Wisconsin recalls - the sequel

Wisconsin politicians face specter of fresh recall votes | Reuters

(Reuters) - Republican Governor Scott Walker could headline a cast of Wisconsin lawmakers who may be fighting for their political lives in a sequel next year to last summer's historic state recall elections.

As many as 17 state senators, along with Walker and Lieutenant Governor Rebecca Kleefisch, could face recall battles next summer if activists succeed in efforts to force such votes, according to the state's government accountability board.

Yeah, cause that worked out soooo well last time, huh.

Waste of money.

Actually, it did. It got rid of two of them. No, it didn't get the 3 they needed, but two less is better than none. And, frankly, recalls are so rare and so difficult that the fact they won 2 of the seats back was pretty extraordinary. I knew when they didn't get the additional seat, the right would pretend it was a "victory". last time i checked, though, losing two seats isn't a victory.

And the third should have won, too. It took millions of dollars in RNC funds to save that seat.

Last edited:
you know, it's funny... NY23 goes dem for the first time in eons and the repubs call it an abberation. NY9 goes to a repub in a narrow victory and repubs call it a trend. repubs lose two seats in wisconsin, they call it a victory.

it's kind of amusing.

Walker and the WI republicans deserve these recall elections. In a state that historically prides itself on it's pro-Union culture, attempting to destroy the unions without having made that intent clear during the elections, is absolutely radical and dishonest.

The people of Wisconson may have intended to elect a moderately conservative government, but not one that was this extreme. It's doubtful that if the Repugs had made their intention clear, the people of Wisconson would have elected them.

This is the equivalent of a liberal Democrat imposing Stalinism after they got elected.

BTW, the Democrats overturned Republicans in 3 of 7 recall elections, not just 2. There was one recall election about 2 weeks before all the others.

And you deserve your joining the USMB to be recalled, for pretending to be normal when you're just another garden variety, liberal dimwit. You fucking liberals are cry babies and sore losers.

Kick yourself in the nads and STFU.

Should you also be recalled for backing Newt Gingrich for POTUS? If I was doing that I would kick myself in the nads. :lol:

And because 100% of all Wisconsin governors faced a recall after the 2010 election, 100% of all Wisconsin governors in 100% of all future governor elections will have to face a recall.

Out of my league :rofl:

Tell me again about the land of perpetual recall....

....after you get Walker's dick out of your mouth, of course. I mean, if you can cock gobble AND post retarded nonsense online at the same time have at it but I think you might be better off if you took a break.

Ah, homosexual references, how progressive of you. I would think you would be so much more sensitive to your co-democrats, they tend to be sensitive towards homophobic rants.

lets see the democrats tried to recall any sentator that was vulnerable the last cycle.

They are trying to recall every senator that is vulnerable this cycle.

Then the republicans will try the same thing if the dems get a majority in the senate, or manage to win the governor's house.

Also, to the moderators, i apologize for the family reference. however It seems that blow up doll references are OK. Good to know. What about barnyard animals, or small woodland creatures?

We could go into so many other things that Article 15 likes to bugger.

So you have nothing but your imagination and baseless leaps in logic.

Bang up job, guy :thup:

Nope, its this little thing called an opinion, something that people like you are unable to grasp when the opinion is opposite yours. A typical inability to understand the opposite side of the fence, mostly found in those with a lack of basic cognitive functions.

Like my opinion that you are a worthless pile of moneky dung, suitable only for primate-related flinging.

Ah, homosexual references, how progressive of you. I would think you would be so much more sensitive to your co-democrats, they tend to be sensitive towards homophobic rants.

lets see the democrats tried to recall any sentator that was vulnerable the last cycle.

They are trying to recall every senator that is vulnerable this cycle.

Then the republicans will try the same thing if the dems get a majority in the senate, or manage to win the governor's house.

Also, to the moderators, i apologize for the family reference. however It seems that blow up doll references are OK. Good to know. What about barnyard animals, or small woodland creatures?

We could go into so many other things that Article 15 likes to bugger.

Nope, its this little thing called an opinion, something that people like you are unable to grasp when the opinion is opposite yours. A typical inability to understand the opposite side of the fence, mostly found in those with a lack of basic cognitive functions.

Like my opinion that you are a worthless pile of moneky dung, suitable only for primate-related flinging.

It's your opinion now? :lol:

You should backpedal some more, dude.

Last edited:
And, frankly, recalls are so rare and so difficult that the fact they won 2 of the seats back was pretty extraordinary.

No, no, Jillian, recalls are now the new automatic trigger for every election result from here on out. Didn't ya hear?

you know, it's funny... NY23 goes dem for the first time in eons and the repubs call it an abberation. NY9 goes to a repub in a narrow victory and repubs call it a trend. repubs lose two seats in wisconsin, they call it a victory.

it's kind of amusing.
Except when you look at the fact that recall election, the dems needed 3 to succeed. Therefore they failed to do what they set out to do and spent millions and millions on.

I'd call that a loss for the democrats for they failed to reach their goal. By extension, that's a GOP victory.

But if lying to yourself on what happened is what you have to do to get through the bitter weeks and months to your next failure... have fun. Just don't expect much success in spinning anyone else either.

Using it for pure political gain is a bastardization of the intent of the ability to recall.

Perhaps this is true. It would also be a bastardization of the intent of states rights to launch a nationwide campaign to specifically target various state voting laws for political gain in the next upcoming Presidential election.

Wisconsin politicians face specter of fresh recall votes | Reuters

(Reuters) - Republican Governor Scott Walker could headline a cast of Wisconsin lawmakers who may be fighting for their political lives in a sequel next year to last summer's historic state recall elections.

As many as 17 state senators, along with Walker and Lieutenant Governor Rebecca Kleefisch, could face recall battles next summer if activists succeed in efforts to force such votes, according to the state's government accountability board.

Hope it happens. :thup:

I hope they have even less success than last time.

This isn't going to become SOP and it's not purely partisan politics. It's a popular reaction to a radical right-wing agenda that most people never voted for.

This may be true. But then the people should learn their lesson, and get out there and vote come election time.

It's your opinion now? :lol:

You should backpedal some more, dude.

No backpedalling. First of all i was and am projecting that this round of recalls will CONTINUE, i.e. I am predicting future events, where each side starts the recall process upon losing a given set of races. So far the wisconsinites have gone two cycles WITH recalls. When was the last time that happened. I see no reason why a 3rd and 4th rounds will not follow, regardless of the side that starts it.

I see recalls as a waste of money and elected officals time. You might as well just make everyones term 1 year so they know they have to campaign every year.

The current batch of recalls is nothing but partisan temper tantrums on both sides, Dems because their base is threatened, and republicans counterattacking and relying on peoples disgust with the wisconsin's sentators leaving the state in the quorum fight.

None of these officals did anything that warrants a recall. No crime was committed. No massive breach of office was done.

Walker and the WI republicans deserve these recall elections. In a state that historically prides itself on it's pro-Union culture, attempting to destroy the unions without having made that intent clear during the elections, is absolutely radical and dishonest.

The people of Wisconson may have intended to elect a moderately conservative government, but not one that was this extreme. It's doubtful that if the Repugs had made their intention clear, the people of Wisconson would have elected them.

This is the equivalent of a liberal Democrat imposing Stalinism after they got elected.

BTW, the Democrats overturned Republicans in 3 of 7 recall elections, not just 2. There was one recall election about 2 weeks before all the others.

And you deserve your joining the USMB to be recalled, for pretending to be normal when you're just another garden variety, liberal dimwit. You fucking liberals are cry babies and sore losers.

Kick yourself in the nads and STFU.

Should you also be recalled for backing Newt Gingrich for POTUS? If I was doing that I would kick myself in the nads. :lol:

Yup... I'm really hoping he's the republican nominee. There would be nothing sweeter than to watch Gingrich make an absolute BABOON out of odumbo in a debate.

And, frankly, recalls are so rare and so difficult that the fact they won 2 of the seats back was pretty extraordinary.

No, no, Jillian, recalls are now the new automatic trigger for every election result from here on out. Didn't ya hear?

Yup. I'll be starting a recall on the liberals that just got elected on a recall. Non stop recalls. Might as well not have regular elections. We'll just have back to back to back to back recalls, since that's the way you liberals want it.

Forum List

Back