Wisconsin Parents Get Probation Plus Jail in Daughter's Prayer Death

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Sep 2, 2008
Wisconsin Parents Get Probation Plus Jail in Daughter's Prayer Death - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News - FOXNews.com

A judge sentenced a Wisconsin couple to 10 years probation and 30 days a year in jail for the next six years for praying instead of seeking medical care for their dying 11-year-old daughter.

They deserved more.

I can't believe they actually did this:

The girl died of complications from undiagnosed diabetes on the floor of the family's home while people around her prayed. Someone called an ambulance after she stopped breathing.

Prosecutors argued the parents should have rushed the girl to a hospital because she couldn't walk, talk, eat or drink.

Ah one of the downsides of religion. Make people believe that medical care is worthless when you have the "power of prayer." If the power of prayer worked like it's suppose to, the Cubs would of won a World Series a long time ago. :eusa_eh:

Wisconsin Parents Get Probation Plus Jail in Daughter's Prayer Death - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News - FOXNews.com

A judge sentenced a Wisconsin couple to 10 years probation and 30 days a year in jail for the next six years for praying instead of seeking medical care for their dying 11-year-old daughter.

They deserved more.

The girl died of complications from undiagnosed diabetes on the floor of the family's home while people around her prayed. Someone called an ambulance after she stopped breathing.

Prosecutors argued the parents should have rushed the girl to a hospital because she couldn't walk, talk, eat or drink.

Ah one of the downsides of religion. Make people believe that medical care is worthless when you have the "power of prayer." If the power of prayer worked like it's suppose to, the Cubs would of won a World Series a long time ago. :eusa_eh:

Religion does not promote a believe that medicine does not work. These are just dumb fucks probably delusional and deceived by some fly by night pastor.

Jehovah Witness's do not believe blood should be intermingled ever. BUT they worked with doctors and helped create a substitute liquid that can be used by the religion for major operations and needs for blood work. I know of no main stream christian religion that advocates withholding medical treatment from its members.

Religion does not promote a believe that medicine does not work. These are just dumb fucks probably delusional and deceived by some fly by night pastor.

Jehovah Witness's do not believe blood should be intermingled ever. BUT they worked with doctors and helped create a substitute liquid that can be used by the religion for major operations and needs for blood work. I know of no main stream christian religion that advocates withholding medical treatment from its members.

I'd sure hope no religion does. Though I'm still wondering where these dumb fucks got the idea that prayer would solve anything.

I know all about the Jehovah Witness's no intermingling of blood. Saw it on an episode of House M.D I think it was and then researched it further.

Personally, these fools deserved more time.

OREGON CITY, Ore. — A couple whose church preaches against medical care are facing criminal charges after their young daughter died of an infection that authorities said went untreated.

Carl and Raylene Worthington were indicted Friday on charges of manslaughter and criminal mistreatment in the death of their 15-month-old daughter Ava. They belong to the Followers of Christ Church, whose members have a history of treating gravely ill children only with prayer.

Ava died March 2 of bronchial pneumonia and a blood infection. The state medical examiner's office has said she could have been treated with antibiotics.

Dr. Christopher Young, a deputy state medical examiner, said the child's breathing was further hampered by a benign cyst on her neck that had never been medically addressed, The Oregonian reported.

Laws passed in the 1990s struck down legal shields for faith-healing parents after the deaths of several children whose parents were members of the fundamentalist church.

Read more at: Parents Indicted In Faith-Healing Death

Unfortunetly, this is far more prevelant than one would like to believe.

They deserved more.

Church of Christ, Scientist.
Christian Science - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

They don't forbid medical treatment, but it's suggested that anything can be healed through prayer alone.

OREGON CITY, Ore. — A couple whose church preaches against medical care are facing criminal charges after their young daughter died of an infection that authorities said went untreated.

Carl and Raylene Worthington were indicted Friday on charges of manslaughter and criminal mistreatment in the death of their 15-month-old daughter Ava. They belong to the Followers of Christ Church, whose members have a history of treating gravely ill children only with prayer.

Ava died March 2 of bronchial pneumonia and a blood infection. The state medical examiner's office has said she could have been treated with antibiotics.

Dr. Christopher Young, a deputy state medical examiner, said the child's breathing was further hampered by a benign cyst on her neck that had never been medically addressed, The Oregonian reported.

Laws passed in the 1990s struck down legal shields for faith-healing parents after the deaths of several children whose parents were members of the fundamentalist church.

Read more at: Parents Indicted In Faith-Healing Death

Unfortunetly, this is far more prevelant than one would like to believe.

I personally know a member of that church. They do have some strange beliefs.

Hm another screwball sect like the stupid snake handlers in Kentucky? Have these bozos never read "Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God."?

I just feel sorry for the kids, who have no say in their own medical care.

No child should die of a diabetic coma, and no child should die from bacteremia that could have been easily treated with anti-biotics.

Forum List

Back