Wisconsin Continues Right-Wing Structural Reforms That Have Transformed the U.S.

Yep. North Dakota is doing great. Guess the Govt there is on the ball big time.

They also are one of the few States if not the only State with a State Bank.

If it wasn't colder than a witches tit this old lady would seriously think of moving the ND. LOL
If there is one issue that could provide common ground for conservatives and lefties to stand on, it is state owned banks.

Nothing scares Wall Street-owned Republicans AND Democrats as much as the North Dakota example.

Currently there are about seven states across the country in the process of establishing public banks.

Ellen Brown has many of the details.

I agree GP. The State Bank has served ND extremely well. Whoever came up with the idea was clearly using his head.

Seeing how well ND has done with its State Bank I'm surprised every State in the Union doesn't have its own bank.

The Ellen Brown article was a good read. Thanks for posting it.
Last fall I had a chance to ask a State Senator about bringing public banking to California (2% mortgages and credit cards capped at 6%). His response was "The people want less government, not more."

I'm thinking Republicans AND Democrats need Wall Street far more often than they need voters.

State banks would prevent $billions from leaving their state and going to Wall Street, save citizens $billions in interest payments every year, and the public banks could earn $billions every year accomplishing these goals.

In Florida, a PhD Economist running for governor in 2010 claimed over time a State Bank of Florida could reduce or even eliminate the need for property taxes.

Maybe public banking is an idea whose time has come?

If there is one issue that could provide common ground for conservatives and lefties to stand on, it is state owned banks.

Nothing scares Wall Street-owned Republicans AND Democrats as much as the North Dakota example.

Currently there are about seven states across the country in the process of establishing public banks.

Ellen Brown has many of the details.

I agree GP. The State Bank has served ND extremely well. Whoever came up with the idea was clearly using his head.

Seeing how well ND has done with its State Bank I'm surprised every State in the Union doesn't have its own bank.

Last fall I had a chance to ask a State Senator about bringing public banking to California (2% mortgages and credit cards capped at 6%). His response was "The people want less government, not more."

I'm thinking Republicans AND Democrats need Wall Street far more often than they need voters.

State banks would prevent $billions from leaving their state and going to Wall Street, save citizens $billions in interest payments every year, and the public banks could earn $billions every year accomplishing these goals.

In Florida, a PhD Economist running for governor in 2010 claimed over time a State Bank of Florida could reduce or even eliminate the need for property taxes.

Sounds like a winner to me. I live in Florida and would like to see the property tax go by the wayside.

As who most politicians value the most?? I think your right there as well and it doesn't matter which party they serve.

Only a "partisan hack" would think that government needs to be in the personal lives of American citizens. THAT'S the Democrat agenda.

REALLY?????

Let's see........hmmmmmm............

Do you want the government to stick its nose in the PRIVATE decisions of people such as:

1) Abortion
2) Euthanasia
3) Marijuana use
4) Prostitution

These are just SOME of the personal decisions that the GOP want to have control over. And you support outlawing any or all of those things then YOU are the political hack and you need to stay the fuck out of my life.

So in other words......I DON'T WANT THE GOVERNMENT (OR YOU) TO CONTROL MY PERSONAL DECISIONS.

And THAT'S the GOP agenda, dumbfuck.

Don't you have a union-drone fest to attend or something?

Euthenasia?

You're a sick fuck.. you really are.

Ya....those are the kinds of things I would say if I just had my ass handed to me.

The people voted to get people in government that will stop the government spending the taxpayers into the poorhouse.

Only a partisan hack thinks what YOU state.

Only a "partisan hack" would think that government needs to get out of the personal lives of American citizens? THAT'S the GOP agenda that I was referring to.

Only a "partisan hack" would think that government needs to be in the personal lives of American citizens. THAT'S the Democrat agenda.
When your neighbor "needs" to take possession of your new car, do you want government to get involved in your personal lives?

Are you surprised? The votes in the last election were more "against the Dems" rather than "for the Reps".

Now that the American people are seeing their true agenda opinion will be swinging back the other way.

The people voted to get people in government that will stop the government spending the taxpayers into the poorhouse.

Only a "partisan hack" would think that government needs to get out of the personal lives of American citizens? THAT'S the GOP agenda that I was referring to.

sheesh, I can't believe you said that with a straight face.
I believe you are living in the wrong country, try China, North Korea, Iran.

Sounds like a winner to me. I live in Florida and would like to see the property tax go by the wayside.

As who most politicians value the most?? I think your right there as well and it doesn't matter which party they serve.
Farid Khavari was unsuccessful when he ran for the Democratic nomination in your last gubernatorial contest.

Since I don't see much chance of any Democrats OR Republicans endorsing state banking, I see the issue as the thin edge of a wedge to shear a majority of votes from BOTH of Wall Street's political parties.

I'm glad to see that you join me in supporting the peoples right to:

1) Abortion
2) Euthanasia
3) Marijuana use
4) Prostitution
5) Gay marriage

:clap2:

REALLY?????

Do you want the government to stick its nose in the PRIVATE decisions of people such as:

1) Abortion
2) Euthanasia
3) Marijuana use
4) Prostitution

These are just SOME of the personal decisions that the GOP want to have control over. And you support outlawing any or all of those things then YOU are the political hack and you need to stay the fuck out of my life.

So in other words......I DON'T WANT THE GOVERNMENT (OR YOU) TO CONTROL MY PERSONAL DECISIONS.

You either need to make up your mind or let us know if you were being sarcasitc. Because YOU are the one who said FIRST that government should be involved in people's lives (bold). If you were being sarcastic, it appears what the GOP establishment stands for is irrelevent and you both agree. So I guess if he's a dumbfuck, so are you. ;)

Last edited:
JOBS JOBS JOBS

Three months into a new term for the TeaParty and not one thing done to create even one job. Same way in the states, not one job created but once again wealth being shifted to the rich by taking it from the middle class.

So when do you think we might get one legislative item that created even one job ON PAPER AND NOT JUST IN YOUR THINKING? The reason I ask this is because after ten years of cutting taxes, it has done NADA, Nothing, Not one thing to make the country better off, unless of course your one of those who got the money.

JOBS JOBS JOBS is what people want, and I didn't hear anyone saying lets get in there slash the middle class of any chance of improvement. I guess what were hearing is if your middle class your the problem, and the money being spent on people is why we are in such trouble. But giving relief to the top who has shown nothing for it except gains in overall wealth is a priority to the right.

JOBS JOBS JOBS

1) Abortion
2) Euthanasia
3) Marijuana use
4) Prostitution
5) Gay marriage
6) Takeover of local govt

You forgot one more right off the top of my head
They now believe in taxation without representation as they believe it's their right to take over local cities and undo or do anything they think is needed and you have no say, hell they can even fire your mayor or city council or close down your schools IF THEY DEEM IT SHOULD BE DONE, I guess we have now found a way around elections.

REALLY?????

1) Abortion
2) Euthanasia
3) Marijuana use
4) Prostitution

You either need to make up your mind or let us know if you were being sarcasitc. Because YOU are the one who said FIRST that government should be involved in people's lives (bold). If you were being sarcastic, it appears what the GOP establishment stands for is irrelevent and you both agree. So I guess if he's a dumbfuck, so are you. ;)

Good catch. I did make a typo (since corrected). But I'm guessing you either failed to grasp the point (which makes you a dumbfuck) or chose not to debate me on it (which makes you wise). Which is it?

Mark Weisbrot: Wisconsin Continues Right-Wing Structural Reforms That Have Transformed the United States

Although polling results fluctuate widely with media coverage and the framing of the polling questions, for decades there have been polls showing majorities in favor of real (Medicare for all) health care reform, deep cuts in military spending, an end to U.S. military intervention abroad, increased taxes for the rich, government spending to increase employment (as needed now), and most of the progressive agenda.

Which means rightwingers don't represent the majority of American people.
But a Huffypoo piece of opinion does. Yeah... that's right. This is why the left is dying and becoming a hard little cinder to ultimately be swept into the ashcan of history.

JOBS JOBS JOBS

Three months into a new term for the TeaParty and not one thing done to create even one job. Same way in the states, not one job created but once again wealth being shifted to the rich by taking it from the middle class.

So when do you think we might get one legislative item that created even one job ON PAPER AND NOT JUST IN YOUR THINKING? The reason I ask this is because after ten years of cutting taxes, it has done NADA, Nothing, Not one thing to make the country better off, unless of course your one of those who got the money.

JOBS JOBS JOBS is what people want, and I didn't hear anyone saying lets get in there slash the middle class of any chance of improvement. I guess what were hearing is if your middle class your the problem, and the money being spent on people is why we are in such trouble. But giving relief to the top who has shown nothing for it except gains in overall wealth is a priority to the right.

JOBS JOBS JOBS

People can want jobs till they're blue in the face. What the people like you don't get is that it is not the government's job to create them. By your nickname I'm guessing you're from MN? Well so am I. And I can tell you with putting my information on places like career builder and monster there is no shortage of jobs in this state anyway. I get updated weekly from career sites like this for literally dozens of job openings. The problem is not a lack of jobs, the problem is lazy asses like yourself that have the skills and/or choose not to attain the skills to do those jobs who think it's government's job to hand you your standard of living on a silver platter.

Last edited:
REALLY?????

1) Abortion
2) Euthanasia
3) Marijuana use
4) Prostitution

Good catch. I did make a typo (since corrected). But I'm guessing you either failed to grasp the point (which makes you a dumbfuck) or chose not to debate me on it (which makes you wise). Which is it?

What it appears is you were trying to assign a position to someone else for the ease of your argument. Just because someone isn't a liberal like you doesn't mean they blindly follow the established GOP.

What it appears is you were trying to assign a position to someone else for the ease of your argument. Just because someone isn't a liberal like you doesn't mean they blindly follow the established GOP.

And just because someone isn't a neo-con like you doesn't mean they blindly follow the established DEM agenda. :cool:

1) Abortion
2) Euthanasia
3) Marijuana use
4) Prostitution
5) Gay marriage

I'm glad to see that you join me supporting the peoples right to:

Self-Defense
Private Property
Keep the fruits of their labor

Oh wait. You don't support those things. If you whip out your dick and present it to the government they are going to bite it off not suck it, you wait buddy.

Also, all five of those are state issues, read the 10th amendment.

Last edited:

1) Abortion
2) Euthanasia
3) Marijuana use
4) Prostitution
5) Gay marriage

I'm glad to see that you join me supporting the peoples right to:

Self-Defense
Private Property
Keep the fruits of their labor

Oh wait. You don't support those things. If you whip out your dick and present it to the government they are going to bite it off not suck it, you wait buddy.

Also, all five of those are state issues, read the 10th amendment.

Self Defense- I agree 100% that we should have CC laws in every state.

Private Property- Huh????

Keep the fruits of their labor- Again, I agree. But most people want to talk about their money but damned few want to talk about their debt.

Mark Weisbrot: Wisconsin Continues Right-Wing Structural Reforms That Have Transformed the United States

Although polling results fluctuate widely with media coverage and the framing of the polling questions, for decades there have been polls showing majorities in favor of real (Medicare for all) health care reform, deep cuts in military spending, an end to U.S. military intervention abroad, increased taxes for the rich, government spending to increase employment (as needed now), and most of the progressive agenda.
Which means rightwingers don't represent the majority of American people.

I hate to point out the obvious here, (actually, I don't) but they were not elected to represent Americans, they were elected to represent the pople of Wisconsin.

Forum List

Back