Wisconsin Recall of GOP Senators Efforts Ahead of Schedule

Article 15

Dr. House slayer
Jul 4, 2008
In another sign that the Wisconsin GOP’s quick passage of the bill to roll back bargaining rights is only causing the fight to escalate, Dems have now collected over 45 percent of the signatures necessary to hold recall elections for eight GOP state senators, the Wisconsin Democratic Party tells me.

Dems have now collected over 56,000 signatures supporting the recall drives, according to party spokesman Graeme Zielinski, after another surge in organizing activity over the weekend. That’s up from rougly 14,000 after last weekend. This means Dems are well ahead of schedule: In each targeted district, Dems need to amass the required signatures — 25 percent of the number who voted in the last gubernatorial election — by a deadline of 60 days after first filing for recalls, which happened nearly two weeks ago.

In other words, Dems are reporting they are nearly halfway to the finish line, with roughly three-fourths of the alloted time remaining.

Nearly half of signatures collected for recall of Wisconsin GOP state senators, Dems say - The Plum Line - The Washington Post

Hey Art, I got some straws for you to clutch at.

images

well sheesh, you wonder why there is no reporting on how the recall of the 14 Fleebaggers is coming.

It surly couldn't be because of that UNBIASED Lamestream media.

If I were the Reps I would publicize and print all the sweetheart deals the Dems granted to the Unions.

Interesting reading on another thread.

If I were a WI taxpayer I'd be looking to recall anybody who approved of those deals.

Reporting that nearly half the sigs needed have been gathered in 15 days when they have 60 to do it is grasping at straws :lol:

I can smell your fear.

#1... Blog
#2... "Dems tell me"

This has no corroboration, whatsoever

Yes, nothing to see here.

Nothing at all.

Might as well post a quote by a drunken shit talker at a bar, as some factual data...

When there is corroborated data, it'll actually be news... otherwise... this is unsubstantiated hyper-partisan hot air from a blogger

Yeah let's get 'em ALL on the ballot and let's have a vote from the public. Results are predictable, given last election.

I cool wit dat. I disagree with your opinion on the outcome but yeah ... put 'em all back up.
Well, the theory is that Dem voters will be "energized" now, and won't sit home like they're alleged to have done last time.

"Energizing" works both ways though, in a deal like this. It's a double-edged sword.

Forum List

Back