Winners Never Quit, But Google Does

Google Will Redirect China Users to Uncensored Site - NYTimes.com

Despite its size and reputation for innovation, Google trails its main Chinese rival, Baidu.com, which was modeled on Google, with 33 percent market share to Baidu’s 63 percent.

Google quit China and "that's all folks!"

What would you do? I don't see any other option in a sovereign country. Money talks and bullshit walks.

I would use American ingenuity and compete.

Google is like microsoft, in that it cannot play on a level playing field or an open one.

The entitlement of the asswiping Nouveau riche internet moguls.

I assume China will just block people accessing this site? Much like facebook etc is blocked

This is a interesting development I've been watching and the results of this will be just as interesting to see.

It's amazing despite how largely populated China is, the amount of censorship there is.

This is a interesting development I've been watching and the results of this will be just as interesting to see.

It's amazing despite how largely populated China is, the amount of censorship there is.

the amazing thing is that the majority of the young net users in China seem to support the censorship.

the amazing thing is that the majority of the young net users in China seem to support the censorship.

yep

:lol:

Is there a link to that or just what you heard?

what I observed a few years ago while I was in China. And input from a couple of shows I have seen on China.
Those kids are very proud to be Chinese.
They remind me of young republicans over here.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back