Wisconsin state senator calls for boycott of major Wisconsin business

Amelia

Rookie
Feb 14, 2011
Packerland!
State Sen. Lena Taylor set off a firestorm discussion on Facebook and around Wisconsin this week after calling for a boycott of all products made by Georgia-Pacific, a company owned by Gov. Scott Walker supporters Charles and David Koch.

see more: Call for Georgia-Pacific boycott by State Sen. Lena Taylor draws ire | Green Bay Press Gazette | greenbaypressgazette.com

A little more:

Green Bay Mayor Jim Schmitt said a boycott would be “very hurtful” to his city, noting that Georgia-Pacific has spent over $110-million to expand in his community over the last five years. Schmitt said people in Green Bay are proud to have G-P there. He said Taylor’s comments were merely “political rhetoric” but quote, “It’s something we don’t need.”
Mike Kawleski of Georgia-Pacific said Taylor has a right to make her comments, but his firm is mostly concerned about its 23-hundred Green Bay employees. And he noted that his company is growing and looking for workers in the face of a struggling economy.
Green Bay mayor objects to Georgia-Pacific boycott

Taylor threatens the jobs of 2300 people because successful businessmen donated money to the campaign which was most likely to keep more people employed in Wisconsin.

That's what Democrats are about here in Wisconsin.

That is why Scott Walker will win the day and why we were so fortunate to have elected him in this time of economic turmoil.

Last edited:
I'll tell ya what. the demonRats are overrun with fucking morons. what can I tellya?

Some Democrats are morons. Others, doubly so.
49366-26285.gif

State Sen. Lena Taylor set off a firestorm discussion on Facebook and around Wisconsin this week after calling for a boycott of all products made by Georgia-Pacific, a company owned by Gov. Scott Walker supporters Charles and David Koch.

A little more:

Green Bay Mayor Jim Schmitt said a boycott would be “very hurtful” to his city, noting that Georgia-Pacific has spent over $110-million to expand in his community over the last five years. Schmitt said people in Green Bay are proud to have G-P there. He said Taylor’s comments were merely “political rhetoric” but quote, “It’s something we don’t need.”
Mike Kawleski of Georgia-Pacific said Taylor has a right to make her comments, but his firm is mostly concerned about its 23-hundred Green Bay employees. And he noted that his company is growing and looking for workers in the face of a struggling economy.

Taylor threatens the jobs of 2300 people because successful businessmen donated money to the campaign which was most likely to keep more people employed in Wisconsin.

That is why Scott Walker will win the day and why we were so fortunate to have elected him in this time of economic turmoil.

Explain to me what is wrong with the whole concept?
Isn't it the publics right to gather information and then do what they will with said information.
Of course it is, and that is the way things work.
If they choose to boycott the products by the brothers koch, let them.
If they choose to not boycott the products by the brothers koch. let them.
:clap2:

A little more:

Isn't it the publics right to gather information and then do what they will with said information.

Nobody is talking about stopping them, it is about calling them out on it and calling the esteemed senator an asshat for calling for it.

You can't be serious.

Here we have a STATE SENATOR calling for a boycott of a company that provides both jobs and a tax base for that dope's salary and benefits?

Shit man, time to get the rubber rooms ready.

• Banned

A little more:

Well, of course it's their choice.

I've been watching Democrats and union members literally voting jobs out of this state for several years now. That's certainly their choice to act insanely if that's what they want.

But I can observe that it is insane and I can do everything in my power to try to help reinforce the sane players here.

When a union votes its jobs out of this state, it's not just those jobs which are lost. It's the jobs off all the people who supply the company and the jobs of grocery clerks and gift shop owners and all the people the company's employees used to buy from when they used to have income.

So I exercise my choice to get the word out about the anti-employment forces at work here in my state. If the word gets out and if the nutcases like Lena Taylor can be marginalized, we stand a better chance to weather this economic storm.

So Lena Taylor, it's your choice to be an idiot, but the world sees it now and you toasted your feeble minded self.

And it's going to be the rest of the state's choice to keep Scott Walker when moveon.org and friends try to get him recalled in January. Because the rest of us aren't idiots and we want to keep jobs in Wisconsin.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back