Winter hours suck

Dark when I get home from picking up kids from school! 25 miles/each way to school. Leave at 3:00 pm to pick up, get there around 3:30 - 3:45 (depending on traffic). Leave school and arrive home around 4:30 - 4:45 (depending on traffic) and it is dark when we get here.

In the am, we leave at 7:15 am and the sun is just peeking above the horizon. Get to school at 8:15-:20 and it's full on sunshine. Get back home around 9:00 am (heading opposite traffic on way home) and day time is in full blast.

*sigh*

I like summer hours much better. Part of my problem is something called "Seasonal Affective Disorder" (SAD), which means I get depressed when I don't get enough sunlight. Since the daylight hours are shortened in winter, I have to work hard to make sure I get enough sunlight, otherwise I can end up with a major case of depression. SAD affects a lot of people and they just don't know it. They just "hate winter". ;)

Last edited:
We've got a form of SAD here now it's summer, but we call it "sunstroke".

But seriously JE I've spent a few winters in Toronto (couple of months and a month and a month) and I now understand what you mean.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibWO6KaYXfI]YouTube - Midas Canadian winter car chase ad[/ame]

Forum List

Back