Winter in Jerusalem

retro

Dec 10, 2012
UK
I received this as part of the Embassy of Israel Newsletter - 11 January 2013 which I get.

' Yesterday, Jerusalemites woke up to a white morning – the weatherman’s promises were kept and many parts of the city are covered with many inches of wonderfully bright snow. Jerusalem had to wait 10 years for this kind snow, and it was surely worth the wait.

President Shimon Peres came outside to enjoy the snow after his security guards built a snowman at the entrance to the presidential residence in Jerusalem:

President Peres stated: “I share the excitement and joy of the residents of Jerusalem who have waited so long for snow like this. Jerusalem is beautiful in any colour but is very special in white – this is Jerusalem of Snow, the beautiful white snow unites the city in heart and soul. I know that everyone praises the beauty of Switzerland but today we have Israeli pride, I’ll remind everyone that these beautiful scenes are ours, these are the beautiful scenes of the land of Israel. I know there are also some citizens suffering today due to the weather, my thoughts and support are with you and I hope everything returns to normal soon”.

[I hope Israel gets lots of pleasure from this - they deserve it .. :eusa_angel:]

Attachments

• $jerusalem.jpg
    $jerusalem.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 69
oh gee-----hubby is out----can't wait to show him the
picture-----he was so delighted when I told him that
it had REALLY SNOWED in Jerusalem ---(ie more than 1/2 inch
stuff)

I'm jealous of them, I wanted snow, too!

Sad for the people of Bat Hefer, though. Hundreds of houses lost and destroyed by flood
b0416.gif

Hope they'll built up everything, soon.

Sad for the people of Bat Hefer, though. Hundreds of houses lost and destroyed by flood
b0416.gif

weird weather-----there are some lines ---in one of the more prominent
Shakesperean plays------Uhm ?? maybe JULIUS CEASAR ---???
or maybe ----Macbeth ?? that describes weird weather and
astrological happenings as a PREDICTOR OF DISASTER

sheeeeeessh------poetically,,, of course The weird
weather thing seems to be going on in many parts of the world

PLAYING IN SNOW IS A NO-NO FOR PALESTINIAN YOUTH
Israeli Soldiers Attack, Arrest Palestinian Youths Playing With Snow In Jerusalem

The Wadi Hilweh Information Center, in Silwan, in occupied East Jerusalem, reported that Israeli soldiers violently attacked and arrested several Palestinians playing with snow, in Sheikh Jarrah, in occupied Jerusalem, amidst the current snowfall that is covering nearly every part of Palestine. Extremist settlers, who gathered in the area shouted slogans against the Arabs and the Palestinians.

The clashes took place when a number of extremist Israeli settlers started throwing rocks at the local Palestinian youths who were playing with the snow, and started shouting and cursing at them, while chanting racist slogans against the Arabs and the Muslims.

The Center said that the current situation in the area is tensed as dozens of settlers and soldiers are still in the streets, and that the Palestinians were forcibly removed.

Several members of the Israeli Internal Security were also deployed in the area ordering the local Palestinians to leave; the extremist Israeli settlers were not ordered to leave, the center added.
PLAYING IN SNOW IS A NO-NO FOR PALESTINIAN YOUTH « Desertpeace

Another video showing arrest of Palis WITHOUT showing what happened before hand. Palestinian Propaganda at its best !

b0416.gif

weird weather-----there are some lines ---in one of the more prominent
Shakesperean plays------Uhm ?? maybe JULIUS CEASAR ---???
or maybe ----Macbeth ?? that describes weird weather and
astrological happenings as a PREDICTOR OF DISASTER

sheeeeeessh------poetically,,, of course The weird
weather thing seems to be going on in many parts of the world

I would definitely consider it an omen considering everything that is happening right now. Interesting as I didn't know about that connection between weird weather -etc, predicting disasters. - Jeremiah

Israeli Soldiers Attack, Arrest Palestinian Youths Playing With Snow In Jerusalem

The Wadi Hilweh Information Center, in Silwan, in occupied East Jerusalem, reported that Israeli soldiers violently attacked and arrested several Palestinians playing with snow, in Sheikh Jarrah, in occupied Jerusalem, amidst the current snowfall that is covering nearly every part of Palestine. Extremist settlers, who gathered in the area shouted slogans against the Arabs and the Palestinians.

The clashes took place when a number of extremist Israeli settlers started throwing rocks at the local Palestinian youths who were playing with the snow, and started shouting and cursing at them, while chanting racist slogans against the Arabs and the Muslims.

The Center said that the current situation in the area is tensed as dozens of settlers and soldiers are still in the streets, and that the Palestinians were forcibly removed.

Several members of the Israeli Internal Security were also deployed in the area ordering the local Palestinians to leave; the extremist Israeli settlers were not ordered to leave, the center added.

Hey, snowballs against tanks, that's a real threat!$brave_idf_soldier - Copy.jpg

Hey, snowballs against tanks, that's a real threat!View attachment 23772

There was nothing major happening there, Jews and Arabs having fun in the snow, that's all:cool:

Forum List

Back