Winter storm emergency, Solar & Wind fail

Repeating lies don't make them true. But then, you knew that.
Increasing the production of steel, aluminum, copper, silica, fiberglass, cement, etc., to build the the World's Largest Wind Turbines and Solar Plants does not increase the use of Coal or Oil?

The amount of power it generates when we are comparing Solar and Wind to Fossil Fuel power generation is irrelevant?

And you claim you studied Science for 9 years? Did you pass and graduate?

Not so much coal since a lot of metal is recycled, and using oil to make components is a much better use of the resource than burning it. The amount of power it generates is irrelevant to the industry's safety record (which is the issue you brought up), which by OSHA standards, is very good.
Now that is a crock, recycled metal? You had zero idea that coke was used to make steel. I could go into the copper smelting, the aluminum, the high quality steel alloy used for the many tons required for the bearings and bushing.

You simply make things up without any knowledge of what you speak.

Coke is used to make the steel for wind turbines, of course with all the towers collapsing and the greed of rushing these to production to get rich off the subsidies, I guess the wind turbines used substandard recycled steel.

I am a geologist who knows a lot about raw ore, a lot more than you do. Steel production in the U.S. is dominated by the use of recycled metal. In fact, steel produced from recycled metal contains 92% recyclables. Which means that only 8% of it comes from ore, and so only that 8% needs coal to extract the metal from the ore. The rest is simply melted and reused.

Increasing the production of steel, aluminum, copper, silica, fiberglass, cement, etc., to build the the World's Largest Wind Turbines and Solar Plants does not increase the use of Coal or Oil?

The amount of power it generates when we are comparing Solar and Wind to Fossil Fuel power generation is irrelevant?

Not so much coal since a lot of metal is recycled, and using oil to make components is a much better use of the resource than burning it. The amount of power it generates is irrelevant to the industry's safety record (which is the issue you brought up), which by OSHA standards, is very good.
Now that is a crock, recycled metal? You had zero idea that coke was used to make steel. I could go into the copper smelting, the aluminum, the high quality steel alloy used for the many tons required for the bearings and bushing.

Coke is used to make the steel for wind turbines, of course with all the towers collapsing and the greed of rushing these to production to get rich off the subsidies, I guess the wind turbines used substandard recycled steel.

I am a geologist who knows a lot about raw ore, a lot more than you do. Steel production in the U.S. is dominated by the use of recycled metal. In fact, steel produced from recycled metal contains 92% recyclables. Which means that only 8% of it comes from ore, and so only that 8% needs coal to extract the metal from the ore. The rest is simply melted and reused.
Tell us about the asme codes. I specialize in iconell, 600, 800, as well as monell. According to my epri analysus. Stuff like iga, pwscc, fatigue, wear, corrosion, candu reactors have a bit of magnatite, on the ID, of the iconell tubing, I also analyze according to asnt.

You are an idiot assuming. My
job is steel alloys in Nuclear reactors. A geologist is never consulted, never.

Last edited:

Tell us about the asme codes. I specialize in iconell, 600, 800, as well as monell. According to my epri analysus. Stuff like iga, pwscc, fatigue, wear, corrosion, candu reactors have a bit of magnatite, on the ID, of the iconell tubing, I also analyze according to asnt.

A geologist found the friggin iron and other metals used in the steel, dummy.

A geologist found the friggin iron and other metals used in the steel, dummy.

Nobody cares s0n.........but take a bow anyway!!!:eusa_dance:

Really? So you have a bit of specialize knowledge in a very small technical area. From your posts, your general scientific knowledge is next to nothing. No, we don't consult geologists or testing technicians when we are deciding how to heat treat a particular alloy. We have a multipy degreed metallurgist that makes those decisions.

As far as the turbines using substandard steel, I cannot say for other nations, but here the steel we roll for them has to meet standards for the industry. Our own lab tests the steel, as does the labs of the customers. And none of the technicians doing the tests are qualified to make judgements as to what alloys are to be used, only to make judgements that the steel meets, or does not meet, the tests they were trained to do. A very narrow range of knowledge and ability. People with degrees in the various sciences have to have a much, much broader range of knowledge. Any one of them could do the job of the technician, the technician cannot do their jobs.

Really? So you have a bit of specialize knowledge in a very small technical area. From your posts, your general scientific knowledge is next to nothing. No, we don't consult geologists or testing technicians when we are deciding how to heat treat a particular alloy. We have a multipy degreed metallurgist that makes those decisions.

As far as the turbines using substandard steel, I cannot say for other nations, but here the steel we roll for them has to meet standards for the industry. Our own lab tests the steel, as does the labs of the customers. And none of the technicians doing the tests are qualified to make judgements as to what alloys are to be used, only to make judgements that the steel meets, or does not meet, the tests they were trained to do. A very narrow range of knowledge and ability. People with degrees in the various sciences have to have a much, much broader range of knowledge. Any one of them could do the job of the technician, the technician cannot do their jobs.
You do not know shit OLD CROCK, first and foremost, I am certified to ASNT standards, any company you work that makes any kind of steel employs a full time ASNT certified Level III analyst. As you state your own lab tests the steel, "tests", that would be Non Destructive Testing.

Old Crock, you should of stated, "Our own lab performs Non-Destructive Testing of the steel".

NDT is an actual field, Old Crock's company has an NDT lab, I am an EPRI/ASNT NDT analyst. I work for Curtiss Wright Flow Control which bought our Company, Anatec intl.

Welcome to Anatec-LMT

And you are still a technician with a very limited education and field of knowledge. And I used to have a bunch of certifications in soils testing from ASTM, which have lapsed. Same for welding certifications. But none of that qualifies me to make decisions on major scientific issues, which why I post links to the scientists with the bona fides backing the opinions I express. Now, how about you posting some links backing your opinions?

And you are still a technician with a very limited education and field of knowledge. And I used to have a bunch of certifications in soils testing from ASTM, which have lapsed. Same for welding certifications. But none of that qualifies me to make decisions on major scientific issues, which why I post links to the scientists with the bona fides backing the opinions I express. Now, how about you posting some links backing your opinions?
I am an Analyst, hardly a technician. Go tell the ASNT level III at your "lab", that he is a technician and see how many points that makes you in your career.

old crock/moonglow, I have links everywhere in this thread, and in many more threads. You ignore all my posts, hell, you actually just comment, without quoting, so go link yourself.

Forum List

Back