most southern and central Midwestern states are right-to-work states, while the West Coast, New England and the northern Midwest comprise what critics call "forced-unionism" states.

Along with requiring public employees to contribute more to pensions and health care coverage, Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker wants to put his state in the right-to-work column. His proposals have touched off an epic battle in Madison between pro-labor Democrats and Republicans who say they're just trying to balance the budget.

And now that battle is spreading.

Throngs of union members and supporters gathered in Indianapolis Monday for a protest against a proposed bill in the Indiana House that would restrict collective bargaining rights and make it a misdemeanor to require any employee to join or pay dues to a union.

Wisconsin Union Battle Could Set Stage for National 'Right-to-Work' Debate - FoxNews.com

Obama's friends at the SEIU already have scheduled rallies all over the country, so this is not about Wisconsin.

SEIU’s Plan For The Coming Week – Protests EVERYWHERE

If you were thinking that the protests in Madison, Wisconsin just developed organically, think again. There is a well coordinated machine operating in the background, handling details like sign printing, busing folks to and from the protest, as well as scheduling groups of various members to appear on a rotating basis. They have also developed a game plan for the week ahead, not just in Wisconsin but at state capitals across the country.

The country’s second largest labor union, SEIU is helping the Wisconsin teachers as well as assisting in revving up potential protesters around the country. This list was copied from their web page just today;

Events on Monday February 21, 2011 (All times local)

Indiana
Rally
Time: 9 A.M.
Address: 302 W Washington St – Indianapolis, IN

Montana
Rally
Time: 2 P.M.
Address: 1301 East 6th Avenue – Helena, Montana

Nevada
Rally
Time: 12 P.M.
Address: 101 North Carson Street – Carson City, NV 89701

North Carolina
Rally
Time: 12 P.M. Location:
Address: 1 East Edenton Street – Raleigh, NC 27601

Oregon
Rally
Time: 12 P.M.
Address: 900 Court St. NE – Salem, OR 97301

Texas
Candlelight March and Vigil
Time: 6:45 P.M.
Address: 1106 Lavaca St. – Austin, TX. 78701

Washington
Rally
Time: 12:00 PM
Address: 416 Sid Snyder Avenue SW – Olympia, WA 98504
SEIU’s Plan For The Coming Week – Protests EVERYWHERE | The Blaze

And where SEIU goes.....violence follows. Be careful. They're hurting their own cause, however, through horrible PR.

OH.......the protests. LMAO..........the more the merrier. I cant wait.............more exposure of the goofball ideology of the left!!!

The public employee scam is finally being exposed. All I can say is.......a BIG BIG thanks to the Wisconsin governor for exposing this. Before this, many Americans didnt know these greedy fcukks were paying ZERO into their medical and retirement........from their first day on the job 'till the day of their deaths. HArdy har-har!!! Now they will.......and see more of the big fraud that is the American left. Fcukk them........this back the truck up for the free stuff backed by every k00k lefty is heading fast to being a museum piece put on display like a relic of a former era.

No more free ride assholes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:fu::funnyface::fu::funnyface::fu::funnyface::fu:

Time to fork over like the rest of us..............

Last edited:
Obama and the DNC really overreached during the past couple of years. We've had creeping government expansion and increased public employee union compensation issues brewing for years. These were in the "frog in a saucepan" category, until Obama turned the heat to boiling.

Well, the pot has boiled over and can't be "undone". The majority of the country still works in the private sector, has born the brunt of the recession in terms of losses of jobs, home equity, investments accounts etc. To be asked to give up even more to support public employee unions that have been sheltered from economic reality is the final straw.

We do have two Americas - the one that feeds off of taxpayers and the one that foots the bill. The latter has been Bled Out. Enough.

No one supports forced unionization? No one! Then I think it's over for da unions.. :clap2::clap2::clap2:

Most folks are avoiding this thread because you're an idiot.

But personally, I'd be happy to go on record PRO UNION (even though I'm management for a very large corporation).

If the majority of he employees would like union representation, it's their Constitutional right to vote it in.

Why do you hate democracy?

Obama and the DNC really overreached during the past couple of years. We've had creeping government expansion and increased public employee union compensation issues brewing for years. These were in the "frog in a saucepan" category, until Obama turned the heat to boiling.

Well, the pot has boiled over and can't be "undone". The majority of the country still works in the private sector, has born the brunt of the recession in terms of losses of jobs, home equity, investments accounts etc. To be asked to give up even more to support public employee unions that have been sheltered from economic reality is the final straw.

We do have two Americas - the one that feeds off of taxpayers and the one that foots the bill. The latter has been Bled Out. Enough.

Boedicca with a post of sheer brilliance!!!!!:beer::thup::thup::beer:

I just hope the SEIU doesn't lynch any black people, like they did in the Tea Party rally.

Obama and the DNC really overreached during the past couple of years.

That lone pathetic sentence relegates you to the loony bin.

We can tune-in your bloated hero The Drugster or watch some Fixed News for this same right wing echo chamber horseshit.

Get a life.

No one supports forced unionization? No one! Then I think it's over for da unions.. :clap2::clap2::clap2:

But personally, I'd be happy to go on record PRO UNION (even though I'm management for a very large corporation).

If the majority of he employees would like union representation, it's their Constitutional right to vote it in.

Really? If you're really willing to "go on the record". then walk into your supervisor's office and tell them you think they should go union. Or are you only willing to let your anonymous avatar "go on the record"? :lol:

Obama and the DNC really overreached during the past couple of years.

That lone pathetic sentence relegates you to the loony bin.

We can tune-in your bloated hero The Drugster or watch some Fixed News for this same right wing echo chamber horseshit.

Get a life.

IF JA doesn't agree with something, one can be sure one is absolutely on the right track!

And if they would like to keep their jobs, they will NOT vote it in. Once the money hungry union bosses get involved, they will not stop taking until the business goes under. The employees all lose their jobs and the union bosses simply move onto the next group of suckers...

OH.......the protests. LMAO..........the more the merrier. I cant wait.............more exposure of the goofball ideology of the left!!!

The public employee scam is finally being exposed. All I can say is.......a BIG BIG thanks to the Wisconsin governor for exposing this. Before this, many Americans didnt know these greedy fcukks were paying ZERO into their medical and retirement........from their first day on the job 'till the day of their deaths. HArdy har-har!!! Now they will.......and see more of the big fraud that is the American left. Fcukk them........this back the truck up for the free stuff backed by every k00k lefty is heading fast to being a museum piece put on display like a relic of a former era.

No more free ride assholes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:fu::funnyface::fu::funnyface::fu::funnyface::fu:

Time to fork over like the rest of us..............

They were paying less then most of us for their health care.

They were paying nothing toward their retirement.

They've had it pretty good up until now, and they were probably hoping that Obama would bail the state out. Instead he's starting trouble and taking it nationwide. He was looking for an excuse and he started with a new Republican Governor.

First he fucked with Arizona, now Wisconsin.

So much for his attempts to appear to be a moderate.

Then it should also be a constitutional right for Employers to demand a NON union shop if they want.

It should also be a constitutional right of an employer to chose how they hire and fire.

I should be a right of an employer to hire non union workers right along with the union workers.

I should also be MY right to work for whoever i want to....without being told if I DON'T JOIN AND PAY THE UNION i cant work there.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back