Wisconsin Collective Bargaining Law is Working

Why tax EVERYBODY? Let's just tax:

Teachers
Police
Fire
Civil Servants

Take away their pensions, take away their sick leave, (these people should NEVER get sick), take away their health insurance, too, (because no one should pay for health insurance for anyone else, let them pay for it out of their own pocket).

And when that isn't enough money to pay our bills, and we face taxes again, just fire some more of them... 50 kids per class, 100 firefighters for the city of Hilo, that should be just fine.

Stealing wampum from one tribe and giving it to another tribe is still called THEFT, even in America.

This thread title is just like to following headline.

"Don't pay for the food, just eat it and leave the restaurant....save lots of money!!!"

Or this one:

"Amazing savings: if you don't pay your bills you still have lots of money in the bank!!"

I could go on and on. But anyone who writes a news article saying that if you steal money from one group and give it to another... they might just need their head examined.

Stealing hard-earned money from one group of Americans and giving it to another group of Americans who had agreed to pay those workers in the first place, well, in MY book, that's called THEFT! Being proud of stealing someone else's hard earned wages is NOT an American value, and I sure wouldn't be PROUD of it!

Exactly right.

I thought it was the job of the schools to teach reading, writing and arithmetic. Apparently you disagree.

When the parents refuse to enforce homework and sue if Lil Johnny doesn't get an A or promoted to the next grade?

You can teach all you want. Doesn't mean it's gonna get learned.

I noticed that you stated parents. How many kids today have more than one parent? I suggest that those that do are doing a helluva lot better than those that don't.

That is part of the education system: teach little kids how to have sex, discourage or make it illegal to discuss morals (that could be "religious"), teach them where and how to get birth control, ensure that if that fails, school personnel will take them for an abortion without parental consent, and encourage teenage mothers by offering "free" daycare at school and welfare if you don't marry. Would that be the "chickens coming home to roost"?

Another bullshit attack the unions thread. Tired broken fucking record. I know, let's give more tax breaks to the rich and cut more benefits for teachers, firemen and police. That always works out right? Education improves?

Cry me a fucking river...

Most folks don't care what private sector unoins do, it's the public sector ones that suck...

You want us to show sympathy for what is tantamount to a fucking money laundering scheme for democratics? Union money coming from the taxpayer going to fat cat leftist politicians who rubber stamp anything they fucking want in "negotiations" for sweetheart deals and Cadillac health plans?

When they start caring about their members and not the hoards of taxpayer cash they rake in only to piss it away on lobbying to leftists and increasing the boated bossman salaries, then maybe we'll show sympathy to the poor fucking public sector unions...

Until then, fuck them...

Ok....so now we will see explosive improvement in students grades, right? If not then I say your little experiment FAILED.

The "experiment's" goal in WI wasn't designed to necessarily increase student grades... It was to rescue a broke state from drowning further...

It also saved about public sector 2500 jobs from getting the axe... How can you not be glad about that?

It also stopped the atuomatic union dues deductions from coming out of teacher's paychecks... These people might like seeing the extra cash in their take home pay... Might be harder for the union pukes to collect their "leftist politician payola"...

We'll see in grades improve, but it sounds like the school mentioned in the OP is benefitting from the change and that's going to benefit the students...

What kind of accountability do you see in the private sector for teachers?

What happens in a private school when Johnny gets F's?

Does the teacher get fired?

Not if Johnny's parents lets him run around all hours, show up late for school, don't care if he does his homework and doesn't get involved whatsoever in his schooling.

For the most part this is right. But I think it's more like 20% teacher's responsibility, 30% society's responsibility, and 50% the parent's responsibility. But, this thread isn't about placing blame (even if some people want to make this a referendum on teacher performance).

Honestly though, is making teachers pay a little towards their retirement and healthcare (like the rest of us working stiffs) really so horrible? They weren't dropped to minimum wage with no benefits. But some of you are flying off the deep end over what amounts to very little.

The only thing that "worked" is that the state and local districts are trying to balance their budgets on the backs of the working men and women.
It is a nice change now that state and local districts have that option, instead of only trying to balance their budgets on the backs of the working men and women who pay the taxes that pay the salaries of the teachers and administrators.

Uhhh....it's the "working men and women" that drive the polls showing no support for Walker and his cronies.

PPP poll in WI: Walker has turned GOP union voters into Democratic union voters

Public Policy Polling: Walker's numbers continue to get worse

REAL "working men and women" understand what it's like to struggle and agree that teachers are getting fucked.

So don't pretend that you know what "working men and women" want or that you even care about them. It sickens us.

Real working men and women didn't vote for Walker to get the states finances in order?
None of the working men and women think state employees should pay more for their healthcare and retirement?
Real working men and women aren't tired of paying ever increasing taxes to pay ever inflated salaries of public employees?

What kind of accountability do you see in the private sector for teachers?

What happens in a private school when Johnny gets F's?

Does the teacher get fired?

Not if Johnny's parents lets him run around all hours, show up late for school, don't care if he does his homework and doesn't get involved whatsoever in his schooling.

For the most part this is right. But I think it's more like 20% teacher's responsibility, 30% society's responsibility, and 50% the parent's responsibility. But, this thread isn't about placing blame (even if some people want to make this a referendum on teacher performance).

Honestly though, is making teachers pay a little towards their retirement and healthcare (like the rest of us working stiffs) really so horrible? They weren't dropped to minimum wage with no benefits. But some of you are flying off the deep end over what amounts to very little.

Saying that "some people are making this a referendum on teacher performance" is like saying Joplin, MO got a little breese.

And if you recall the public unions had already agreed to pay more. It was the loss of bargaining rights that created the fight between them and the Koch brothers (oops, I meant Walker).

It is a nice change now that state and local districts have that option, instead of only trying to balance their budgets on the backs of the working men and women who pay the taxes that pay the salaries of the teachers and administrators.

Uhhh....it's the "working men and women" that drive the polls showing no support for Walker and his cronies.

REAL "working men and women" understand what it's like to struggle and agree that teachers are getting fucked.

So don't pretend that you know what "working men and women" want or that you even care about them. It sickens us.

Real working men and women didn't vote for Walker to get the states finances in order?
None of the working men and women think state employees should pay more for their healthcare and retirement?
Real working men and women aren't tired of paying ever increasing taxes to pay ever inflated salaries of public employees?

Not as much as you think and according to polls. Because WE working men and women know that they are working men and women too. And we sure as hell wouldn't want the same done to us.

Yes, Koch (oops, I meant Walker) was voted in. But he was at least bright enough to not say what he was going to do once elected. Now he's up to his ass in alligators.

On the other hand, my Governor, DEMOCRAT Andrew Cuomo, NEGOTIATED concessions from the unions, without destroying them, got a good deal, got the budget in order,

and has a 60% approval rating.

But nobody talks about him.

Your Governor FIRED 9,800 union state workers to help pay the state deficit. Walker SAVED 2500 union state workers jobs by having them pay for a small part of their retirement and health insurance.

Join a union and get fired in New York.

Not as much as you think and according to polls. Because WE working men and women know that they are working men and women too. And we sure as hell wouldn't want the same done to us.

Yes, Koch (oops, I meant Walker) was voted in. But he was at least bright enough to not say what he was going to do once elected. Now he's up to his ass in alligators.

You don't want the same done to you? LOL!
Then don't become an overpaid, unionized public employee.
We'll worry about the polls come next election.

Saying that "some people are making this a referendum on teacher performance" is like saying Joplin, MO got a little breese.

And if you recall the public unions had already agreed to pay more. It was the loss of bargaining rights that created the fight between them and the Koch brothers (oops, I meant Walker).

Not enough... Sorry, times of sweetheart deals and fat cat union bosses on the backs of taxpayers are going the way of the dinosaur... Nobody can afford it in an 0bama economy....

Why are you so upset that the school district in the OP is succeeding?

I don't think the public sector should get to bargain. They're essentially holding the taxpayers of their state hostage by threatening to withhold services that we're already paying them for. If they want to get payed more then they should do so through their vote and through ballot initiatives.

On the other hand, my Governor, DEMOCRAT Andrew Cuomo, NEGOTIATED concessions from the unions, without destroying them, got a good deal, got the budget in order,

and has a 60% approval rating.

But nobody talks about him.

Your Governor FIRED 9,800 union state workers to help pay the state deficit. Walker SAVED 2500 union state workers jobs by having them pay for a small part of their retirement and health insurance.

Join a union and get fired in New York.

Do you want to claim that there have been no losses of government jobs in Wisconsin since Walker became governor?

careful...

Forum List

Back