Winter Storms To Distort US Jobless Figures!

Construction activity was hit particularly hard by the storms, but many restaurants and stores also had to close, putting the brakes on hiring plans and temporarily throwing some employees out of work.

UPDATE 1-Winter storms to distort US jobless figures-Summers | Reuters

This is transparent bullshit at it's best!
Does the administration really think we are THAT stupid to believe this? I guess so.

apparently someone in the administration realized that the continuing use of the words "unexpectedly high" in front of the phrase "unemployment numbers" was starting to get a little shopworn, so they decided to blame it on the weather.

gotta give em points for trying.:lol:

Snow melts.
Destruction from a hurricane takes a lot longer to recover from.
I don't have stats, but I would imagine that jobs were created down in the New Orleans area. Clean-up and construction.

Yeah kinda reminds me of Bush making excuses for the economy becuase of Katrina. Sheesh.

Ummm.........its 2010 s0n!!!

5d83b5be-237f-422f-a342-47220292-4.jpg

Construction activity was hit particularly hard by the storms, but many restaurants and stores also had to close, putting the brakes on hiring plans and temporarily throwing some employees out of work.

Does the administration really think we are THAT stupid to believe this? I guess so.

apparently someone in the administration realized that the continuing use of the words "unexpectedly high" in front of the phrase "unemployment numbers" was starting to get a little shopworn, so they decided to blame it on the weather.

cause Boooooooooooooooooosh makes the weather? blame Booooooooooooooooosssh! :eusa_angel:

At least they didn't blame it on the earthquakes in Haiti and Chile....:lol:

Give em time-

It has been a miserable winter.

But they have worn out the expression "unexpected jump in unemployment due to weather related factors."
They might as well get proactive.

It has been a rotten winter. I have the feeling they will be blaming the weather for increases even in August.

Now is the winter of our discontent. I am looking forward to November for things to be made glorious summer again. In the Senate and The house. (Not of York)

Give em time-

Didn't take long for some idiot to blame it on Boooooosh...lol

Sarcasm noted.

I guess we all can't be on every board every minute of every day reading every thread.
Thanks.

That it was posted before is not the main point. The main point is that it's an idiotic conservative talking point.

Yeah, I've seen that response from you before.
Yawn .....

My area of the country gets hit hard every winter with snow and ice storms. This year, not so much. But other areas of the country who don't generally see snow, did. Big whoop. I guess I've just never heard of weather affecting unemployment numbers. To me, it's a big excuse! Don't pay attention to what you hear this coming Friday! It's the weathers fault! Oh please! December of 09 we encountered an ice storm that paralyzed most of my area. I didn't see that being blamed on the rise in unemployment. Yet it so conveniently came out in the news this week.

Again, don't pay attention to the unemplyment numbers! It was the snow storms! Take a look over here though ... we're trying to pass healthcare reform!

yea, so many people are too stupid to realize the true complexity of life, or too blinded by ideology to accept anything other than this admin sucks no matter what reality is

Forum List

Back