Wisconsin protest has lost a LOT of steam

Mini 14

Jun 6, 2010
I had a feeling yesterday's "break" would take a lot of the wind out of their sales, and it apparently has.

I suspect it will pick back up again tomorrow, as the Governor begins sending out the pink slips. Supposedly 2000 to be laid off this week, unless they get a quorum first.

And Democrats should be blamed for every single one of those pink slips. If they had not run like children, stayed and voted, those pink slips would not have gone out.

Democrats are costing the middle class jobs. It's on their shoulders. The R governor found a way to afford these employees without layoffs or higher taxes, but Dem's cried like children about it. Now? Pink slips in the mail. Good job Dems.

It's going to be interesting to listen to the spin from this episode come the next elections in Wisconsin. Democrats will rail about the Republicans destroying their system and Republicans will rail about the greed of the public employees and teachers. Should be a lively old time there in Wisconsin leading up to the next election. Wonder if anyone will mention the fact that the Democratic Senators all fled the State like spoiled little children... "Let me make the rules or I won't play the game..". I used to hear this on the playground all the time as a kid. Never thought I would see it in action from adult elected officials who only have a job because someone elected them into office. I think they should all be immediately fired if it was possible to do that.

It's going to be interesting to listen to the spin from this episode come the next elections in Wisconsin. Democrats will rail about the Republicans destroying their system and Republicans will rail about the greed of the public employees and teachers. Should be a lively old time there in Wisconsin leading up to the next election. Wonder if anyone will mention the fact that the Democratic Senators all fled the State like spoiled little children... "Let me make the rules or I won't play the game..". I used to hear this on the playground all the time as a kid. Never thought I would see it in action from adult elected officials who only have a job because someone elected them into office. I think they should all be immediately fired if it was possible to do that.

Has anyone started a recall petition? I know Wisconsin Law allows for it after 1 year of service, and I seem to remember reading that 4 (maybe more) of the 14 met that qualification.

I had a feeling yesterday's "break" would take a lot of the wind out of their sales, and it apparently has.

I suspect it will pick back up again tomorrow, as the Governor begins sending out the pink slips. Supposedly 2000 to be laid off this week, unless they get a quorum first.

One Hundred Thousand People Is Losing Steam? Get Real.

http://interactive.foxnews.com/livestream/live.html?chanId=2

If that's 100,000, I'm the King of England.

Keep dreaming.

This is never going to stop until the right stops trying to take rightss away from Americans

Keep dreaming.

This is never going to stop until the right stops trying to take rightss away from Americans

Taking "Rights from Americans??

Jeeze. I've never seen in the Constitution that Collective Bargaining was a Right??

You'll have to dig right in and show me where it says that TDM.

I'll wait.

I watched the live stream for 1 full minute just now. I counted 24 people, and I'm pretty sure I counted one of them twice, but we'll give it a margin of error.

The larger drummer is getting tired :)

He'll probably reduce hours first; that way everyone can get a feel for the impact of the problem before actually reducing personnel. But personnel reductions will be in the back of everyone’s mind.

The union will continue to say that any reductions would be made unnecessary if he’d only raise taxes on the “very wealthy.”

Keep dreaming.

Taking "Rights from Americans??

Jeeze. I've never seen in the Constitution that Collective Bargaining was a Right??

You'll have to dig right in and show me where it says that TDM.

I'll wait.

Do the public employees now posses teh right to collective bargaining?

Does Walker want to take that right from them?

He'll probably reduce hours first; that way everyone can get a feel for the impact of the problem before actually reducing personnel. But personnel reductions will be in the back of everyone’s mind.

The union will continue to say that any reductions would be made unnecessary if he’d only raise taxes on the “very wealthy.”

Why did he unbalence the buget by giving the corps more money?

Why did he unbalence the buget by giving the corps more money?
A tax break isn't "giving" anyone any money, it's not taking it from them in the first place. A concept long lost to you.

Its sure is.

They were paying a certain amount in taxes and he gave them a tax break which unblanece the state budget and then blamed his own populace for the debt he made happen

Its sure is.

They were paying a certain amount in taxes and he gave them a tax break which unblanece the state budget and then blamed his own populace for the debt he made happen

So if I put assault rifles on sale, the discount I apply is taken out of my drawer and given to who?

Now that people have begun to check out, the State Capital Hotel & Resort can start sending out bills for room and board.

This was yesterday when they were asked to leave:

Reporter Mike Tobin Harassed, Attacked - Fox News Video - FoxNews.com

And this is this morning:

FOX News Live Stream

Did they leave of their own accord or because the police cleared them out?

Both. The police asked them to leave, most did. Those that did not were allowed to stay.

I'm sure they'll be back tomorrow, or Wednesday at the latest, but they're obviously tired this morning.

Except for the little drummer boy.

Forum List

Back