Wisconsin GOP Senators Aren't Going Wobbly

TheSeeker

Mar 4, 2011
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
A local NBC affiliate in Eau Claire, Wisconsin and Stephen Moore of the Wall Street Journal reported yesterday that Republicans in Wisconsin are worried that a few GOP state senators are "wavering" or "going wobbly" and may be willing to strike a deal with Democrats on the budget repair bill.

But state senator Alberta Darling, a Republican targeted for recall by unions, tells THE WEEKLY STANDARD that she's standing strong--and so are her colleagues.

"I am very much committed to doing what I said I would do," says Darling of efforts to balance the budget without raising taxes. She says that limiting collective bargaining to wages is "necessary to get our fiscal house in order."

Is there any indication that a few of her colleagues might be willing to compromise on collective bargaining? "No, no, we're solid," she says, pointing out that the other day 18 of the 19 senate Republicans attended a unity press conference with governor Walker. "I don't know how they would strike a deal if we [only] have 1 person out of 19 who wants to strike a deal."Darling says she's "absolutely" prepared to defend the bill and her vote if she faces a recall election this summer.

"Am I concerned [about a recall election]? Of course. Will it change my vote? No. I mean let's face it. What do I have? I have my integrity," says Darling. "As an elected official all I have is my integrity. "

Source: Wisconsin GOP Senators Aren't Going Wobbly, Says Republican Targeted for Recall | The Weekly Standard

But state senator Alberta Darling, a Republican targeted for recall by unions, tells THE WEEKLY STANDARD that she's standing strong--and so are her colleagues.

But what else is she going to say publicly? "Well it's possible we'll reconsider our position on CBR, and there is a growing schism in our ranks about how to resolve this issue." That's not how you play the game. We just don't know what's really going on behind closed doors. My bullshit guess is some kind of CBR restriction with a mandatory sunset gets pushed through.

The Wisconsin GOP has been lead into a pit by Gov Walker that they can't get out of.

They were assured by fellow Republicans that they would be fully supported on this and that they would be setting a precident that other states would follow. Once public opinion turned sour they have been hung out to dry

The public supports teachers, firemen and policemen. The public backs collective bargaining.

Now who are the bad guys???

The Wisconsin GOP has been lead into a pit by Gov Walker that they can't get out of.

They were assured by fellow Republicans that they would be fully supported on this and that they would be setting a precident that other states would follow. Once public opinion turned sour they have been hung out to dry

The public supports teachers, firemen and policemen. The public backs collective bargaining.

And what pit is that? Administering to the Taxpayers that voted them in to DO what they are?

Take some more methane treatments Sewerboy.:cuckoo:

From news reports, it sounds more like the Fleebaggers are the ones most likely to cave.

They've already cost the taxpayers of Wisconsin $165 million as of last Tuesday.

And, they are in Contempt of the Senate, their Aides have been laid-off, as well as being fined $100 per day for every day they are in hiding, not doing their jobs.

And what pit is that? Administering to the Taxpayers that voted them in to DO what they are?

Take some more methane treatments Sewerboy.:cuckoo:

That would be the pit they dug in assuming they could do anything they want and the public would support them. The public support is gone and the Republicans are hung out to dry

Forum List

Back