wine pairing for lobster

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
mans birthday soon...i need a wine that would be good with seafood...lobster being the main dish...i dont know squat about wine...i dont drink it...except for icewine..but that is way too sweet...for a main course....i do know that much...so what do you suggest? please bear in mind...i live in the country so it cant be that high toned...but i do have access to pretty good wine shops....thanks...

mans birthday soon...i need a wine that would be good with seafood...lobster being the main dish...i dont know squat about wine...i dont drink it...except for icewine..but that is way too sweet...for a main course....i do know that much...so what do you suggest? please bear in mind...i live in the country so it cant be that high toned...but i do have access to pretty good wine shops....thanks...
Ice wine would be a disaster.

I'd go for a Chardonnay...Fess Parker, Cuvaison, or something else from California...french wine would be too heavy. Go to the wine shop and ask for a recommendation, they are usually good at steering you in the right direction.

In this economy ?

Boones Farm or Thunderbird ........

j/k i agree with Ravi on this one .......

Last edited:

a pouilly fuisse or a fume blanc go pretty well with the critters or you can always go wild and have champagne.

Wine/Food Pairing Chart: White Wines

Sauvignon Blanc or Fume Blanc....you could probably get a good south african or austrailian or argentinian white if you went to you local wine shop....i would not spend the extra cash on a california white.....you may want to get two different wines to compare and see which one is better for you.....do not over chill them.....

chardony can also work but may be a bit too dry and or buttery and or and oaky depending on which one you pick...

assuming you are not doing it in a spanish red sauce style......in which case you could go with a spanish red.....

ooooo the Albariño would be great...he would be impressed with that one....

i have the entire day planned for him....he will ski all day...have dinner...then a concert...willie nelson..and asleep at the wheel...i like texas swing..in reality this day of activity will kill us both

i have the entire day planned for him....he will ski all day...have dinner...then a concert...willie nelson..and asleep at the wheel...i like texas swing..in reality this day of activity will kill us both

Asleep at the Wheel ? you lucky ass !!!

no shit...i didnt care about willie..then i heard asleep at the wheel would be there...i figure they will open and then they will play a set with willie then he will play a set...of course...i could be wrong...figure if willie sucks we can leave...son is willing to be the dd...so we can both drink....i most likely wont..since staying awake..past 9 ish can be tough for me...

son is not going to concert..just dropping us off and picking us up...he is doing it in bitter quietness ...

lol, skiing and lobster, sounds crazy to me but I'd do it. I like my lobster grilled, dipped in butter on a hot afternoon overlooking the ocean. Heaven.

o i am making dinner....i cant afford lobster out...hell i am blowing a wee bit of money on this birthday...but he deserves it...i plan to drive him to the slopes and drop him off right at the door....well as close as i can...i have the lobster ordered...i hope they come in all..but if not i will drop back and punt...so i will call wine shops tomorrow and look for the Albariño

shit...i have no plan b....i got my a plan then nothing.....and they are issuing winter storm warnings ...for tomorrow and thursday...creme brulee for dessert? or is that too heavy on top of lobster...

took the words right out of my mouth-i love those guys, but they don't seem to come north as much as they used to.

Forum List

Back