Wisconsin contractor fired for 'pro-Walker' sticker

Why does the right want to give businesses the right to fire any employee for any reason yet they get all pissy when its done?

Last edited:
while he shouldnt have been fired, um, conservatives have told me on here that you should be able to be fired for anything and everything.....

SHE, not he. Another one who posts without reading.

EDIT:

BTW... if your in my office, proselyting or politicizing, regardless of the religion or political party... I'd fire you. If however, your car has a bumper sticker I disagree with, I would not. There's a difference.

meh so what.....Thats your problem? I said he and not she while i said she shouldnt be fired

way to ignore the rest of the post, dipshit.

you have a very high opinion of yourself, don't you.

Too bad no one else shares that opinion.

Decepticon is a lonely nitwit, the Prick has a mirror in every room to keep himself company.

Let me know when you have anything of SUBSTANCE to say, willya Fatman ?
Do YOU go around thinking you're a vigilante too? Your avatar suggests you approve of vigilante justice. But, Batman never shot anyone to death, did he? Looks like your hero kinda dropped the ball and went all pansy and took the easy way out, huh?

Hey rump wrangler, you got schooled.

REALITY?
When the hell have CONZ given a SHIT about reality?
"Reagan proved deficits don't matter" How's that for an embrace of reality?
Don't discuss reality with me unless you're serious about it.
Wanna talk tax cuts creating jobs or tricking down wealth?
Wanna talk middle class wages?
Wanna talk tax cuts and executive compensation versus worker compensation?
Wanna talk Iraq WMDs?
Wanna talk about how Iraqi oil paid for the war?
Wanna talk about how this woman was treated unfairly for her appearance but Trayvon had it coming for wearing a hoodie?

I already asked for the part of the first amendment or any wisconsin law that would protect this woman and no CON has come forward. Can't get anymore reality based than that.

So if she was fired legally, what's your bitch?
People get fired all the time for being assholes and not doing what their bosses tell them.
You think you CONZ are special somehow? That you deserve MORE protection for your idiotic ideas than the rest of us? Grow the fuck up. Quit being little bitches, crying in your sundresses over your spilled juice box.
We can discuss anything you wish, Democrats havent told the truth about any single issue in my lifetime. But if you think you can do battle because I am a repub you would be mistaken and owned thoroughly.

Give it your best shot pussy.

Name an issue dems lied about and I'll show you 10 republican lies about it.

Go on. Give one instance of dems substantially misrepresenting an issue. Go ahead. I'll wait while you fail utterly.

“The Obama administration has consistently blocked America’s energy production.” — Speaker John Boehner, March 10, 2011
“These resources are being kept out of reach because of an intense regulatory bias and radical environmental activists — both in the administration and elsewhere.” — Chairman of the Oversight and Government Oversight Committee Rep. Darrell Issa, May 12, 2011
“He is diminishing and decreasing the amount of energy in our market domestically and that, of course, resulting in prices that are rising and gas having doubled since he has been in office.” — Sarah Palin, May 6, 2011
“I would reverse Obama’s entire pattern of being anti-American energy. I would start by saying drill here — drill now, pay less.” — Newt Gingrich, May 12, 2011
“The decisions that the President is making on energy, and has been making since the beginning of his administration, has made it very clear that America is not interested in developing our own energy resources.” — Mitt Romney, April 25, 2011
“This is a president who has sat on his hands as it relates to drilling. You know, we’ve got a country that’s got some enormous energy assets that are not being exploited or leveraged to the benefit of our country and to our people.” — Tim Pawlenty, April 25, 2011

Yet...oil production is up 11% from the Bush years.
USA_Change_2008_to_2011a.jpg

Gee, that appears to be the SAME LIE, told by 5 fat-fucking CONZ, wouldn't it?

Now, perhaps you can do what I just did and prove where say 3 dems all told the same lie?
I'll wait while you call me a name and then fail.
Oil production doesn't mean shit when the overbearing federal regulations and an accountable to no one EPA make rules that result in refiners of oil cannot turn a profit.
We just lost a 350k barrel per day refinery in Philadelphia because the owner could not find a buyer.....for TWO YEARS.
We do not have an oil production problem. We have a refining bottleneck.
Can we harvest our own oil? Yes. Should we? Absolutely. Anything to cut out nations unfriendly to our interests.
Now, federal regulations, political concerns and other EPA roadblocks are preventing
the US from becoming the richest nation on the planet.
The Obama administration has an anti fossil fuel agenda. That's a fact.
So please, stop posting these charts because they actually injure your position.

Refiners are shutting down refineries due to too much supply.
Why are Refineries Closing Down - A Barrel Full

And in case you didn't notice, you fucking low grade moron...we're EXPORTING REFINED GASOLINE MORE THAN EVER IN OUR HISTORY? Why do you think that is?

images

So, you were wrong about federal regulations hampering refiners.

As for harvesting our "own" oil? Does it go on the international market? Sure does. So that doesn't matter.

Seriously. You are dead wrong on just about every statement you've made.
Where did you get this stuff?

Why don't you point to the regulation that makes it impossible for refineries to turn a profit? Give me the reg and what it does and how it makes it unnecessarily harder or onerous to turn a profit ?
I'll wait while you don't.

LOOK AT THIS CHART!

a3dba8685b992772502c41db9e3e4f8d.png

YOU stated that regulations are preventing companies from turning a profit and kept a refinery from being sold. Yet, that chart would seem to suggest that how PROFITABLE a refining company is depends more on how well the company is RUN. Especially considering they all have to play by the same overburdening rules.

Go and educate yourself before you come off as a bigger fool than you've already made yourself look.

I wonder....did you know you were lying? Or were you ignorant of all the facts I just posted?
Perhaps you better do some more research and stay away from right wing sources of information who are no better than you were at presenting the truth?

Last edited:
Obama vote got T.G.I. guy fired: suit
This is just as wrong. No one should be fired because of who they voted for... or who they have a bumper sticker for.

Or for wearing orange...we agree. Right to work proponents don't.

U.S. News - Law firm employees: We were fired for wearing orange shirts for happy hour

no where near enough detail on the case in that article. HOWEVER, before you start in on me.. I agree with you. All things being equal, it is ridiculous to fire them because they wore orange shirts. As for the whole protest angle, I would think they'd need some proof of participation, other than the color shirt being worn.

Is that enough outrage, or do I need to show more?

Nope. Plenty enough outrage. ;)

Like I said, we are in agreement that it is ludicrous to be fired for things like colored shirts and bumper stickers. I don't believe you should be able to fire someone for any reason other than poor performance or policy violation, but right to work states don't agree.

I'm sure this thread is breathtakingly fascinating, but having taken a moment to check the facts,

I found this:

Diversified Building Maintenance manager Joan Dedolph contends that she never told the employee she was fired.

"I spoke with the Whitewater Unified School District Administration and we are both in agreement our staff has every right to have the 'I Support Walker' sign in their personal vehicles," she said.

Dedolph said "our employee" (presumably Taylor) never lost her job over this and still has her job.

Janitor pressed about pro-Walker sign in car - Daily Jefferson County Union - Fort Atkinson, WI

And in case you didn't notice, you fucking low grade moron...we're EXPORTING REFINED GASOLINE MORE THAN EVER IN OUR HISTORY? Why do you think that is?

images

As for harvesting our "own" oil? Does it go on the international market? Sure does. So that doesn't matter.

Why don't you point to the regulation that makes it impossible for refineries to turn a profit? Give me the reg and what it does and how it makes it unnecessarily harder or onerous to turn a profit ?

LOOK AT THIS CHART!

YOU stated that regulations are preventing companies from turning a profit and kept a refinery from being sold. Yet, that chart would seem to suggest that how PROFITABLE a refining company is depends more on how well the company is RUN. Especially considering they all have to play by the same overburdening rules.

Go and educate yourself before you come off as a bigger fool than you've already made yourself look.

I wonder....did you know you were lying? Or were you ignorant of all the facts I just posted?
Perhaps you better do some more research and stay away from right wing sources of information who are no better than you were at presenting the truth?
Those are opinions.
The fact is your side is choking on Obama's anti fossil fuel agenda.
DONE.
You lose. Conversation terminated.

images

LOOK AT THIS CHART!

From you link piss-for-brains....

So if we look at the refineries closing or under threat, they have a number of things in common, expensive crude, a lack of upgrading capabilities and they are located in markets with poor growth prospects. Unfortunately there are still a lot more like them, so this is unlikely to be the last word.

The east coast refiners can't make diesel and right now diesel is king. They also can't process the more sour less expensive crudes.

Why can't they...because the companies involved won't invest in them because they see regulations that let them know they'll never see a positive IRR on their money.

Get a clue.

no where near enough detail on the case in that article. HOWEVER, before you start in on me.. I agree with you. All things being equal, it is ridiculous to fire them because they wore orange shirts. As for the whole protest angle, I would think they'd need some proof of participation, other than the color shirt being worn.

Is that enough outrage, or do I need to show more?

Nope. Plenty enough outrage. ;)

Like I said, we are in agreement that it is ludicrous to be fired for things like colored shirts and bumper stickers. I don't believe you should be able to fire someone for any reason other than poor performance or policy violation, but right to work states don't agree.
like I said in my other example... If I as an employer would rather someone be working than doing something religious or political on my time, in my building. I would have no problem firing someone for proselytizing or doing political work on my dime, in my building... but I would certainly not give a rats ass if they had a bumper sticker I did not agree with.

I'm sure this thread is breathtakingly fascinating, but having taken a moment to check the facts,

I found this:

Diversified Building Maintenance manager Joan Dedolph contends that she never told the employee she was fired.

"I spoke with the Whitewater Unified School District Administration and we are both in agreement our staff has every right to have the 'I Support Walker' sign in their personal vehicles," she said.

Dedolph said "our employee" (presumably Taylor) never lost her job over this and still has her job.

Janitor pressed about pro-Walker sign in car - Daily Jefferson County Union - Fort Atkinson, WI

from YOUR link...

Taylor left work early Thursday and was asked not to work Friday.

Diversified Building Maintenance told the Journal Sentinel that it planned to have Taylor working this week, either at the school or somewhere else with the company.

Former Waukesha County District Attorney Paul Bucher of Delafield has spoken with Taylor and advised her of her rights and possible legal remedies.

"There is no doubt that she was terminated," he said. "I think they thought better of it and realized that would be a bad move on their part."

Bucher noted that Diversified Building Maintenance since has invited Taylor back to work.

sounds like she was fired, then brought back after the fact.

Last edited:
Wisconsin contractor fired for 'pro-Walker' sticker | Video | Fox News
Fuck freedom, right? How dare anyone have a pro-Walker bumper sticker!

This is what the unions do. You either tow the line, THEIR LINE, or your toast.

while he shouldnt have been fired, um, conservatives have told me on here that you should be able to be fired for anything and everything.....

EDIT:

BTW... if your in my office, proselyting or politicizing, regardless of the religion or political party... I'd fire you. If however, your car has a bumper sticker I disagree with, I would not. There's a difference.

You mean at a tea break or lunch time, or during work time?

EDIT:

You mean at a tea break or lunch time, or during work time?

if they are on MY dime... meaning on the clock.

However, I could also see firing them even on a lunch break, under certain circumstances. For example, if they were in the lunchroom, on break, proselyting or politicing, and it was making the other employees uncomfortable to a point where they felt it became a hostile environment, I would certainly have the right to do something about it.

Forum List

Back