Winning! Supreme Court Tosses Ruling Against Christian Bakers Who Refused Cake For Gay Couple

If only to see the faces of the conservative and what nots, the Evangelicals, I wish for Mayor Pete to be elected. Ha Ha. He is very intelligent and is even a vet.

That will be your present, a gay man as the Potus, look at how you acted when a dark skinned man, half white and half black was the Potus, 2 terms mind you. He will go down as one of the best presidents.
Those people you hate supported men and women to not being subjected to harassment, ridicule, denial of employment and worse. Their reward was that you took the power reigns are now controlling them. You will find out at some point that no one will be your slave suckers for long. They provide the booty to survive. Why you just provide the booty. Shamoing people will stop at some point. Wise up and play the give and take game.

So, this is good news. But I wonder how many people cheering for it have consistent principles? And how many are hypocrites? F'rinstance - how many of you respect Facebook's right to refuse to serve people who they think are 'sinners'?

Yeah, a baker refusing a special order is TOTALLY comparable to a social media platform censoring content . . . IF YOU'RE INSANE.

We have God to thank. Hopefully this will put an end to this harassment by Satan's disciples, aka Homosexuals.

Supreme Court Tosses Ruling Against Christian Bakers Who Refused Cake For Gay Couple

I think you're misrepresenting this case. The SCOTUS just told Oregon to reconsider their decisions based on the Masterpiece case. That ruling was so specific and narrow, the Oregon courts are going to rule exactly the same way they did before.

The SCOTUS punted and bought themselves time, that's it.​

SCOTUS gave Oregon a hint...like they did Colorado. You got stuffed...deal with it.
No, they punted. Do you even know what the Masterpiece ruling was?

Thus, the Court said, we don't need to look at the validity of the general law (at least not today). We can look more specifically at the Colorado adjudication to end the case. The Court did not, then, consider the strength of the First Amendment versus LGBT rights. It merely sent the case back to Colorado to adjudicate it fairly. That leaves room for Colorado to make the same ruling against the cake shop, but this time the CO Commission will have to be careful that it does not disrespect Phillips' religious arguments.
Masterpiece Cakeshop v. Colorado Civil Rights Commission (Decided June 4, 2018)

All anti discrimination laws protecting gays remain firmly in place...deal with it.

"Masterpiece Cakeshop became involved in a similar case in 2018, stemming from an incident in June 2017. The bakery refused to bake Autumn Scardina, a Colorado lawyer, a cake to celebrate her gender transition, which would have had a pink interior and blue exterior. Philips stated later that he refused to bake such a cake based on his Christian beliefs that one does not get to choose their gender."

Masterpiece Cakeshop v. Colorado Civil Rights Commission - Wikipedia

"In March 2019 the suit and countersuit between Phillips and the state were dropped, with the state believing that while the core issue on the intersection of discrimination against sexual orientation or gender identity and religious beliefs of service business remain in question, the specific case around Scardina was not the proper vehicle to answer those questions. The agreement allowed Scardina, should she want, to pursue her own civil action against Masterpiece.[50] In June 2019, Scardina, represented by attorneys Paula Greisen and John McHugh, brought civil suit against Phillips in federal district court on the perceived discrimination. Greisen stated they felt the state did not represent Scardina's case well, thus taking action directly"

I wonder what did Jesus say about gender identity?

Ya got stuffed....deal. This is devine

Pretty desperate to spin this as a win. Denying gays equal services will still result in lawsuits where the bigots lose.

So, this is good news. But I wonder how many people cheering for it have consistent principles? And how many are hypocrites? F'rinstance - how many of you respect Facebook's right to refuse to serve people who they think are 'sinners'?

Yeah, a baker refusing a special order is TOTALLY comparable to a social media platform censoring content . . . IF YOU'RE INSANE.

Or if you have consistent principles regarding the role of government.

I think you're misrepresenting this case. The SCOTUS just told Oregon to reconsider their decisions based on the Masterpiece case. That ruling was so specific and narrow, the Oregon courts are going to rule exactly the same way they did before.

The SCOTUS punted and bought themselves time, that's it.​

SCOTUS gave Oregon a hint...like they did Colorado. You got stuffed...deal with it.
No, they punted. Do you even know what the Masterpiece ruling was?

Thus, the Court said, we don't need to look at the validity of the general law (at least not today). We can look more specifically at the Colorado adjudication to end the case. The Court did not, then, consider the strength of the First Amendment versus LGBT rights. It merely sent the case back to Colorado to adjudicate it fairly. That leaves room for Colorado to make the same ruling against the cake shop, but this time the CO Commission will have to be careful that it does not disrespect Phillips' religious arguments.
Masterpiece Cakeshop v. Colorado Civil Rights Commission (Decided June 4, 2018)

All anti discrimination laws protecting gays remain firmly in place...deal with it.

"Masterpiece Cakeshop became involved in a similar case in 2018, stemming from an incident in June 2017. The bakery refused to bake Autumn Scardina, a Colorado lawyer, a cake to celebrate her gender transition, which would have had a pink interior and blue exterior. Philips stated later that he refused to bake such a cake based on his Christian beliefs that one does not get to choose their gender."

Masterpiece Cakeshop v. Colorado Civil Rights Commission - Wikipedia

"In March 2019 the suit and countersuit between Phillips and the state were dropped, with the state believing that while the core issue on the intersection of discrimination against sexual orientation or gender identity and religious beliefs of service business remain in question, the specific case around Scardina was not the proper vehicle to answer those questions. The agreement allowed Scardina, should she want, to pursue her own civil action against Masterpiece.[50] In June 2019, Scardina, represented by attorneys Paula Greisen and John McHugh, brought civil suit against Phillips in federal district court on the perceived discrimination. Greisen stated they felt the state did not represent Scardina's case well, thus taking action directly"

I wonder what did Jesus say about gender identity?

Ya got stuffed....deal. This is devine

Pretty desperate to spin this as a win. Denying gays equal services will still result in lawsuits where the bigots lose.

There was a lawsuit..you lost dyke.

Move along now...I'm relishing this victory for freedom of religion

Another liberal stab at America bites the dust!
Equality is so overrated...

Equality. Right. Because everyone in America has the ability to mobilize the government to destroy anyone who pisses us off and hurts our feelings.
bake the cake bigot.png

Just go to the next baker who wants your money.

Fuck agent provocateurs in the keister twice.

It's not quite that simple. The Oregon bakers refused to be part of a gay wedding, which violated their religious convictions. They served gay customers in their shop all the time.

So when Facebook simply bans the people whose political world view they dislike, or more deviously, they treat conservatives very differently from their leftist members, what deeply held moral conviction is Facebook acting on?

Same one all leftists hold: that disagreeing with them makes you eeeevil.

Moral conviction doesn't go all that deep on the left.

It's not quite that simple. The Oregon bakers refused to be part of a gay wedding, which violated their religious convictions.

So when Facebook simply bans the people whose political world view they dislike, or more deviously, they treat conservatives very differently from their leftist members, what deeply held moral conviction is Facebook acting on?

Got it. I'll put you down on the hypocrites list.

Basically, you just said, "I decided what I was going to hear you answer before you ever said anything."

Or if you have consistent principles regarding the role of government.

No, just if you're insane and believe you can apply broad, simplistic terms across diverse situations, because feeling smug and self-righteous is so much easier if you don't have to spend time thinking first.

This could be a slippery slope. What if bakers refuse someone because their religion calls for shunning a rich person. Would this be acceptable?

Another liberal stab at America bites the dust!
Equality is so overrated...
Intolerance is a Beautiful Thing (seen on t-shirts sold at GOP convention)

I knew you homos would lose.

What a beautiful day
I'm so glad that there was something to brighten your dreary existance. Grasp at whatever tiny straws of joy you can get before its all over.

Gfy fraud...be careful...I may pull the trigger and humiliate you to no end. Finish you.

Ask your friend how that happens...oh wait you can't....she crossed me

Forum List

Back