Winter Storms To Distort US Jobless Figures!

Construction activity was hit particularly hard by the storms, but many restaurants and stores also had to close, putting the brakes on hiring plans and temporarily throwing some employees out of work.

UPDATE 1-Winter storms to distort US jobless figures-Summers | Reuters

This is transparent bullshit at it's best!
Does the administration really think we are THAT stupid to believe this? I guess so.

yea, so many people are too stupid to realize the true complexity of life, or too blinded by ideology to accept anything other than this admin sucks no matter what reality is

Shouldn't you be off somewhere blaming Booooosh for all the country's woes?

Hop to it....

Construction activity was hit particularly hard by the storms, but many restaurants and stores also had to close, putting the brakes on hiring plans and temporarily throwing some employees out of work.

Does the administration really think we are THAT stupid to believe this? I guess so.

yea, so many people are too stupid to realize the true complexity of life, or too blinded by ideology to accept anything other than this admin sucks no matter what reality is

Hop to it....

Fucking hypocrite, all you do is blame Obama.

New boss same as the old boss.
All politicians suck and those who believe what they say are stupit.

If it isn't Booooosh it is the jooooooos. Or the insurance companies. Or BIG OIL. Or the Trilateral Commission. Life is full of complications.

Hop to it....

Excuse me Doc....this is not a "blame Obama" thing.......this is about the economic figures and the fact that Obama is blaming the weather.

Truth is, Obama is doing what a President should do......rationalizing poor numbers so as to not allow the poor numbers to create more anxiety and gloom for the people. I dont blame him for doing it....I commend him for doing it.

But truth is, it has little to do with the weather......our demand for goods and services has not increased yet...and as I have been saying at the beginning...the unemployment figures will get better when AND ONLY when the natural economic cycles of demand allows them to.

Sort of what has proven to be the case for the last 6 recessions that I have experienced.

We may be able to "ease the pain" during a recession...but we can not force people to want new products.

Perhaps people will learn to buy more of what they need and less of what they want.
Thus creating a more stable economy, albeit at a reduced level.

Never buy what you WANT on credit.
Only buy what you NEED on credit if you absolutely have to.

Last edited:
Perhaps people will learn to buy more of what they need and less of what they want.

If you must buy what you need on credit, then you should not buy on credit at all.
That is why we have welfare and food stamps and other programs.

Hop to it....

I blame Barry for everything he's done to make things worse since he was placed in office...

You, as a premiere douche, blame everything on Boooosh and ignore what your Hero Zero has done since 1/20/2009...

Therin lies the difference, asshat....

If you must buy what you need on credit, then you should not buy on credit at all.
That is why we have welfare and food stamps and other programs.

Ahh but if the washer or refridgerator quits and most live check to check. Even those not qualifying for govt assistance.

apparently someone in the administration realized that the continuing use of the words "unexpectedly high" in front of the phrase "unemployment numbers" was starting to get a little shopworn, so they decided to blame it on the weather.

gotta give em points for trying.:lol:

Winter Storms are the new It's Bush's Fault.

Hop to it....

I blame Barry for everything he's done to make things worse since he was placed in office...

You, as a premiere douche, blame everything on Boooosh and ignore what your Hero Zero has done since 1/20/2009...

some of us actually consider what got us into this mess vs just blaming the other party.

some of us actually consider what got us into this mess vs just blaming the other party.

You refderring to:

1) People lying on their mortgage applications so they can buy a house they can not afford
2) People not reading their credit card applications and contracts
3) People losing their money in the market becuase they hoped their money would make easy money for them
4) People buying things they wanted on credit hoping for divine intervention when the bills started to pile up
5) People jumping at those teaser rates so they can knock 30% off their mortagge payments while hoping and praying that the rates wont go up...and if they do, hoping and praying their home values wont go down

You mean those things?

Yeah...I agree....lack of personal responsibility of the people definately created the mess THAT THEY ARE IN.

I know one thing for sure....I am not in that mess.

I absolutely blame all parties for spending like assholes... Since 2006, the Democrat Party has controlled the pursestrings...

You refderring to:

1) People lying on their mortgage applications so they can buy a house they can not afford
2) People not reading their credit card applications and contracts
3) People losing their money in the market becuase they hoped their money would make easy money for them
4) People buying things they wanted on credit hoping for divine intervention when the bills started to pile up
5) People jumping at those teaser rates so they can knock 30% off their mortagge payments while hoping and praying that the rates wont go up...and if they do, hoping and praying their home values wont go down

You mean those things?

Yeah...I agree....lack of personal responsibility of the people definately created the mess THAT THEY ARE IN.

I know one thing for sure....I am not in that mess.

Yep those things and the govt deregulating various things. Like unregulated security trading, etc.

But you are correct ultimately it is the people that are responsible.

You left out using your home as a credit card.

I absolutely blame all parties for spending like assholes... Since 2006, the Democrat Party has controlled the pursestrings...

And before 2006 we did not spend too much?

Hop to it....

Yeah, KI blame bush for everything. Fuck this place is full of the biggest assholes. guess you have to act like your name

Forum List

Back