Winter Olympic's..2010

I wonder why the President of the United States isn't going. He and his wife went all of the way to Copenhagen to beg for the Summer Olympics in Chicago and yet they aren't going to bother to even drop in at the Winter Olympics..............hmmmmm.

I wonder why the President of the United States isn't going. He and his wife went all of the way to Copenhagen to beg for the Summer Olympics in Chicago and yet they aren't going to bother to even drop in at the Winter Olympics..............hmmmmm.

That's interesting, I hadn't heard that.. it makes no sense. (oh, that's why)

They run Feb. 12-28th

My favorite sports are ice hockey and figure skating.

For hockey my vote for the gold goes to team Canada.

2010 Vancouver Olympic Games Medals Results Schedule Sports : Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympics and Paralympics

Downhill (alpine) skiing for me. I cannot believe how fast they go and how close each race is. Let's hope America can do better this time.

Franz Klammer's winning run at the 1976 Olympics was easily one of the finest things I have ever watched, the most exciting sporting performances I have ever seen. I had just come home and turned on the TV, the commentators were discussing how difficult the mountain had become, a lot of ice, many had fallen......... then Franz comes out of the starting gate and was on the very edge of total disaster the entire run........ watching it again gives me chills!
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYj9kIxAL_o&feature=related]YouTube - Franz Klammer - 1976 Olympic Gold Medal Run[/ame]

The winter Olympics is not a black thang, there are only a hand full of black competitors...... I have never known any black people that are interested in it........... Obama isn't going, it was announced a couple of days ago.

Obama skipping Winter Olympics eases security concerns - The China Post

Obama skipping Winter Olympics eases security concerns

VANCOUVER, British Columbia -- U.S. President Barack Obama's decision not to attend the Winter Olympics has eased some of the security concerns, although organizers still expect at least 40 foreign dignitaries needing special protection.

Assistant Commissioner Bud Mercer of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police said Wednesday that security will be ready for their arrival, along with the estimated 5,500 athletes and coaches, 11,000 media and 350,000 visitors expected to descend on Vancouver in the coming weeks.

“It would have made things more complex but we would have done it,” Mercer said, when asked about Obama's decision not to attend. Security is costing Canadians almost US$609 million, four times the original estimate.

The opening ceremony isn't until Feb. 12, but already Vancouver is beginning to resemble an armed camp. Several streets are closed, helicopters patrol the skies and security perimeters have been established around 80 sport and non-sport venues..

They run Feb. 12-28th

My favorite sports are ice hockey and figure skating.

For hockey my vote for the gold goes to team Canada.

2010 Vancouver Olympic Games Medals Results Schedule Sports : Vancouver 2010 Winter Olympics and Paralympics

Downhill (alpine) skiing for me. I cannot believe how fast they go and how close each race is. Let's hope America can do better this time.

Yup.. their pretty damn gutsy. I like the ski jumps also.
U S A U S A

I guess he knows he can't top Bush's performance at the Summer Olympics

women_volleyball.jpg

I usually watch them, Skiing and skating are my favorite events.

Actually went to the 1980 games at Lake Placid NY.

The winter Olympics is not a black thang, there are only a hand full of black competitors...... I have never known any black people that are interested in it........... Obama isn't going, it was announced a couple of days ago.

Obama skipping Winter Olympics eases security concerns - The China Post

Obama skipping Winter Olympics eases security concerns

VANCOUVER, British Columbia -- U.S. President Barack Obama's decision not to attend the Winter Olympics has eased some of the security concerns, although organizers still expect at least 40 foreign dignitaries needing special protection.

Assistant Commissioner Bud Mercer of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police said Wednesday that security will be ready for their arrival, along with the estimated 5,500 athletes and coaches, 11,000 media and 350,000 visitors expected to descend on Vancouver in the coming weeks.

“It would have made things more complex but we would have done it,” Mercer said, when asked about Obama's decision not to attend. Security is costing Canadians almost US$609 million, four times the original estimate.

The opening ceremony isn't until Feb. 12, but already Vancouver is beginning to resemble an armed camp. Several streets are closed, helicopters patrol the skies and security perimeters have been established around 80 sport and non-sport venues..

Can't we just be glad that a ton of money and resources aren't going to be wasted just on extra security alone?

Or would we rather find yet another reason to hate obama?

Last edited:
Well I recorded it but it cut off at the end because of the equipment failure... Did Wayne Gretzky light the torch?

The only thing more boring than the Winter Olympics are the Summer Olympics.

I guess he knows he can't top Bush's performance at the Summer Olympics

women_volleyball.jpg

Bush is reading a note he scribbled on his hand that says "Tell her she has a nice ass...":lol:

Forum List

Back