Wisconsin Lt. Gov Candidate Rebecca Kleefisch Health Care Hypocrisy

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Sep 2, 2008
Wisconsin GOP lieutenant governor candidate Rebecca Kleefisch praises, criticizes state health care | greenbaypressgazette.com | Green Bay Press Gazette

MADISON — Wisconsin Republican lieutenant governor candidate Rebecca Kleefisch, diagnosed with cancer a month ago, touts the treatments she received under her state-subsidized insurance plan at the same time she rails against government-run health care in a new television ad.

In the ad, which began airing statewide Tuesday, Kleefisch doesn't mention that her cancer treatments were paid for through the state-subsidized health insurance plan of her husband, state Rep. Joel Kleefisch, a Republican from Oconomowoc.

But Kleefisch does say that "thanks to the highest quality health care system in the world, I won my battle with cancer." Kleefisch pays $85 per month for her health insurance with the rest of the cost, $1,722, paid by the state.

It's the greatest health care system in the world, if you can afford it.

Shocking. Seems to be going around these days.

Joe Miller, the Republican nominee in Alaska's tight Senate race, admitted Thursday that his family received federally subsidized healthcare benefits through programs he considers unconstitutional.

Miller, a father of eight who's running on a platform of fiscal conservatism, said his family received health benefits through Medicaid and Denali Care, Alaska's Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP), which is funded primarily with federal dollars, the Anchorage Daily News reported Thursday.

Shocking. Seems to be going around these days.

Joe Miller, the Republican nominee in Alaska's tight Senate race, admitted Thursday that his family received federally subsidized healthcare benefits through programs he considers unconstitutional.

Miller, a father of eight who's running on a platform of fiscal conservatism, said his family received health benefits through Medicaid and Denali Care, Alaska's Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP), which is funded primarily with federal dollars, the Anchorage Daily News reported Thursday.

Reminds me of the "Keep the government out of health care, take your hands off my medicare!" folk.

Government employees get their choice of Caddilac private insurance, often with little or no out of pocket

That's not what Obamacare is.

Getting sick and having private health insurance does not disqualify you from opposing government run healthcare.

I also like this one about Ron Johnson in Wisconsin. He's running to repeal the health care law--an assault on personal freedoms, of course--but promises to retain the guaranteed issue provision that the mandate was introduced to make possible.

The businessman also said he would keep the provision that prevents insurance companies from denying coverage on the basis of pre-existing conditions. After all, he said, his adult daughter was born with a serious heart condition, and even now her heart is backward.

"Every voter in Wisconsin can be sure that I'll protect people with pre-existing conditions, that they will be able to maintain coverage," he said.

Cognitive dissonance seems to be the order of the day.

I also like this one about Ron Johnson in Wisconsin. He's running to repeal the health care law--an assault on personal freedoms, of course--but promises to retain the guaranteed issue provision that the mandate was introduced to make possible.

The businessman also said he would keep the provision that prevents insurance companies from denying coverage on the basis of pre-existing conditions. After all, he said, his adult daughter was born with a serious heart condition, and even now her heart is backward.

"Every voter in Wisconsin can be sure that I'll protect people with pre-existing conditions, that they will be able to maintain coverage," he said.

Cognitive dissonance seems to be the order of the day.

I don't think a lot of people in politics at least, who oppose the mandate understand why the mandate was put in the first place. Ron Johnson clearly doesn't.

Obamacare is already crashing private insurance. The only portions working were waived.

So Joe Miller was on Medicaid and got off it. Big fucking deal. That doesn't mean he can't oppose forcing more Americans to depend on it.

Obamacare doesn't quit meddling with private insurance after pre-existing conditions.

In Johnson's case, his daughter was born that way and private insurance covered it with no mandate

Forum List

Back