Wisconsin Republican lose seats and that is a win to them?

Truthseeker420

Gold Member
Mar 30, 2011
Home of the 2013 BCS National Champion
I haven't really been following this but it seems like GOPers are popping champagne. But they lose seats but hold onto a majority by the skin of their teeth( even though it is unofficial and the the most imortant recall is yet to come) and they are giddy with excitement. Am I reading this right?

I haven't really been following this but it seems like GOPers are popping champagne. But they lose seats but hold onto a majority by the skin of their teeth( even though it is unofficial and the the most imortant recall is yet to come) and they are giddy with excitement. Am I reading this right?

They still control the state senate. Basically the democrats tried to motivate thier base and went all out in 6 elections against incumbents, and won only 2.

In an election offense is easier than defense. You can motivate your voters to head to the polls for "change" far easier then trying to get them out to defend the statu quo. The 2008 presidential election is a perfect example of this.

Demorcats needed a smaller turnout of republican baseline voters to win the senate back, and even with all the $$ and GOTV actions, they went 2 for 6.

Also rememeber next week 2 democrats are on the block.

They still control the state senate. Basically the democrats tried to motivate thier base and went all out in 6 elections against incumbents, and won only 2.

In an election offense is easier than defense. You can motivate your voters to head to the polls for "change" far easier then trying to get them out to defend the statu quo. The 2008 presidential election is a perfect example of this.

Demorcats needed a smaller turnout of republican baseline voters to win the senate back, and even with all the $$ and GOTV actions, they went 2 for 6.

I think most of the attention was on recall of Scott Walker. And Democrats should not underesimate the power of corporate money. And it is unofficial.

Last edited:
It's too early to know what yesterday's election means for 2012. Several regular R supporters are already claiming victory in 2012 on yesterday's results. Considering Wisconsin is a swing state, and does not have large urban centers the results are not surprising, though for me disappointing.

I wonder how much Citizens United v. FEC influenced the voting. It was reported over 30 million dollars was spent on these six senate seats, I've not seen a breakdown on who contributed the most to these campaigns, but no matter who was the largest contributer I wonder how much money will now be in play in 2012. Will we get the best and the brightest, or the most partisan hard liners on both sides of the aisle? Will all this money buy us good government? I suspect not.

Last edited:

I think most of the attention was on recall of Scott Walker. And Democrats should not underesimate the power of corporate money. And it is unofficial.

Daily Kos was pumping this recall election as hard as it could. To try to say "eh, no big deal" after so much effort was expended to flip the WI senate reeks of revisonism.

It's too early to know what yesterday's election means for 2012. Several regular R supporters are already claiming victory in 2012 on yesterday's results. Considering Wisconsin is a swing state, and does not have large urban centers the results are not surprising, though for me disappointing.

I wonder how much Citizens United v. FEC influenced the voting. It was reported over 30 million dollars was spent on these six senate seats, I've not seen a breakdown on who contributed the most to these campaigns, but no matter who was the largest contributer I wonder how much money will now be in play in 2012. Will we get the best and the brightest, or the most partisan hard liners on both sides of the aisle? Will all this money buy us good government? I suspect not.
You'd be best worrying about your own broken-down train wreck of a state, pal. :eusa_hand:

After everything that went down in Wisconsin, the republican agenda will likely continue unabated.

Fact, not opinion.

That sure looks, walks and quacks like a victory to me.

Thats your problem right there...

Labor Unions spent millions in an attempt to hijack a States legal election in 2010. They lost.

Democrat/Republican blah, blah, blah ....

This was a major loss for union assholes, plain and simple.....

Forum List

Back