Winter begins early

westwall

WHEN GUNS ARE BANNED ONLY THE RICH WILL HAVE GUNS
Gold Supporting Member
Apr 21, 2010
Nevada
olfraud, Chris and konrad have all predicted that this year was going to be hotter than the last, I said it would be cooler. Well lo and behold snow came early to the UK.

Also the Chinese are "suffering through the early onset of bitter cold. China's state-run media reported October 18 as the city's coldest autumn day since 1986, with temperatures peaking at 48 degrees and then dropping to 44."

Score: westwall 2 alarmists 0

Snow falls in Yorkshire - In October! - Telegraph

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503543_162-20020269-503543.html

Last edited:
Going to take more than just an early localized snow storm to bring the average that is running right with 1998 thus far.

Given that this is weather and not indicative of anything climate related (unlike what Chris would have everyone believe) I have to agree with you. However, as the Fall progresses into winter we will be able to gather what sort of trend is occuring. Will it be worse than last winter? Or will it be better? Right now I would bet a large sum of cash that I'll be correct and you won't.

I never said that this winter would be warmer than last winter. Why should it be? A La Nina developing, perhaps a very strong one, with a weak solar cycle. By past example, this should be a cool to cold winter. It should be below the 90th level for the past 180 years. But, the question is, as you posed it, will it be colder than the winter of 2010, maybe the warmest winter on record.

Last winter had a moderate El Nino, this winter what could be a strong La Nina. So if 2011 does like as 2008 did, ranked in the warmest ten years on record in spite of the Strong La Nina and record low solar minimum, that will pretty strong proof that the effect of AGW is far stronger than you would like it.

Ahhh yes... a heatwave in california is indicitive of Glowbull Wurmin and snow in Yorkshire is 'just an anomaly. Gotcha.

Warming, but not "proof" of AGW.

The Carbon Dioxide Greenhouse Effect

Of course, this is simply the biggest organization of physicists in the world, so why should what they say mean anything? After all, a drugged out fat radio jock is far more trustworthy, or, for that matter, and undegreed ex-TV weatherman.

Just out of curiosity, why do you have such a big hate for Watts? Or lindzen for that matter? They both seem to be pretty honourable in the way they put forth their arguments. Do you dislike them because they disagree with your position or is it some thing else?

Warming, but not "proof" of AGW.

The Carbon Dioxide Greenhouse Effect

Of course, this is simply the biggest organization of physicists in the world, so why should what they say mean anything? After all, a drugged out fat radio jock is far more trustworthy, or, for that matter, and undegreed ex-TV weatherman.

Just out of curiosity, why do you have such a big hate for Watts? Or lindzen for that matter? They both seem to be pretty honourable in the way they put forth their arguments. Do you dislike them because they disagree with your position or is it some thing else?

He hates them because they are scientifically rigorous, which is anathema to the alarmists. Can't freak out the natives if they actually get accurate information don't you know!

olfraud, Chris and konrad have all predicted that this year was going to be hotter than the last, I said it would be cooler. Well lo and behold snow came early to the UK.

Also the Chinese are "suffering through the early onset of bitter cold. China's state-run media reported October 18 as the city's coldest autumn day since 1986, with temperatures peaking at 48 degrees and then dropping to 44."

Score: westwall 2 alarmists 0

Snow falls in Yorkshire - In October! - Telegraph

Chinese Freeze Before Gov't Turns on the Heat - World Watch - CBS News

LOL!!! A weather report already!!! Here's mine, it's unseasonably balmy in my area. :lol:

And other than being very dry, it's normal here. Lows in the 40's highs in the 60's. It's awesome.

Oh damn. weather's being weather, not some sort of quasi superstitious omen.

And other than being very dry, it's normal here. Lows in the 40's highs in the 60's. It's awesome.

Oh damn. weather's being weather, not some sort of quasi superstitious omen.

You're right! IT'S THE GASES, STUPID.

Nope, the gases have nothing to do with it. As is being proven over and over and over again.

Do your part. Stop breathing so much.

and as an aside. By this time last year, the Twin Cities had 3 snowfalls by this time. But it all melted in November. Yes indeedy. Goblolo Wurmbing is teh happininz.

And two weeks ago we had our first snowfall. Reno had the wettest October on record so it looks like the winter is shaping up to be another harsh one.

Forum List

Back