Wisconsin public sector workers under compensated

they cant.

The right leadership wants to end this countries government and its power to protect the people.

They want us owned by the corporations.

Right leaning voters help them by believing their propaganda sources and voting for their own enslavement

Please link us to your source with this. It sounds a lot like TDM bullshit. :eusa_whistle:

So, make your teachers work for peanuts, with crappy benefits, no job security, and no power to negotiate anything better...

...and then try to attract the best and brightest to become Wisconsin teachers.

{Still, they also acknowledged that their own single-year figures for 2008-09 were actually worse than the statistics released by the state, with a lower graduation rate and a higher dropout rate.

According to the statistics released by the California Department of Education, 69.6 percent of LAUSD's students graduated high school in four years in 2008-09, compared to 72.4 percent in 2007-08.

The same data shows that just under a third - 29.6 percent - of LAUSD's students dropped out in 2008-09, compared to 26.4 percent in 2007-08.

Using their own student data, however, LAUSD officials say 52 percent of their high school students graduated in four years in 2008-09. But they said that was a gain from 2007-08, when just 46 percent of high school students graduated in four years.}

LAUSD dropout rate is on the rise - LA Daily News

Best and brightest?

So, make your teachers work for peanuts, with crappy benefits, no job security, and no power to negotiate anything better...

Actually, if were up to me, I'd ring fence 'good' teachers (not all teachers, but I would reward successful teachers), fire and police. They are necessary and valuable to the country and the state. The rest.... I'd be looking to cut the crap.

Different places do things differently. My experience is that police, fire, and teachers salaries are locally funded and are generally unaffected by state budget matters.

see post immediately preceding yours.

tia

Why? There's nothing in that post. Can you prove that lowering teachers' pay and benefits, and taking away their right to negotiate collectively has ever, anywhere, produced a better quality of teacher and a better quality of education?

Be specific.

are teachers the only public workers, fuckwit? run your *it's for the children* bullshit on someone who might believe it.

TM's still logged on.

:thup:

TDM, public worker's have a good benefit package when hired on, people like these jobs because of the security that comes with the job. There are unions that go with a lot of the public sector jobs. That means when they retire, they get a very generous retirement package, not just SS. Taxpayers are flippin' the bill on the retirement for the most part, and is based on their salary when they worked. So they do quite well, and maybe even better than the private sector, when all said and done.

Can you prove that the average public school teacher with a masters degree does better than the average private sector worker with a masters degree?

Actually, if were up to me, I'd ring fence 'good' teachers (not all teachers, but I would reward successful teachers), fire and police. They are necessary and valuable to the country and the state. The rest.... I'd be looking to cut the crap.

Public education is a conflict of interest. (Read my sig)

When the government sets the curriculum, the purpose and focus of education will by necessity be the promotion and perpetuation of government and the bureaucracies therein.

"Public Education" is every bit as much of an anathema to a free society as "Public Churches" with compulsory attendance.

Press Releases | News from EPI: EPI study finds, Wisconsin public-sector workers under-compensated

A new Economic Policy Institute study released this week finds that full-time state and local government employees in Wisconsin are undercompensated by 8.2%, when compared to otherwise similar private-sector workers. By using a comprehensive database that is updated monthly by the U.S. Census Bureau and Bureau of Labor Statistics, the study provides an accurate comparison of public- and private-sector compensation in Wisconsin.

The analysis, Are Wisconsin Public Employees Over-compensated? by Labor and Employment Relations Professor Jeffrey Keefe of Rutgers University, controls for education, experience, hours of work, organizational size, gender, race, ethnicity, experience, citizenship and disability. The study uses data collected primarily from the National Compensation Survey, and in accordance with standard survey practice, focuses on year-round, full-time public and private-sector employees.
Obviously that doesn't include benefits and other forms of compensation. Regardless, all government employees should be compensated between the 30th and 55th percentiles of equivalent private market positions, based on skills and duties, not titles.

Oh, and is pension included in that 'undercompensation'? As someone who has family getting WEAC pensions, I damn well know it's one of the best in the nation. Undercompensated? Hardly.

BTW, if WEAC didn't take so much in union dues to buy elections in WI, this would be less of a problem. About goddamn time they had their back broken.

These egyptian style protests only go to prove that they are out of control. Forcing schools to close so they can keep feeding like greedy pigs at the public trough? Bugger that shit.

Last edited:
Wisconsin public versus private employee costs: Why compare apples to oranges?

we find that Wisconsin public employees earn 4.8% less in total compensation than comparable private sector workers. The comparisons—controlling for education, experience, hours of work, organizational size, gender, race, ethnicity, citizenship, and disability—demonstrate that full-time state and local public employees earn lower wages and receive less in total compensation (including all benefits) than comparable private sector employees.

Read the study

I know you have no idea what the word deficit means, TDM.....but for the rest of you, this may have some relevance.

Wisconsin's deficit is growing, officials say

Madison — State government's $5 billion budget deficit is growing, although no official on Monday would estimate the size of the new shortfall.

At a National Governors' Association event in Milwaukee on Monday, Gov. Jim Doyle said the numbers are going to get worse, and that's true all over the country, according to Doyle spokeswoman Carla Vigue.

Meanwhile, leaders of the state's largest cities were told Monday by the Alliance of Cities that the budget deficit could grow by an additional $1 billion.
Wisconsin's deficit is growing, officials say - JSOnline

Wisconsin public versus private employee costs: Why compare apples to oranges?

we find that Wisconsin public employees earn 4.8% less in total compensation than comparable private sector workers. The comparisons—controlling for education, experience, hours of work, organizational size, gender, race, ethnicity, citizenship, and disability—demonstrate that full-time state and local public employees earn lower wages and receive less in total compensation (including all benefits) than comparable private sector employees.

Read the study

It includes all bennies guys

The problem with economic collapse is that people think they and their pet causes should be immune.

No one is nor should be. Particularly those who were the biggest parasites and drove us to this economic mess.

Public education is a conflict of interest. (Read my sig)

When the government sets the curriculum, the purpose and focus of education will by necessity be the promotion and perpetuation of government and the bureaucracies therein.

"Public Education" is every bit as much of an anathema to a free society as "Public Churches" with compulsory attendance.

I agree, in theory.... in practice... I am not prepared to write off a generation of kids for politics. That's just me. I'd protect the absolutely vital public sector workers and let the rest fight for work, just like the rest of us have to.

TDM, public worker's have a good benefit package when hired on, people like these jobs because of the security that comes with the job. There are unions that go with a lot of the public sector jobs. That means when they retire, they get a very generous retirement package, not just SS. Taxpayers are flippin' the bill on the retirement for the most part, and is based on their salary when they worked. So they do quite well, and maybe even better than the private sector, when all said and done.

Can you prove that the average public school teacher with a masters degree does better than the average private sector worker with a masters degree?

Can you prove that the average private sector teacher has better job security, benefit package (including health insurance) and retirement than a public teacher?

I can prove that the public church preacher - oops - public school teacher (seriously, what's the difference?) makes VASTLY more than a private school teacher with a masters degree.

I can prove that public schools are ineffective and don't produce a quality product. Why should they? Their job is to institutionalize children, certainly not to educate them nor teach them to think critically. Quite the opposite, public schools seek to stifle curiosity and ingrain compliance and obedience. This is why public schools are operated nearly identically to prisons. Teach children how to exist in an institutional life. Hey, after 12 years of public mal-education, they may not be able to read, write or solve equations, but they're ready for prison!

Forum List

Back