Windows 8 Tips and Support

You have shared a nice post. I really want to say you thanks for sharing this nice post with us. This one is enlightened post.

When the computer starts up, you see all those "tiles" that will open different applications. If you right-click on a tile, at the bottom of the screen is an option to "unpin". If you select that, then it won't show at start-up. I "unpinned" a bunch of garbage that I know I will never use. It made it easier to find things I do use frequently.
Very informative

Tasks such as I describe? Unplugging the external drive to put it away should be a no brainer I would think. Used to be the simplest of tasks. Thus the frustration level.

Other simple things like checking the disk capacity or defragging or accessing what used to be "my computer" are still mystifying. I don't think adding unfamiliar 'cheat keys' would reduce my frustration level any. :)

My point is windows 8 is an entirely new "look", it takes time to get acquainted with it. Just a suggestion.

It is far far more than just an entirely new look. The whole process is entirely different from any previous windows version. If it was just getting used to a new look, I could manage that without problem. But there is no way even to shut the computer down intuitively with Windows 8. It's back to the Windows 8 for Dummies book to find out how to do it.
Still using 7 and took 10 off forever.

Forum List

Back