Wisc. judge fines Dem.state elections commission for failing to remove thousands from voter rolls

The Purge

Platinum Member
Aug 16, 2018
The Hill ^ | January 13, 2020 | Zack Budryk

Wisconsin judge fines state elections commission for failing to remove thousands from voter rolls A Wisconsin judge on Monday found the state Elections Commission, as well as three of its members, in contempt of court for their failure to remove thousands of people from Wisconsin voter rolls in compliance with an order he imposed in December, according to the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel.

Judge Paul Malloy said the three Democratic commission members who have fought his order, Ann Jacobs, Julie Glancey and Mark Thomsen, must each pay $250 a day for every day they fail to comply, while the commission itself must pay $50 a day.

Jacobs said she still does not believe Malloy’s ruling was correct. "If we are going to treat voting as the central component of our democracy, we need to be far less cavalier about taking people off the rolls," she said, according to the newspaper.

The commission, comprising three Democrats and three Republicans will meet Tuesday for a multi-day process to determine whether to remove more than 200,000 voters from the state’s rolls. The commission in October notified about 230,000 people it believed may have moved that they would be removed from the rolls in2021 if they did not update their registrations or confirm they were at the same address.

Malloy ruled in favor of three plaintiffs represented by the conservative Wisconsin Institute for Law & Liberty, who argued in a lawsuit that the voters must be removed much sooner.

Malloy also blasted Thomson for making public comments suggesting his ruling only represented one interpretation of state law, according to the Journal-Sentinel.

“To say this is one person’s opinion is not accurate. It is one person’s opinion, but the person is a judge, trained, taken an oath to follow the law and I don’t think any of the lawyers here think I haven’t done my share of work on the case,” he said.

President Trump won the state in 2016 by a margin of under 23,000 votes!!!

------------

Why is it ALWAYS DemonRATS breaking the election laws?......I know, stupid question. It is the ONLY WAY THEY CAN WIN, they offer NOTHING ELSE of good to the public!

Forum List

Back