George S. Patton Party
May 24, 2009
What USED TO BE A REPUBLIC RUN BY TYRANTS
'Constitutional crisis'
Senate orders arrest of missing Democrats

636_030311_fx_wanted_0.jpg

(Image FOX NEWS/AP )

[SNIP]
Senate Republicans Thursday ordered the forcible detention of their 14 Democratic colleagues, who fled the state two weeks ago to avoid a vote on Gov. Scott Walker's controversial budget repair bill.

It's unclear whether the resolution and warrants seeking to force the senators back to the Capitol are legal. The state constitution prohibits the arrest of legislators while in session unless they're suspected of committing felonies, treason or breach of the peace.

However, an attorney for Senate Majority Leader Scott Fitzgerald, R-Juneau, said rounding up the senators is legal under a constitutional provision that allows the Senate to enforce its own rules.

[/SNIP]

This should be good...

I am curious if Wisconsin can go for extradition?

From your post:

In any case Democrats are out of the reach of Wisconsin law enforcement because they are camped out in Illinois and Fitzgerald said he would not consider seeking any sort of extradition from the other state. Fitzgerald, who met with two of the Democrats in Kenosha on Monday, said he believed some of the lawmakers were entering Wisconsin for other errands such as going to their homes.
:eusa_think:

But what I found humourous was the lead picture:

fleebaggers-2.jpg

:lol:

I think it would be great to see all of these weasels in the local jailhouse for a week or so... They are already used to sleeping away from home so a little jail time wouldn't hurt them too much and think of the wonderful things it would do for justice!

they need to come back. its not going to change.

on another note the msm has been on virtual lock down ala the Ohio senate passing a bill that fracks collective bargaining too.Their dishonesty and complete lack of objectivity from the times to cbs to well, the rest is criminal.

they need to come back. its not going to change.

on another note the msm has been on virtual lock down ala the Ohio senate passing a bill that fracks collective bargaining too.Their dishonesty and complete lack of objectivity from the times to cbs to well, the rest is criminal.

And look for it to spread to the several States. Everybody is broke...and the usual suspects don't want their decades-long gravy train to end at Taxpayer expense...The guys whom pay the bills are pissed [US]...and that is what this boils down to.

From your post:

In any case Democrats are out of the reach of Wisconsin law enforcement because they are camped out in Illinois and Fitzgerald said he would not consider seeking any sort of extradition from the other state. Fitzgerald, who met with two of the Democrats in Kenosha on Monday, said he believed some of the lawmakers were entering Wisconsin for other errands such as going to their homes.

fleebaggers-2.jpg

Priceless.

Another article on this melee...

Wis. Senate may order police to bring back Dems

"I do believe senators are in Wisconsin," he said. "I know they are driving back and forth to their homes."

Senate Democrats disagreed with Fitzgerald about what's allowed under the chamber's rules. Sen. Chris Larson said they hadn't done anything illegal and couldn't be arrested.

"All fourteen of us remain in Illinois, very strong in our convictions," Sen. Jon Erpenbach said in a statement. "Issuing arrest warrants at 4 p.m. isn't going to solve the problem."

The resolution says the Democrats would be found guilty of contempt and disorderly conduct if they don't return by 4 p.m., after which the Senate would issue an order similar to an arrest warrant. The order would give the chamber's sergeant at arms the power to take any necessary steps, including police assistance, to bring the senators back.

Fitzgerald called on any Wisconsin citizens who see the senators to contact police. He argued the resolution is about restoring order to the Senate and not the issues surrounding the union bill, which has led to three weeks of demonstrations by tens of thousands of protesters.

From your post:

fleebaggers-2.jpg

Priceless.

Isn't it though? A business...a taxpayer calls it correct. Feel free to spread that picture...truth rears it's head...

:lol: You better check the Wisconsin constitution and Wisconsin law on the immunity of the assembly and senate to arrest. You guys, every last one of you, look really stupid. Unsubscribe.

Forum List

Back