Wisconsin public sector workers under compensated

You dont run our country.

Its a matter of democracy.

The vast majority of Americans dont want their government cut by 90%

So, make your teachers work for peanuts, with crappy benefits, no job security, and no power to negotiate anything better...

...and then try to attract the best and brightest to become Wisconsin teachers.

They scream the government cant do anything right and then want to make sure it cant by making it happen with their policies.

So, make your teachers work for peanuts, with crappy benefits, no job security, and no power to negotiate anything better...

Actually, if were up to me, I'd ring fence 'good' teachers (not all teachers, but I would reward successful teachers), fire and police. They are necessary and valuable to the country and the state. The rest.... I'd be looking to cut the crap.

some Americans hate their government.

Does that make it better government?

Nope it doesnt.

Hating your government and wanting it dismatled is not going to make it better

see post immediately preceding yours.

tia

Why? There's nothing in that post. Can you prove that lowering teachers' pay and benefits, and taking away their right to negotiate collectively has ever, anywhere, produced a better quality of teacher and a better quality of education?

Be specific.

{The Economic Policy Institute is a "nonpartisan but progressive"[1] non-profit American think tank that was created in 1986. According to EPI's website, the institute was established to "broaden the discussion about economic policy to include the interests of low- and middle-income workers.}

Economic Policy Institute - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Since you are on welfare in a public job, how much should you pay toward your healthcare?

Wisconsin wants the public employees to pay 12.5%

I pay 25% of mine - as do nearly all private sector workers. (So is EPI lying? Good far left group that it is?)

Wisconsin want the "workers" on the public dole to pay 50% of their retirement.

I get a 50% on money I put in my 401K up to 6% - i.e. if I pay 6%, the company adds 3%

This is standard.

Why should government workers get so much more than those who pay their bills?

they cant.

The right leadership wants to end this countries government and its power to protect the people.

They want us owned by the corporations.

Right leaning voters help them by believing their propaganda sources and voting for their own enslavement

Actually, if were up to me, I'd ring fence 'good' teachers (not all teachers, but I would reward successful teachers), fire and police. They are necessary and valuable to the country and the state. The rest.... I'd be looking to cut the crap.

Teaching requires a four year (and NY eventually a masters) degree. Teaching already pays on average much less than the average profession requiring the same level of education.
You can't make teaching an even less lucrative career choice than it already is and expect the best and brightest to become teachers.

If on the other hand you don't value education of our future generations that much, if you think that falling behind the rest of the world is no big deal, then, of course,

pay teachers crap and enjoy your savings.

You dont run our country.

Its a matter of democracy.

The vast majority of Americans dont want their government cut by 90%

It's a republic.

If the public had any idea of what we pay for, they would.

Who hear would miss the California DOT "Chief Bicycle Coordinator" and the 85 people who report to her? (and will retire after 20 years with 85% salary for life!)

Most government jobs are "make work" at best - it's little more than welfare.

What government position do you hold? Do you think ANYONE - ONE PERSON would voluntarily pay to keep your position? If not, you're on welfare.

TDM, public worker's have a good benefit package when hired on, people like these jobs because of the security that comes with the job. There are unions that go with a lot of the public sector jobs. That means when they retire, they get a very generous retirement package, not just SS. Taxpayers are flippin' the bill on the retirement for the most part, and is based on their salary when they worked. So they do quite well, and maybe even better than the private sector, when all said and done.

{The Economic Policy Institute is a "nonpartisan but progressive"[1] non-profit American think tank that was created in 1986. According to EPI's website, the institute was established to "broaden the discussion about economic policy to include the interests of low- and middle-income workers.}

Economic Policy Institute - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Since you are on welfare in a public job, how much should you pay toward your healthcare?

lol, Uncensored gives a shout out to our men and women in uniform!!!!

Wisconsin public versus private employee costs: Why compare apples to oranges?

we find that Wisconsin public employees earn 4.8% less in total compensation than comparable private sector workers. The comparisons—controlling for education, experience, hours of work, organizational size, gender, race, ethnicity, citizenship, and disability—demonstrate that full-time state and local public employees earn lower wages and receive less in total compensation (including all benefits) than comparable private sector employees.

Read the study

New Topics

Forum List

Back