Wisconsin recalls - the sequel

I saw a recall Walker bumper sticker on a run down, rusty, POS little pick up yesterday in a parking lot. I kicked in his window and slit his tires. Felt just like I was part of the OWS crowd.

Wow! You are a douchbag

He's definitely a douchebag. But you don't actually believe him do you? :eusa_eh:

No, not really. Which makes him more of a douchbag.
Dbag is trying to look cool for his "friends".

Best part is, if I neg'd his dbag post he would have cried like a school girl.

You're seemingly ignoring the very large hurdles that must be cleared in order for a recall election to happen. If the people feel strongly enough, then why shouldn't they be allowed?

Because, again, it creates a constant state of election campaigning, reducing the effectiveness of government, because the elected officials have to waste time running for office more than the office requires it.

With current political machines, the "large hurdles" are not really that hard, espeically when out of state organizations champion the cause.

Hey, moron, recalls are super rare. Quit acting like they aren't.

If this keeps up, they will become far more common. They are going for recalls TWO cycles in a row in Wisconsin, when was the last time that happens.

And if you want to start off a response with an insult, bring it you worthless piece of shit. Ive taken craps that have more intellect than you do.

Whore doucebag asshat motherfucker.

So basically in wisconsin politicans have to be in campaign mode all of the time. Recall is supposed to be the option of last resort, for getting rid of a politican who does something bordering on criminal.

That's pretty much the case here. We have a very unusual situation arising from the 2010 election, in which the GOP made huge gains but with the votes of only a little more than 20% of the electorate (a slim majority out of 41% voter turnout). The Republicans acted as if they had a mandate for radical change in some states and pushed through measures that were fiercely opposed by a majority of the people. (They behaved the same in DC, but with control of only one house of Congress they couldn't do as much.)

This isn't going to become SOP and it's not purely partisan politics. It's a popular reaction to a radical right-wing agenda that most people never voted for.

2010 was a reaction to a federal agenda that most people never voted for. But since you're a communist, I have no doubt that elections are an inconvenience that you would rather we scrap... once your chosen ones get into power.

Anyone who supports recalls - other than in extreme circumstances - are partisan hacks who don't like 'losing'. Y'all need to grow the fuck up and recognize that people are entitled to vote whichever way they choose. You don't get a 'do over' just cuz your team didn't win.

I think you should cry some more about it.

Because, again, it creates a constant state of election campaigning, reducing the effectiveness of government, because the elected officials have to waste time running for office more than the office requires it.

With current political machines, the "large hurdles" are not really that hard, espeically when out of state organizations champion the cause.

If this keeps up, they will become far more common. They are going for recalls TWO cycles in a row in Wisconsin, when was the last time that happens.

And if you want to start off a response with an insult, bring it you worthless piece of shit. Ive taken craps that have more intellect than you do.

Care for a tissue, moron?

When you are done cleaning up the drool please cite what the percentage of officials who were elected in Wisconsin in 2008 faced a recall this summer.

Then cite how many in 2010 face a potential recall.

When you realize it's a fraction of a percent you are allowed to crawl back into your hole/

Then make the actual elections every two years, and be done with it. Recalls are a distraction. The aaahnold one in california was a circus, the ones that happened in Wisconsin this year resulted in minimal change. They are a waste of taxpayer money unless the goal is to remove a corrupt politician. Using it for pure political gain is a bastardization of the intent of the ability to recall.

I'm sure the voters of Wisconsin will give your unflattering opinion of them serious consideration when they head to the polls. :lol:

Its less about the voters and more about the whiny children who occupy both parties in the state, and the outside partisan agitators who see this as a way to score cheap points in off election cycles. The KosKids love this crap.

The whole idea of a representative republic is you appoint representatives for a given time. If they do not perform the way you want, you vote them out when they are up for re-election. The idea of a recall was placed due to the insane corruption seen in some state goverments in the old west. It allowed for the people to remove the asshole without having to rely on a state level legal system that was probably just as corrupt as the person being recalled.

To use it just to remove someone, who was elected legally, because you don't like thier politics is a misuse of the system. Again, vote them out when thier time has come.

Edit:

Check em

Doublesguy.jpg

Damn, this is how a democracy works. You hate this don't you, just like all your right wing lemmings work.

I highly doubt Walker will be recalled. The Democratic Party and left wing activists spent over $30 million dollars on those recall elections and all they managed to do was oust a Republican in a heavily Democratic district who in any year other than 2010 probably wouldn't have won the seat to begin with and another who was embroiled in scandal. Ultimately, they still failed to retake the State Senate despite spending far more than most U.S. Senate races. Come next summer any remaining angst over Wisconsin's new public union laws will not be enough to pull Walker out of office, particularly with the presidential election coming up.

They took back two seats earlier.

If he is recalled the election will be before the summer.

Keeping holding out hope for your boy Walker though.

I don't care what happens to Walker. I don't live in Wisconsin. My opinion is predicated on my knowledge of the situation there and historical politics. The fact you don't like him has no bearing on what will happen.

Not everything has to be a partisan issue, you know. :nono:

I'm sure the voters of Wisconsin will give your unflattering opinion of them serious consideration when they head to the polls. :lol:

Its less about the voters and more about the whiny children who occupy both parties in the state, and the outside partisan agitators who see this as a way to score cheap points in off election cycles. The KosKids love this crap.

The whole idea of a representative republic is you appoint representatives for a given time. If they do not perform the way you want, you vote them out when they are up for re-election. The idea of a recall was placed due to the insane corruption seen in some state goverments in the old west. It allowed for the people to remove the asshole without having to rely on a state level legal system that was probably just as corrupt as the person being recalled.

To use it just to remove someone, who was elected legally, because you don't like thier politics is a misuse of the system. Again, vote them out when thier time has come.

Edit:

Check em

Doublesguy.jpg

Damn, this is how a democracy works. You hate this don't you, just like all your right wing lemmings work.

He was elected in a fair, clean election. In the next election, the people of wisconsin can vote his ass out, or even better, elect a lower house of the legislature opposed to his policies.

The possibility of endless recalls in a partisan tit for tat leads to nothing but less efficient government.

When you are done cleaning up the drool please cite what the percentage of officials who were elected in Wisconsin in 2008 faced a recall this summer.

When you realize it's a fraction of a percent you are allowed to crawl back into your hole/

Using all officials in the state as a base number is intellectually false. Considering there is only one governor, there will be 100% recall if the measure passes.

The democrats also seem to want to recall any republican in the senate that is elligible and not in a 100% red district. The only reason they are not going after the lower house is that the house's term is too short to allow for a recall.

But keep being an nternet tough guy. I'm sure being a dick on the internet will make up for the constant beatings you must getXXXXXXX Meister, or barring that, the blow up doll with kung fu grip.

You are playing out of your league fuckwad, back away slowly.

Using all officials in the state as a base number is intellectually false. Considering there is only one governor, there will be 100% recall if the measure passes.

The democrats also seem to want to recall any republican in the senate that is elligible and not in a 100% red district. The only reason they are not going after the lower house is that the house's term is too short to allow for a recall.

But keep being an nternet tough guy. I'm sure being a dick on the internet will make up for the constant beatings you must get XXXXXX Meister, or barring that, the blow up doll with kung fu grip.

No family.

But keep being an nternet tough guy. I'm sure being a dick on the internet will make up for the constant beatings you must get from whatever type of spouse you might have, or barring that, the blow up doll with kung fu grip.

And because 100% of all Wisconsin governors faced a recall after the 2010 election, 100% of all Wisconsin governors in 100% of all future governor elections will have to face a recall.

Out of my league :rofl:

Tell me again about the land of perpetual recall....

....after you get Walker's dick out of your mouth, of course. I mean, if you can cock gobble AND post retarded nonsense online at the same time have at it but I think you might be better off if you took a break.

Wisconsin politicians face specter of fresh recall votes | Reuters

(Reuters) - Republican Governor Scott Walker could headline a cast of Wisconsin lawmakers who may be fighting for their political lives in a sequel next year to last summer's historic state recall elections.

As many as 17 state senators, along with Walker and Lieutenant Governor Rebecca Kleefisch, could face recall battles next summer if activists succeed in efforts to force such votes, according to the state's government accountability board.

This will be a nonstarter unless the unions shove the big bucks at it again. I don't think they're going to do it, seeing how nothing will be able to change because the dems didn't gain control in the state.
I could be wrong, but I doubt it.

Getting a little tired of this recall crap here in Wisconsin. Maybe if the groups wanting a recall of any elected officials had to pay for it, maybe less of this garbage would go on.

So you disagree with Governor Walker's politics? So what, deal with it for the next 3 years, and work on getting a better candidate for the next election cycle.

We had to deal with Dipshit Doyle for many years, you can survive Walker. So your candidate sucked and lost to Walker, cry me a river.

I'm glad I don't watch much TV any more, the political ads are sickening...

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

But keep being an nternet tough guy. I'm sure being a dick on the internet will make up for the constant beatings you must get from whatever type of spouse you might have, or barring that, the blow up doll with kung fu grip.

And because 100% of all Wisconsin governors faced a recall after the 2010 election, 100% of all Wisconsin governors in 100% of all future governor elections will have to face a recall.

....after you get Walker's dick out of your mouth, of course. I mean, if you can cock gobble AND post retarded nonsense online at the same time have at it but I think you might be better off if you took a break.

Ah, homosexual references, how progressive of you. I would think you would be so much more sensitive to your co-democrats, they tend to be sensitive towards homophobic rants.

lets see the democrats tried to recall any sentator that was vulnerable the last cycle.

They are trying to recall every senator that is vulnerable this cycle.

Then the republicans will try the same thing if the dems get a majority in the senate, or manage to win the governor's house.

Also, to the moderators, i apologize for the family reference. however It seems that blow up doll references are OK. Good to know. What about barnyard animals, or small woodland creatures?

We could go into so many other things that Article 15 likes to bugger.

So basically in wisconsin politicans have to be in campaign mode all of the time. Recall is supposed to be the option of last resort, for getting rid of a politican who does something bordering on criminal. Instead Wisconsin is being turned into a reserve of poltical bile, where the partisan divide is kept in the news cycle.

Both sides need to quit it, and stick to defeating people they dont agree with in actual elections.

so you hate the will of the people..

Nope, I just hate having politicans in constant campaign mode, and not doing what they were elected to do. The people have thier will every 1,2,4,6 years, as scheduled.

Recalls, unless for serious corruption, are useless political dramas. Look what it got california.

Walker and the WI republicans deserve these recall elections. In a state that historically prides itself on it's pro-Union culture, attempting to destroy the unions without having made that intent clear during the elections, is absolutely radical and dishonest.

The people of Wisconson may have intended to elect a moderately conservative government, but not one that was this extreme. It's doubtful that if the Repugs had made their intention clear, the people of Wisconson would have elected them.

This is the equivalent of a liberal Democrat imposing Stalinism after they got elected.

BTW, the Democrats overturned Republicans in 3 of 7 recall elections, not just 2. There was one recall election about 2 weeks before all the others.

Ah, homosexual references, how progressive of you. I would think you would be so much more sensitive to your co-democrats, they tend to be sensitive towards homophobic rants.

lets see the democrats tried to recall any sentator that was vulnerable the last cycle.

They are trying to recall every senator that is vulnerable this cycle.

Then the republicans will try the same thing if the dems get a majority in the senate, or manage to win the governor's house.

Also, to the moderators, i apologize for the family reference. however It seems that blow up doll references are OK. Good to know. What about barnyard animals, or small woodland creatures?

We could go into so many other things that Article 15 likes to bugger.

So you have nothing but your imagination and baseless leaps in logic.

Bang up job, guy :thup:

Walker and the WI republicans deserve these recall elections. In a state that historically prides itself on it's pro-Union culture, attempting to destroy the unions without having made that intent clear during the elections, is absolutely radical and dishonest.

The people of Wisconson may have intended to elect a moderately conservative government, but not one that was this extreme. It's doubtful that if the Repugs had made their intention clear, the people of Wisconson would have elected them.

This is the equivalent of a liberal Democrat imposing Stalinism after they got elected.

BTW, the Democrats overturned Republicans in 3 of 7 recall elections, not just 2. There was one recall election about 2 weeks before all the others.

And you deserve your joining the USMB to be recalled, for pretending to be normal when you're just another garden variety, liberal dimwit. You fucking liberals are cry babies and sore losers.

Kick yourself in the nads and STFU.

Absolutely.

Forum List

Back