wine pairing for lobster

omg i just called the damned seafood place...the fucking lobster died....one of them...they have ordered more but dont expect them in till around 2 pm today...i am so fucked.....they told me they had them...i checked yesterday too...no problems...so far....all i got is a key lime pie....i feel a major panic coming on..there is no way i can make him ski that long lol

why the hell didnt the manager call me when he went in today and found them dead...o and get this the seafood manager is a darth vader with the mechanic voice box....trying to understand him on the phone....oy....o fuck...what the hell am i gonna do now...i dont know what to do...the wine...oy oy oy

final update: dinner worked out....4 lbs of lobster is way too much...

menu:

started with raw oysters....then lobster...with asparagus...and butter...

the wine was excellent....man was pleased...said it was one of the best whites he had had.....i had a small glass...he drank the rest of the bottle...he was beat from skiing so we took a nap before the concert....then the concert.....it was 17 degrees with winds...we had to walk a few blocks..asleep at the wheel was good ..willie sucked...we left after willie played a couple of songs..drove home and collapsed...

hubby did ask how i found the wine...i gave yall full credit...he was very impressed with yall helping me find a good solid wine for dinner...we never drank the bubbie...

thank yall....shogun thanks for the url that leads me to the spanish wine...but mostly thanks for helping me and listening to me...

nailed the wine....whoooo hooooo....i am thinking a bottle of bubble too...but one of us has to drive...

Champagne is right with EVERYTHING.

I once had a champagne connection and drank nothing but the bubblie for about a year. Those were in my serious drinking daze, too, so I mean I drank a LOT of the stuff.

I had a connection such that I bartered with a pal of mine for Korbel Natural by the case.

I don't miss those days, but I surely am glad I had them, too.

menu:

the wine was excellent....man was pleased...said it was one of the best whites he had had.....i had a small glass...he drank the rest of the bottle...he was beat from skiing so we took a nap before the concert....then the concert.....it was 17 degrees with winds...we had to walk a few blocks..asleep at the wheel was good ..willie sucked...we left after willie played a couple of songs..drove home and collapsed...

hubby did ask how i found the wine...i gave yall full credit...he was very impressed with yall helping me find a good solid wine for dinner...we never drank the bubbie...

so you wound up with 4 lbs of lobster or you ordered 4 and wound up with less? none of my bizz, just curious.

menu:

so you wound up with 4 lbs of lobster or you ordered 4 and wound up with less? none of my bizz, just curious.

well here is the whole story..the devil is in the details isnt it?

i ordered the lobster tuesday...i wanted 2... 2 lb lobsters...they got me one 2 lb and one 1 1/2 lber...i was happy....btw i was blowing a whole grocery allowance on this one meal..the whole weeks worth...i had chili and rice...in the pantry so i knew we would not starve...so i check wednesday night...no problems....then when i call to have them pack them ...problem...now you must understand i had this all planned to the minute....skiing...then brunch...then concert....once the lobster died..which i dont believe,, i think the guy sold them to someone else....i would say someone from a gated community...those people simply dont accept no...in other words someone not blowing a weeks grocery allowance on one meal...so i call another place in boone...and they have plenty of lobsters....2 lbs and up....then i call the back the first one to tell them i cant wait till 2 pm to find out if the lobster are coming in....

they comp me.....3....1 and 1/2 lbers...yes you read that right....61 bucks worth of free lobster..another reason i dont think they died...if they really died..why comp the others...i realize i am a good customer and i did go in and explain that it was the man's 55th birthday and i wanted to do something special...i still would have preferred the larger ones...but it would have been an hour trip and all...plus who the hell can beat free?

the worst part...our anniversary is march 1st...i just cant go thru this again....i am gonna go real simple...

the lobsters not being right really caused a major break down in planning and time wise...plus it was no longer a big ass surprise...when i picked him up from skiing...i was sniffing and wiping my eyes mumbling.."the fucking lobster died"...he was calm...i was sniffing...more...a few tears...when i told him the whole fucked up story....he starts laughing...then i call and find out i am getting them comped ..he was happy...saw meals in his future too

o and the bottle of wine...under 20 bucks...

thank yall....shogun thanks for the url that leads me to the spanish wine...but mostly thanks for helping me and listening to me...

What?? No thanks for the bumwine.com link? :lol:

you got rep just like everyone else...bumwine...i have...i work at a beer shack that sells....

drum roll please

bootleggers...grape and apple...2.50 a pint

I am so sorry to hear that the lobsters died.

That is a real bummer.

They should be easily able to survive shipping on ice to anywhere in the world.

Next time, let me know and I'll see if I can buy them from a reputable dealer/shipper for you.

Forum List

Back