Windoze 7 Woes ...

... and for you die-hard Windoze users, sorry but Microsucks thinks you are all idiots:

"We are aware that consumers are encountering difficulties installing Windows 7 where the customer is currently running a 32-bit version of Windows such as Windows Vista, but purchased the 64-bit version of Windows 7," Michael said.

Microsoft blames users for Windows 7 problems - Techworld.com

...and now you know why I started being anti-MS since Bill turned the company over to that idiot.

... and for you die-hard Windoze users, sorry but Microsucks thinks you are all idiots:

"We are aware that consumers are encountering difficulties installing Windows 7 where the customer is currently running a 32-bit version of Windows such as Windows Vista, but purchased the 64-bit version of Windows 7," Michael said.

...and now you know why I started being anti-MS since Bill turned the company over to that idiot.
From the article:
"Microsoft yesterday blamed user confusion..."

It appears that many college kids were buying, and trying to download and install a 64 bit OS on a running 32bit OS. You can't do an install that way.

I don't see how the download problem is Microsoft's. The article reads as a bad case of overzealous or ignorant consumers.

I am no big fan of Microsoft, but I think you are taking the article out of context, to try and make a biased slap against Microsoft.

From the article:

It appears that many college kids were buying, and trying to download and install a 64 bit OS on a running 32bit OS. You can't do an install that way.

I don't see how the download problem is Microsoft's. The article reads as a bad case of overzealous or ignorant consumers.

I am no big fan of Microsoft, but I think you are taking the article out of context, to try and make a biased slap against Microsoft.

:razz: You stole my thunder. But meh, I was taking it a bit out of context, though a good tech support shouldn't have said that, at least not in the wording they used. A good tech support does not call those they are suppose to help "stupid" in any way ... you lose business that way. ;)

From the article:

:razz: You stole my thunder. But meh, I was taking it a bit out of context, though a good tech support shouldn't have said that, at least not in the wording they used. A good tech support does not call those they are suppose to help "stupid" in any way ... you lose business that way. ;)

Nobody was called stupid in the article.

As to the other articles, what you pointed out, is nothing new. It has been happening from day one. The new OS headaches happen with any company. Microsoft gets hit harder in the media etc., because they are a big company. There is no possible way that they can foresee any and all potential problems with third party applications, not to mention all the various and sundry computer parts trying to run said application.

You are doing the same kind of thing you rail on Shogun about.

From the article:

As to the other articles, what you pointed out, is nothing new. It has been happening from day one. The new OS headaches happen with any company. Microsoft gets hit harder in the media etc., because they are a big company. There is no possible way that they can foresee any and all potential problems with third party applications, not to mention all the various and sundry computer parts trying to run said application.

You know I'm biased, I know I'm biased ... as I said, since Bill handed control over to that idiot I have been and will likely remain that way unless he learns from his mistakes better, like Steve J did. ;)

As for the other articles, the point is that MS advertised it as being "better than Vista" ... while it is actually no better. Their sales pitch was misleading, which is my big contention about Windoze 7, yet they are openly harping and bad mouthing other OSes (though Mac kind of deserves it for their commercials :razz:) ... and have spread outright lies about Linux. Since Linux is open source there is no big company to sue them over it, so ... I like spreading the word that Windoze is no better than all the others.

You know I'm biased, I know I'm biased ... as I said, since Bill handed control over to that idiot I have been and will likely remain that way unless he learns from his mistakes better, like Steve J did. ;)

As for the other articles, the point is that MS advertised it as being "better than Vista" ... while it is actually no better. Their sales pitch was misleading, which is my big contention about Windoze 7, yet they are openly harping and bad mouthing other OSes (though Mac kind of deserves it for their commercials :razz:) ... and have spread outright lies about Linux. Since Linux is open source there is no big company to sue them over it, so ... I like spreading the word that Windoze is no better than all the others.

Microsoft plays hardball. They always have. Doesn't make it right. But, it is what it is.

I haven't used Windows 7 and don't plan on doing so. As such, I can't comment on it versus Vista or XP.

As a whole, I believe Microsoft does a bad job of quality control. Even with all its continued problems, most people will continue flocking to Microsoft. Microsoft has a good racket going. They put out an inferior OS on many levels year after year, and the public at large keeps asking for more.

Microsoft has the money, the power, and the spin. They have no need to be better, when people are taking whatever they put out.

You're incorrect KittenKoder. Windows 7 is much better than Vista, though other than being a resource hog Vista hasn't had much trouble as of late.

I think Win 7 is going to do quite well, personally. And it should do well - it's a good operating system. Sure, I'd like to see Linux gain ground, but I don't think you do that by just fanboying for linux all the time and pretending everything else sucks. People know that's not the case so you lose credibility.

You're incorrect KittenKoder. Windows 7 is much better than Vista, though other than being a resource hog Vista hasn't had much trouble as of late.

I think Win 7 is going to do quite well, personally. And it should do well - it's a good operating system. Sure, I'd like to see Linux gain ground, but I don't think you do that by just fanboying for linux all the time and pretending everything else sucks. People know that's not the case so you lose credibility.

true story. Hell, it speaks volumes that she'd need to be disingenuous anyway. A giant ball of fail exploded in this thread and it has nothing to do with windows 7.

I just get tired of OS wars after a while. They're dumb.

Another thing that hurts credibility is using terms like Windoze and Microsucks. If you're trying to come across as reasonable and providing an opinion that others should give consideration to, this doesn't help. I don't know that I've ever seen a reasonable OS discussion where the participants used such weak terminology. Same goes for terms meant to degrade Mac OS or Linux. If you can't even talk about the operating systems without those terms, why should anyone consider your opinion?

I'll still shill for Linux Mint 7, though. It's a great operating system. But Win 7 is good too, and even if you use Mac OS, which I tend not to like, I'm not going to insult you :)

I don't pretend everything else sucks ... ;)

This was for those who do it on the Windoze side. The problem is that it's not any better than anything else ... it has problems to, just like all the others. Comparing the time since certain OSes have been released, Windoze 7 has just as many as all the others. As BGG said, MS has a great racket going on, they make money off something that's inferior in many ways to other choices. One of the sad things that Windoze gluttons won't admit is that the GUI is just now catching up with others, but to the Windoze gluttons it's "all new" ... sadly it's really "all old". ;)

true story. Hell, it speaks volumes that she'd need to be disingenuous anyway. A giant ball of fail exploded in this thread and it has nothing to do with windows 7.

Care to address what the articles say, the ones posted from experts and not opinionated arseholes like you?

Care to address what the articles say, the ones posted from experts and not opinionated arseholes like you?

statistically, the HUGE market share of MS users makes startup issues inevitable. Hell, your own fanboy OS enjoys the same process.... well, sans the HUGE market share.

talk to me in 6 months when win7 is still dominating your silly cheerleader anthem.

:lol:

ps.. looks like you've already been pwned on your slant of the articles above. Again, there is a presence of FAIL in this thread and it has nothing to do with win7.

Last edited:

statistically, the HUGE market share of MS users makes startup issues inevitable. Hell, your own fanboy OS enjoys the same process.... well, sans the HUGE market share.

talk to me in 6 months when win7 is still dominating your silly cheerleader anthem.

Your ignorance in what a Market Share is astounds me.

yea. sure.

:thup:

yea. sure.

:thup:

The fact that you believe it accurately shows who uses what .... that's really sad. ;)

This was for those who do it on the Windoze side. The problem is that it's not any better than anything else ... it has problems to, just like all the others. Comparing the time since certain OSes have been released, Windoze 7 has just as many as all the others. As BGG said, MS has a great racket going on, they make money off something that's inferior in many ways to other choices. One of the sad things that Windoze gluttons won't admit is that the GUI is just now catching up with others, but to the Windoze gluttons it's "all new" ... sadly it's really "all old". ;)

Sure, they all have problems. It's easy to link to them - for any linux distro I can link to a forum full of people having trouble. Actually, Unbuntu gave me more trouble than any OS I've ever used, which is why I switched to Linux Mint initially. I like Ubuntu, but it was crap on my machine. For others it worked well.

Linux and Windows are meant to run across a vast diversity of hardware configurations. They don't control the hardware the way Apple does. So you're going to get problems with any new OS release. If you released any Linux distro on the scale of a Windows 7 release, you'd have a nightmare in comparison to the problems Win 7 is experiencing.

Anyway....like I said, Win 7 is a good OS. It's not going to pull me off Linux, but I've been using it since February as a secondary OS on three machines (primary OS on my gaming rig). I think it is very good.

Many people who promote Linux are their own worst enemies in the same way a guy like Al Gore is an enemy of global warming issues. The over-statements and zealotry ring false.

I've talked with you on here before, so this isn't entirely true of our interactions, but as a rule if I come across someone using words like Windoze I typically discount what they have to say right off the bat. Because you know you aren't getting an objective analysis from these. These people do a vast amount of harm to linux because they tell people things like "Oh, it's just as easy as Windows, don't worry just switch over" and then when they get people to switch, all full of false expectations, it's a let down and the people switch back to Windows inside a month. I've converted a number of people over to linux, most of whom are not very computer literate, and they've stuck with it because I'm honest up front, and I tell them it's not going to be just as easy as Windows, and that they should have someone around to help with the install possibly, and to help troubleshoot from time to time. And I tell them in the long run it will be a more rewarding experience than using Windows.

Anyway, the Windows bashing is just lame. Just like bashing Linux and Mac OS is lame.

Forum List

Back