Winner, S.D., gets a $232 million lottery winner

Sarah G

When Nothing Goes Right, Go Left
Mar 4, 2009
NW Ohio
PIERRE, S.D. - The town of Winner, S.D., has produced a winner — and a $232 million one at that.

The winning ticket for Wednesday night's $232 million Powerball jackpot was sold in the ranching and farming town of 2,800 people.

"How often does something like this happen — a winner in Winner, S.D.?" Norm Lingle, executive director of the South Dakota Lottery, said at a news conference Thursday.

Winner, S.D., gets a $232 million winner - Wonderful World- msnbc.com

This person will probably get around $60,000,000 after everything is taken out. What would you do with that kind of money?

PIERRE, S.D. - The town of Winner, S.D., has produced a winner — and a $232 million one at that.

The winning ticket for Wednesday night's $232 million Powerball jackpot was sold in the ranching and farming town of 2,800 people.

"How often does something like this happen — a winner in Winner, S.D.?" Norm Lingle, executive director of the South Dakota Lottery, said at a news conference Thursday.

This person will probably get around $60,000,000 after everything is taken out. What would you do with that kind of money?

Invest half, save 20 mill, and blow 10 mill.

The hard part will be figuring out where to invest so that you're making money and not losing it. Especially after the past year where people have been losing their investments and retirement funds in big ways.

The hard part will be figuring out where to invest so that you're making money and not losing it. Especially after the past year where people have been losing their investments and retirement funds in big ways.

With 30 mill, just diversify. I would do mostly tech, I can judge what tech will be popular even if I don't like it. Apple computers would be one, Sprint and Qwest would lock in the communications/tech sector, you couldn't lose either way. Losing some money is fine, as long as you pull out before it falls too far.

I would continue publishing my website...but just until I ran out of money, of course.

Forum List

Back