WIPE OUT MARRIAGE: LEGISLATOR (Real Gay Agenda Outed)

N

NewGuy

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1113721/posts

New York Post ^ | Apr. 8, 2004 | Frederic U. Dicker

Posted on 04/08/2004 7:57:02 AM PDT by Alouette

April 8, 2004 -- ALBANY - The same-sex marriage controversy took a new and dramatic turn yesterday as one of the state Legislature's few openly gay members proposed abolishing marriage altogether in New York. Assemblywoman Deborah Glick (D-Manhattan) said she would introduce legislation today to remove all references to marriage from the state Domestic Relations Law and replace them with the term "civil unions."

"There would be civil unions for all," Glick told The Post.

She said religious and civil unions could still be called "marriages" under her proposed law, but that the term would have no legal standing.

Glick said she had 12 Assembly Democrats backing her proposal, including Daniel O'Donnell of Manhattan, another openly gay lawmaker and brother of Rosie O'Donnell, and Richard Brodsky, a potential candidate for attorney general in 2006, of Westchester.

But she said she had no sponsor for the measure in the Republican-controlled Senate.

"I suspect, that in the end, the courts will deal with the blatant inequality that is existing in the law today," said Glick.

again - another example of "The world would be a better place if this woman was never born"

:-/

It will be a cold day in Hell when this works. Why does she even bother?

Originally posted by krisy
It will be a cold day in Hell when this works. Why does she even bother?

Maybe she is hoping for that - she may be trying to cool off the place she'll likely spend eternity :D

Its like the gay caller on Rush a few months ago said "Why cant we all be miserable together" they want to make us miserable like they are. They cant achieve the true happiness found in life in their sins, and dont want anyone else to either. heck thats what all liberalism is. Making everyone equal...equally miserable.

Originally posted by Avatar4321
Its like the gay caller on Rush a few months ago said "Why cant we all be miserable together" they want to make us miserable like they are. They cant achieve the true happiness found in life in their sins, and dont want anyone else to either. heck thats what all liberalism is. Making everyone equal...equally miserable.

Agreed. I don't think I know of a group of people that wants to push their beliefs on other people as much as homosexuals. Gay parades...yada yada yada

This sounds fair. Churches can still perform their religious marriage ceremonies for whomever they choose. The government license you get would say "civil union". Where's the destruction of marriage part???

I've had religious people come to my door and prosthelyze, I've never had gay people do this. It is the religious interests in this country who seek to force THEIR moral agendas down all of our throats. The so-called "gay agenda" to me boils down to, treat us equally and leave us the hell alone.

acludem

It's not only religeon,it's nature. Two of the same sex are not meant to be together. If they were they would be able to reproduce. On that note,I don't have anything personally against gay people,but I sit here pondering why they feel the need to tell everyone they aregay They do force it upon us at times.

Originally posted by acludem
This sounds fair. Churches can still perform their religious marriage ceremonies for whomever they choose. The government license you get would say "civil union". Where's the destruction of marriage part???

I've had religious people come to my door and prosthelyze, I've never had gay people do this. It is the religious interests in this country who seek to force THEIR moral agendas down all of our throats. The so-called "gay agenda" to me boils down to, treat us equally and leave us the hell alone.

acludem

Yeah...."Heather Has Two Mommies" never was a textbook in public schools either.

How many MORE lies do you have?

Last time I called you on this you ran.

I live on a college campus and I do have local members of gay rights organizations coming to my door all the time to have me sign petitions and such. I treat them about the same as I do Mormons and Jehovah's Witnesses. I explain that I'm a Christian and part of the religious right and politely send them on their way. No harm, no foul, but it does get annoying. The difference I notice is the spin they put on their pitch. The Christians usually say something like, "Hi, I'm with [such and such church] and I'd like to share with you the good news of Jesus Christ. Have you accepted Christ as your savior?" They're pretty honest and up front about it, even if they do try their best to make it sound as positive as possible. The gay community comes up to me and says something more like, "Hi, I'm with [such and such gay community] and we're passing aroud a petition to protect the unalienable civil liberties of homosexuals throughout the state and, hopefully, the country. If you'll just sign right here, we'll be on our way." Then I'll actually read the petition and find out it's some movement to free a gay couple who were caught having sex on a public beach somewhere. Civil liberties my a**! If I were caught having sex on a public beach with so many women that nobody could deny my heterosexuality, I'd be arrested, too.

Originally posted by Hobbit
I live on a college campus and I do have local members of gay rights organizations coming to my door all the time to have me sign petitions and such. I treat them about the same as I do Mormons and Jehovah's Witnesses. I explain that I'm a Christian and part of the religious right and politely send them on their way. No harm, no foul, but it does get annoying. The difference I notice is the spin they put on their pitch. The Christians usually say something like, "Hi, I'm with [such and such church] and I'd like to share with you the good news of Jesus Christ. Have you accepted Christ as your savior?" They're pretty honest and up front about it, even if they do try their best to make it sound as positive as possible. The gay community comes up to me and says something more like, "Hi, I'm with [such and such gay community] and we're passing aroud a petition to protect the unalienable civil liberties of homosexuals throughout the state and, hopefully, the country. If you'll just sign right here, we'll be on our way." Then I'll actually read the petition and find out it's some movement to free a gay couple who were caught having sex on a public beach somewhere. Civil liberties my a**! If I were caught having sex on a public beach with so many women that nobody could deny my heterosexuality, I'd be arrested, too.

You would also be the envy of every heterosexual man on earth.

Ok, hear me out.

This doesn't sound like such a bad idea. Here's why:

"Civil unions" allow two people to share legal responsibilities, like taxes (and breaks) and insurance, etc.

"Marriage" implies a union by the church and God. IMO, the gov't shouldn't really have much of a say in "marriage," since it's a religious sacrement.

"Married" people would have both titles: both a civil union for gov't purposes and a marriage in the eyes of God. The two are completely separate. No harm done.

Originally posted by Hobbit
Until my mom found out.

I am resisting a joke about your mom being envious as well. The way that was worded, it begs the joke.
My sense of humor is not very "good" lately.

Originally posted by NewGuy
You would also be the envy of every heterosexual man on earth.

nah. id prefer one woman. Its not like guys were really built to handle more than one at a time anyway.

Originally posted by Avatar4321
nah. id prefer one woman. Its not like guys were really built to handle more than one at a time anyway.

Agreed, but human nature, the evil of the heart and greed know no bounds unchecked.

Originally posted by dmp
Maybe she is hoping for that - she may be trying to cool off the place she'll likely spend eternity :D

martinlawrence.jpg

OH... HAIL NAH!

You are right clumzgirl. And NewGuy, WHAT LIE DID I TELL??? Don't call me a liar without telling me what I lied about. Do you have any response to my logic argument? Or are you incapable of refuting my logic so that the only thing you can come up with is to call me a liar? When did I ever say Heather Has two Mommies wasn't a textbook? In fact when I asked you and others for titles so called "gay" textbooks you ran away.

acludem

Originally posted by acludem
And NewGuy, WHAT LIE DID I TELL??? Don't call me a liar without telling me what I lied about. Do you have any response to my logic argument? Or are you incapable of refuting my logic so that the only thing you can come up with is to call me a liar? When did I ever say Heather Has two Mommies wasn't a textbook? In fact when I asked you and others for titles so called "gay" textbooks you ran away.

acludem

:rolleyes:
It is the religious interests in this country who seek to force THEIR moral agendas down all of our throats. The so-called "gay agenda" to me boils down to, treat us equally and leave us the hell alone.

acludem

I don't run.
I called YOU out. Care to repost my response to the previous issue?

Forum List

Back